SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:47   #61
GlockFanWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
I've been reading here from "experts" that this thing is bound to be a piece of junk, sure to fail, go bad, do something wrong, or be wildly inaccurate, in other words, surely, Ruger's first attempt at a 1911 will be a bad one, or one only half-way well done.
My reading here is the majority of people really like this firearm.
GlockFanWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50   #62
dakota1911

I have a couple SR1911s and a SR1911CMD. They are a very nice pistol for the money.
dakota1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 13:23   #63
GlockFan7

I'm just angry about wasting money on targets. All my wife seems to need is 2 inches in the middle with her SR1911. Sometimes I hate to go to the range with her.
GlockFan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 17:24   #64
oger

Every time someone asks me what the best 1911 is for the money my answer is always the SR1911 either the full size or the CMD. Most people that know much about 1911s agree.
oger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 18:26   #65
ptmccain
Silver Membership

Somebody stupidly resurrected a post from 2011.

Somebody stupidly didn't bother reading said post, for they would have realized it was SARCASM.

In my opinion, the Ruger SR1911 is one of the very best values in its price class out there, if not THE best.

Next time try reading. It helps.

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by ptmccain; 07-07-2014 at 18:28..
ptmccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 19:16   #66
GlockFan7

Quote:

Somebody stupidly didn't bother reading said post, for they would have realized it was SARCASM.

In my opinion, the Ruger SR1911 is one of the very best values in its price class out there, if not THE best.

Next time try reading. It helps.
Wow, harsh words. You know, it really takes the fun out of it when you have to explain a joke.

Sarcastic...sure, but the OP obviously started this thread 3 years ago with good natured intent.

It was obviously resurrected with the same intent after having just read it. I even commented myself, just wanting to join in the fun.

I'm right there with you on your opinion of the SR1911. I had originally wanted one for myself until my wife, much to my surprise, wanted one. She got it and I got something else, since I don't do duplicates. She calls it, "My Baby". I don't have any pet names for it myself, but it really is a nice gun.

Personally, I like to go back and read some of the old posts from years ago, especially since I, like many others here, haven't been on the forum for all that long. It refreshing, because sometimes the newer posts are kind of stale and some of the posters take themselves way too seriously, while some others whine worse than a 3 year old that needs a nap.

Quoting bac1023 here, "The bigger question is why evoke a 3-year-old thread?" If a 3 year old thread (not for me) is a big deal, why are we talking about a gun that's One Hundred and Three?

If your comment was also intended to add to the sarcasm, sorry I missed it, and if so, I apologize.

Last edited by GlockFan7; 07-07-2014 at 19:19..
Old 07-07-2014, 19:33   #67
bac1023

Quote:
There's been several old threads brought back recently for whatever reason.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 19:59   #68
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
I think that you should just send me the pistol and be done with it then, my friend
I'll just quote okie, miss him!
Old 07-07-2014, 20:16   #69
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

I'm a moderator on another forum and it can be great fun to watch old threads get booted up after lying dormant for a few years. It provides a little perspective sometimes for newer members.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:20   #70
GlockFan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post
I'm a moderator on another forum and it can be great fun to watch old threads get booted up after lying dormant for a few years. It provides a little perspective sometimes for newer members.
Exactly! They're not old for everybody.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:33   #71
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Somebody stupidly resurrected a post from 2011........

Typical train of thought from a 1911Forum sheep!
There are only so damn many firearms topic possibilities. A smart man would realize that a thread that was started a few years ago is still very relevant to new and older shooters.

Try looking at the world without the blinders on,.....it can be quite refreshing!
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:35   #72
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
...Or he just did a search and honestly didn't realize the thread was so old, geez lighten up a bit.
I understand the point of your comment,....however the poster in question was/is clearly trolling for an argument. Go back and read his post, it has a rather clear message.
Old 07-08-2014, 15:54   #73
GlockFan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
There's been several old threads brought back recently for whatever reason.
Maybe someone needs to assign an expiration date to each thread so some of the newer members like me, won't make that mistake again, since it's such a big deal.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:44   #74
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFan7 View Post
Wow, harsh words. You know, it really takes the fun out of it when you have to explain a joke.

Sarcastic...sure, but the OP obviously started this thread 3 years ago with good natured intent.

It was obviously resurrected with the same intent after having just read it. I even commented myself, just wanting to join in the fun.

I'm right there with you on your opinion of the SR1911. I had originally wanted one for myself until my wife, much to my surprise, wanted one. She got it and I got something else, since I don't do duplicates. She calls it, "My Baby". I don't have any pet names for it myself, but it really is a nice gun.

Personally, I like to go back and read some of the old posts from years ago, especially since I, like many others here, haven't been on the forum for all that long. It refreshing, because sometimes the newer posts are kind of stale and some of the posters take themselves way too seriously, while some others whine worse than a 3 year old that needs a nap.

Quoting bac1023 here, "The bigger question is why evoke a 3-year-old thread?" If a 3 year old thread (not for me) is a big deal, why are we talking about a gun that's One Hundred and Three?

If your comment was also intended to add to the sarcasm, sorry I missed it, and if so, I apologize.
The person you quoted in this post was the OP.

To keep on topic, a friend of mine chose the Ruger SR1911 as their first in the platform despite trying to be swayed into Springfield and Colt offerings near the same price point. He had an LC9 and LCP at the time and wanted to stick with the same manufacturer as he had no issues with either pistol he already had. The SR1911 ran like a champ it's first time out. All that was done was a field strip, wipe down, and oil before being shot. As confirmed by others in this thread, they are solid pistols that from my limited experience with them run great.

For me, resurrected threads are great especially if the OP is still around and still has the firearm, optic, accessory the post was originally about as it can provide quite a bit of insight as to the long term reliability of the item. I would prefer the average joe posting back a few years and thousands of rounds later that a pistol is still working as it did on did when it was new than a magazine, blog, etc doing the same as the odds of bias and exaggerations due to manufacturer payment/kickbacks are not there. I know some will say this doesn't happen, but it does. Not all outlets are influenced like that, but some are as crooked as politicians.

Last edited by Roger1079; 07-10-2014 at 05:02..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 20:58   #75
ptmccain
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Typical train of thought from a 1911Forum sheep!
There are only so damn many firearms topic possibilities. A smart man would realize that a thread that was started a few years ago is still very relevant to new and older shooters.

Try looking at the world without the blinders on,.....it can be quite refreshing!

If I wanted your opinion, I'd have given it to you.

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

ptmccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 00:40   #76
Hohopelli
Schütze

Well I don't like them.. No specific details that I care to share, not expert comments to reference, I just don't like them. It's still allowed, yes?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:15   #77
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFan7 View Post
Maybe someone needs to assign an expiration date to each thread so some of the newer members like me, won't make that mistake again, since it's such a big deal.
Not a big deal. I was just making a comment.

To be honest, some other forums don't allow it. I'm thankful GT isn't that way, but it's not uncommon.

Some old threads are very useful, while others aren't.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:16   #78
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohopelli View Post
Well I don't like them.. No specific details that I care to share, not expert comments to reference, I just don't like them. It's still allowed, yes?
Nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of guns I don't like just because...

Old 07-12-2014, 17:56   #79
BillyP

I bought a SR1911 about a year or so ago and liked it so well, I bought my youngest son one. Never did talk a lot about the Ruger with him other than he liked it also. He did sell his Springfield though.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 18:06   #80
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
If I wanted your opinion, I'd have given it to you.

Like you matter to me.......?
Seriously?

Tags
ruger, ruger sr1911