Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:02   #1
BIGBOY61

Part of the 10mm Club Now!

Just picked up my G20SF on Friday night from my FFL! Man, this is a big pistol!

I say that, pretty much, in part by having a G30 and G26 for the last 8 years! Yeah, pretty much dwarfs that G26......
The 10 Ring

I spent Saturday just dry firing and practicing my grip on this baby. I already added all my after market parts, for now, that I want. I will get a better sighting system after I do more research. I have tritium sights on my Glocks and I am thinking about getting the 10-8 rear and gold bead front sight for this.

I only have 150 rounds of Georgia Arms 180gr for ammo, so I will wait for the week to begin and I will go to the range and let most of them go. Range time here is pretty full on the weekends. I like to go when I do not feel like I am rushed.
The 10 Ring

I have the Nations Gun Show this weekend and I intend to pick up some factory 10mm as well as more reloading supplies that I need, casings, bullets, and powder.

Thanks to all of the 10 Ring group here for their support and for the knowledge and experience you provide.

The 10 Ring

Last edited by BIGBOY61; 09-11-2011 at 02:03..
BIGBOY61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17   #2
21Carrier
Until I Gota 29

Looks good, man. It's great to have another 10mm shooter. Seriously, I don't know what it is, but there has been a TON of interest in 10mm recently. At least 10 people have recently bought 10mm Glocks, several of them being first time pistol owners, and there are TONS of people interested in them in General Glocking. If we keep this up, maybe we can lead a resurgence.
21Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:50   #3
BIGBOY61

21 Carrier,

Before I even joined up with GT and the 10 Ring here I was eyeballing a bunch of 1911 style 10mm. Wilson Combat, Colt Delta Elite, to Dan Wesson. Just did not want to spend the extra $$$ on that format when I could get a G20 variation.

I already spent $$$ on my Ed Brown 1911 and although I love that baby, it set me back a bit.

When I joined GT and found the 10 Ring here I knew that there was enthusiasm for the caliber that I wanted and I could share with a bunch of good guys their experience and knowledge.

I have to give you the most credit for doing that. Not only do I own my G20SF, but I have 70% of my reloading supplies ready to reload this round and I haven't even fired the pistol yet!!

There are others I may have not mentioned for credit, but you always seem to be there and offer your advice, knowledge, and experience. I just wanted to say thank you, in advance. I know I will be counting on your and others advice when I start to reload.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:02   #4
21Carrier
Until I Gota 29

No problem, Bigboy. That's what we are all here for. We all love this caliber, and the guns that chamber it. If I can convert just one person, I have a better day. The good thing is that shooting the gun does all the talking. The first time you let some hot rounds loose, you won't stop grinning for a while. Even the weak stuff is still fun. Weak 10mm ammo is still about on par with hot .40S&W SD ammo.

And I can't even begin to tell you what a great decision reloading is. Not only does it save money, but it's really fun. With 10mm you will never run out of new things to try, and you won't have to worry about paying for expensive ammo. I could (and usually do) go on and on, but you will understand very soon. I'm not one to pick up and drop hobbies, but I figured I would somewhat slow down with my pistol/10mm obsession. That has absolutely NOT happened. It's been six months now (since I got my first 10mm), and it's worse than ever. Plans for rifles have turned to reloading supplies. Thoughts of .22LR conversion kits have turned to 10mm long slide conversions. And my 13 year obsession with modifying/racing Mustangs has apparently been placed on the indefinite back burner. I still have just as much fun, but it's so much cheaper. And if I break a part, it's usually less than $20 to replace. That's a far cry from spending $500-2,000 and countless hours to replace a fragged differential or a melted piston. It really is a great hobby, pastime, and sport. Have fun!

Last edited by 21Carrier; 09-11-2011 at 03:04..
21Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:13   #5
alwaysshootin

Well it's about time you joined BigBoy!

10MM are so addicting, be careful how you obtain more of them. Hell, just two weeks, ago I was attempting to trade for a Bond Arms derringer, in 45 long colt, just because, for another $119, I could get a 10MM barrel for it. After running only a few down range, you will be hooked. Any other caliber is just another firearm!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:23   #6
BIGBOY61

Well, I feel that I could not become a "true" member until I had the either the G20 or G29 in my hands.

Standing on the sidelines and getting more educated about your decision is good. Everyone should go through that process. However, when you finally do it, it is very gratifying.

I am so used to the Glock compacts that this larger framed pistol will take some getting used to. I cannot wait to get to the range.

Just excited and stoked to finally feel what this round can do. I have seen plenty of YouTube vids on the destruction and power of this round.

Soon I will be reloading my own variations of the 10mm theme and I am stoked about that!!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:48   #7
alwaysshootin

I wish I had 21 carriers typing skills, but long story short. I owned three or four Glocks before I owned my first G20. Went to gun show, after gun show, with cash in hand, back a few years. Never, were there any, G20's to purchase, new, or used.

Finally, at an Ohio Gun Collectors Show I find one!! It was a 1.5 gen, phosphate coated slide, no finger grooves, no glock box, one magazine, and the dude was asking something like $650!

I politely asked if I was perhaps missing something, like, was the other side of the gun, gold inlaid, or something? He laughed and said no, why? At the time NIB G20's were $529, assuming priced the same as a G21, which were readily available, already had one! Wasn't leaving a gun show, multiple times, with cash in hand, and not coming home without a glock!

We haggled, and I ended up coming home with it for $425 yeah, I know! Then low and behold the Long Slide bug hit, hard! Just ask 21carrier about that bug.

Low and behold, Lone Wolf recommends, only 3rd gen, and newer, for their long slides. Exit stage left 1.5 gen, off to find a 3rd gen. Five or ten shows later, whalah, just what I'm looking for a 3rd gen. After paying for, and filing paper work, notice on box in big letters, "SF".

Mind you, I already have a 3rd gen 21, and if you aren't aware, an SF, and regular 3rd gen have some different parts.

SF model had to go, and, 4 months ago, picked up a NIB 3rd gen, with steal sights. All is fine again in alwaysshootin land.

Sorry for the long story, just wanted you to know how obsessed I am with the 10MM. I've acquired since, a 1911 in TEN, and am seriously, seriously, considering acquiring a Smith 610, but needless to say, without a lock is a must!!!!

Last edited by alwaysshootin; 09-11-2011 at 03:51..
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28   #8
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

BIGBOY61, The 10mm is not a club! It hits much harder!

All kidding aside, congratulations with your G-20SF!
Good luck!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 15:14   #9
BIGBOY61

Going to the range tomorrow to get my first WOW factor from the G20.

I will submit a range report and photos.
Old 09-11-2011, 22:07   #10
MinervaDoe

Welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOY61 View Post
Soon I will be reloading my own variations of the 10mm theme and I am stoked about that!!
I'm glad to hear that you will be reloading.
It will make it a lot easier to take advantage to the 10mm's versatility.

You'll probably enjoy the 10mm reloading forum too.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Have fun with it. I almost always take a 10mm with me when I go to the range now. They are fun guns to shoot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:38   #11
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post

Have fun with it. I almost always take a 10mm with me when I go to the range now. They are fun guns to shoot.
That is a must, for me also, even if it's shooting in the back yard. You can bet at least one 10, and one .22 pistol, are going to get shot, each outing!