Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:13   #1
TIN CAN

New Glock 29 FTF questions

Was hoping some of you could give me some insight. I took my G29 to the range with some Buffalo Bore, Double Tap and Bitter root valley ammo. All were JHP. The BB and DT shot fine out of the 10 round mag. I loaded the BVAC ammo in the glock 20 15 round mag and had many faliure to feeds. The mag look fine. This is cocerning as my G26 has never had any issues with any ammo. Should i be concerned?

On another note, the g29 mag when loaded with 10 rounds is very tight and bearley locks in place. Loading it with 9 rounds it locks in place quite easily. Is this normal?

thanks for the advise
TIN CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 21:09   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Some pistols have an issue feeding some ammunition. If the other ammunition performed flawless I would simply recommend you stick with them. If you insist on using the BVAC you may need to polish the feed ramp to improve performance.

The mag locks into place easier with 9 round because the spring tension is less. That 10th round takes all the more effort to seat it. In time the spring will take a set and it will get easier. Load all your mags to full capacity weather they are in the gun or not. This will help the spring to set faster.