Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:50   #1
ContractSoldier

AK 105 Build

I've been thinking about getting a start on gathering parts for an AK 105 build, only thing is that I will have to buy the parts, piece by piece (due to current money and time situations, no problems if it cost a little extra, nice things cost money), what are my options?

I know if I buy the Bulgarian 12.5" barrel and trunnion block, I will need a compensator that will make the overall length 16 inches when permently mounted, will the compensator AK-USA sells in the picture below, make this a legal 16 inch barrel when permently mounted to BATF specs?

The Kalashnikov Klub

Note in the item description below, the parts length is 4-3/4" so the overall barrel length should be 16 inchs if the ATF still approves of permently mounted compensators and flash suppressors making barrel lengths a legal 16 inches, as they do on AR's?

I'm basically going after that AK 105 look, more then anthing else, I don't mind the extra length on the permently attached muzzle device. Of course, for the rest of the parts, I can get those from an Bulgarian AK74 parts kit.

Last edited by ContractSoldier; 09-04-2011 at 02:08..
ContractSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:47   #2
BBJones

Yes you can pin a muzzle device to an AK to get to 16" OAL just like an AR. Totally legal and you will not need to get a tax stamp for an SBR.
Old 09-04-2011, 16:14   #3
ContractSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJones View Post
Yes you can pin a muzzle device to an AK to get to 16" OAL just like an AR. Totally legal and you will not need to get a tax stamp for an SBR.
Thanks, I should have an AK74 parts kit on the way soon. On side note, how far out would one be able to accurately shoot an AK in 5.45x39 with a 12.5 inch barrel with a muzzle brake permantly attached and still get decent groups were your aways hitting the target while aiming straight at the target?

I would think you could atleast get out to 100 yards at the firing range while maintaining your accuracy.
Old 09-04-2011, 17:11   #4
dakotasdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContractSoldier View Post
I would think you could atleast get out to 100 yards at the firing range while maintaining your accuracy.
I have this.
http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.ph...cat=354&page=1

The barrel has been chopped back to the gas block/front sight assembly and had the muzzle device permanently attached by the smithy.

Its doable for sure. For example, a couple weeks ago, I was shooting out to 200 yds no problem using the irons. Benched. My little brother and I were using a B-27 target at the time.

It'll do it, if you do your part.

Tactical shotgun club #715, Kalashnikov Klub #715, Rimfire club #715

Last edited by dakotasdad; 09-04-2011 at 17:12..
dakotasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 00:34   #5
ContractSoldier

I just put an order in with Kvar, for their U.S. made folding buttstock, handguards, and pistol grip. I held off on ordering the U.S. made Arsenal semi-auto FCG that are injection molded metal, to see what everyone on here has to say about them.

That being said, what exactly is injection molded metal mean for me when it comes to AK FCG?, are these high quality FCG's?

Last question I have is, does anyone know were I can get a flash suppressor, like the one in the video below, that maintains that true AK105 look (that does not have the AK74 cut outs in the picture above) while keeping the 12.5 inch barrel, a legal 16 inches when permently attached?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sDr4UkyVT8

Last edited by ContractSoldier; 09-06-2011 at 00:35..
Old 09-06-2011, 02:26   #6
GIockGuy24
Bring M&M's

Arsenal USA made a limited run of the type of muzzle brake you are looking for. They used them on their AK-105 rifles. I doubt you can get one from them but you can ask them. They say they no longer sell parts directly and to buy parts from K-var and K-var says they doubt they will have any as Arsenal only made a few for the rifles they sell. The one you pictured was a fairly high quality and expensive one. I'm not sure if it's still available.

http://ak-103.com/parts.html
Old 09-06-2011, 16:58   #7
Nicoroshi
Avid Shooter

I went with the extended 4 piece Bulgarian copy FH that CNC warrior makes.
Works well, and gets you over 16" when blind pinned, and welded.
Also used a Bulgarian kit with KVAR barrel assembly.
One of the softest shooting rifles I own (recoils like a .22LR).
It can certainly reach out to over 200 yards accurately.

The Kalashnikov Klub

Just some information for a member from another forum that has exceeded his PM storage which I hope he finds here.

On that AK105 clone I built>
The CNC warrior extended Bulgarian FH is 4 5/8" long.
The length of the rifle from back of the receiver to end of FH is 25 1/8"
Looks like you're 7/8" short of getting the 26" you're after using that FH.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope another option presents itself to you for your build.
Nico
Treat each accordingly.
21 Club #150 California Glockers #150 Kalashnikov Klub #150 Black Rifle Club #377

Last edited by Nicoroshi; 12-14-2011 at 23:58..
Nicoroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 22:16   #8
ContractSoldier

Nice build. Well my U.S. made side folding stock, handguards and pistol grip, shipped today from Kvar. My Bulgarian AK74 parts kit will be on It's way soon.
Old 12-15-2011, 00:04   #9
Nicoroshi
Avid Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContractSoldier View Post
Nice build. Well my U.S. made side folding stock, handguards and pistol grip, shipped today from Kvar. My Bulgarian AK74 parts kit will be on It's way soon.
Another option for you is to do what I did on another AK105 clone I built.
This one has the 16" barrel assembly KVAR sells, and is topped with a cone they sell that the barrel fits inside of.

Gives you that 105 look (with slightly longer muzzle device), and negates the need for permanent attachment due to a full 16" barrel assembly hidden below the fake muzzle device.

The Kalashnikov Klub
Treat each accordingly.
21 Club #150 California Glockers #150 Kalashnikov Klub #150 Black Rifle Club #377

Last edited by Nicoroshi; 12-15-2011 at 00:06..
Nicoroshi is offline   Reply With Quote