Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:20   #1
AZJERRY

Help with Nevada law on uncealed weapon in vehicle

Nevada law officers: i need your help. I have a Arizona concealed carry permit, when i enter Nevada how do i legally transport my weapon?
I faxed the office of the Nv. Attorney General, they do not provide legal advice to private citizens. I Faxed the Nv. Highway Patrol Southern Command (4/29/14), no response. I checked handgunlawus.com- it states that Nv. is silent on unconcealed firearms in vehicles. Any clarification on this issue is appreciated.

Moderator:if this thread should be in Cop talk, move it
AZJERRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:46   #2
drifter2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJERRY View Post
Nevada law officers: i need your help. I have a Arizona concealed carry permit, when i enter Nevada how do i legally transport my weapon?
I faxed the office of the Nv. Attorney General, they do not provide legal advice to private citizens. I Faxed the Nv. Highway Patrol Southern Command (4/29/14), no response. I checked handgunlawus.com- it states that Nv. is silent on unconcealed firearms in vehicles. Any clarification on this issue is appreciated.

Moderator:if this thread should be in Cop talk, move it
Stick it in your glove compartment in a holster and you are good to go, it is what I always have done.

I would also suggest you do what I did, since NV no longer recognizes our carry permit, and go take the free CCW course at The Gun Store in Vegas, was $30 out the door for the cost of ammo to shoot the qualification course, the instructor is great, covers a lot of good information. $100 at LVMPD to submit the application and it is good for 5 years.

I did it because we travel to Laughlin and Vegas several times a year, and I hate having to pull over before the Hoover Dam or in Bullhead to stow my gun...I'm almost always designated driver when we are going anywhere, so if I'm not drinking anyway, might as well be carrying.
drifter2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:24   #3
Goldendog Redux
Shut your mouth

Carry it however/wherever you want in your car.