Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2011, 19:54   #1
JayGlock98

G30 SF brass ejection issue?

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I recently chose Glock after I got CCW permit. I love guns and going to the range. I own a G19, G23 and my newest addition a G30 SF.

I haven't had any issues with my 2 other Glocks. Today I picked up my G30 SF. I loaded a full mag and started to pull and let go of the slider to see if everything is working properly. The slide is jamming sometimes. About 2-3 bullets. I tried to pull it but the bullet gets partially jammed. Like is too slow getting out and the next one pushes up too fast.

My friend told me to clean all the glock factory copper looking grease and lucbricate the gun again. I pulled out the firing pin, extractor and barrel. I cleaned everything really good and grease lightly. I grease the metal parts in the back part of the handle (sorry i dont know all the part names yet). I also greased the barrel and slide. I put everything back and work the slide for like a min to work all the grease in.

I put the mag back and it performed alot better. the 1st mag i put, only 1 bullet got jammed. I worked 2 more mags and all the bullets came out fine.
I was reading in GT that this could be a mag spring issue or another part that glock will send me if I contact them.

Im going to work a few more mags thru the cycle and see how they do. Im going to test the G30 on saturday at the range. I tested a G30 sf at the range last week and there was no issues at all. I ran 50 bullets at that time.

Any suggestions? Should I contact glock or go to the range and try it? Does this gun needs to be broken in a bit ? I didnt had any issues with my other glocks that i bought brand new as well. Thanks.
JayGlock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 16:00   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Sounds like a simple break in issue to me. you need to get one of the counter guys at the range to watch you shoot. odds are your problems are self inflicted. Have them check out your grease job too. Sounds to me like you have way too much on it already.