Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:59   #1
BassBait

New Guy with new G19 Gen4

Hello guys from Venezuela (South America) I just got a brand new G19 Gen4, I also own a G23 Gen4, G17 Gen2, PX4 Storm Full size .40 cal, PX4 Full size 9mm, PX4 SubCompact 9mm (all PX are G converted) and last but not less a Walther P99 AS .40 cal. Used to have a G26 Gen4 but sold it cause I didn't liked the short grip.

The thing is I'm having a little issue with the G19 Gen4, when I put the mag in and rack the slide to chamber a round, about 60% of the times the cartigrade will not feed in to the chamber, just will get stuck at half way pointing up on the middle of the feeden ramp... and therefore the slide won't go fully forward...

I have tried to rack it slowly, middle speed and flash speed and the results are the same... another thing I tried was with the slide locked back, put the mag in and then release the slide and the results are even worst...

It is jus too damm hard to chamber the first round, good for me that I always carry with one in the pipe, cause it would be impossible to relay on a gun that in most cases wont allow me to chamber the first round properly, I'm also worry about malfunctions like FTFeed during firing...

I carried for a few days but I went back to my PX SC which is pretty smoth..

I have putted like 50 rounds thru the G19 no failures so far..

Well guys I really glad to be here sourrounded of so many knowleged people and I hope to be ussefull to the forum.

Gretting from Venezuela.
BassBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:06   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Sounds like you are experiencing feeding issues on a full mag? If so, try the following:
Use a secondary magazine to strip the first round then remove it. Now insert your carry mag that is loaded to full capacity. It should feed flawless.
Please update us with a range report so we know how it worked out.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:25   #3
BassBait

Hi JR, actually I normally don't load the mags to full capacity, just a preserving the mags springs thing of mine.... so they allways are -1 round and thats how I use to carry, so I don't think that should be the problem, I'll do some testing with lets say half a mag to see the results though... thank's for taking the time for the sugestion.

Grettings from Venezuela.
Old 08-11-2011, 15:43   #4
JR
GT Sponsor

If you are experiencing feeding issues with a partly full magazine the problem is with the ammunition or the feed ramp. I would suspect the ammunition. Does the tip of the ammo stick in the feed ramp or does it stick in the top of the chamber?
Old 08-11-2011, 17:02   #5
BassBait

Rigth now I'm usin Federal FMJ, the tip of the roud stick in the top of the chamber and stays there in an angle something like 30 degrees or a little less.. I was thinking on polishing the feeding ramp mostly on the upper edge...

Last edited by BassBait; 08-11-2011 at 17:03..
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43   #6
JR
GT Sponsor

When the cartridge sticks into the roof of the chamber it usually is a OAL issue. Reloaders simply seat the cartridge a little deeper and the issue is resolved. If the ammo is a factory round I would take a look at the feed ramp. A little polish will go a long way here