Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:48   #1
arushus
Biggest Member

What is the value of once shot starline brass?

I just recently bought my first handgun, a Glock 20SF. I plan on getting into reloading in the future, but even though I have no reloading equipment right now, Im saving my brass anyway for when I am able to reload it. However, on the off chance I win the lottery and I end up not getting into reloading, is there any value to once fired starline brass? If so, how much for say 500 or 1000 pieces of brass? Id probably be willing to just give them away if somebody was willing to pay for postage id be willing to pack them up and send them to you. One more thing, if anybody out there has any old reloading equipment for 10mm that they'd be willing to sell, or donate (even better), please let me know! Thanks for any replies!
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 13:15   #2
Kwesi

I'd gladly pay postage! Don't know value.

BTW: my last Starline order was 13 cents each!

Last edited by Kwesi; 08-01-2011 at 13:41..
Kwesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 14:23   #3
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwesi View Post
I'd gladly pay postage! Don't know value.

BTW: my last Starline order was 13 cents each!
Sounds good man, once I get enough to make it worth messing with, say 500 or something close to that, and it's clear Im not going to be able to get into reloading myself for a while, Ill PM you!
Old 08-01-2011, 14:37   #4
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I use to say used is about worth half of new, but the people who are selling used brass are charging way too much these days. With brass being shot and seeing bulging these days I quit buying used 10mm brass ubless they are below half of StarLine's price for new 1K @ $147 shipped!

Using the Flat rate boxes works well for mailing at reasonable cost. Free boxes at the Post Office or mailed to your door...if it fits it ships!
Small is about $5
Medium is about $11

I'm game for some brass also...
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 14:38   #5
Kwesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
Sounds good man, once I get enough to make it worth messing with, say 500 or something close to that, and it's clear Im not going to be able to get into reloading myself for a while, Ill PM you!
PM sent.
Old 08-01-2011, 14:55   #6
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
I use to say used is about worth half of new, but the people who are selling used brass are charging way too much these days. With brass being shot and seeing bulging these days I quit buying used 10mm brass ubless they are below half of StarLine's price for new 1K @ $147 shipped!

Using the Flat rate boxes works well for mailing at reasonable cost. Free boxes at the Post Office or mailed to your door...if it fits it ships!
Small is about $5
Medium is about $11

I'm game for some brass also...
Ill be in touch...I get on here at least once a day so Im usually within reach. Ill keep saving my brass and let you guys know when I get to a decent amount. Right now Ive only got fifty pieces, but more ammo is on the way!
Old 08-01-2011, 17:39   #7
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

Find someone near you that reloads 10mm and share for reloads.
Old 08-01-2011, 17:40   #8
hubcap500

Depends on how it's been shot and how many times it's been fired once. Some people abuse the brass (overloading) and consider it once-fired since it's only been fired once each time it's fired. Some brass is useless after only one firing.
hubcap500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 17:49   #9
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcap500 View Post
Depends on how it's been shot and how many times it's been fired once. Some people abuse the brass (overloading) and consider it once-fired since it's only been fired once each time it's fired. Some brass is useless after only one firing.
Haha, Im not playing games. Id love to be able to find someone near me that reloaded but doubt that will happen, hardly anyone around here has even heard of 10mm, much less reloads it.
Old 08-01-2011, 18:09   #10
Kwesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcap500 View Post
Since the OP doesn't reload and it's Starline brass I assumed he was firing factory loads so in his case it would really be "once fired".
Old 08-01-2011, 18:12   #11
Maine1

scrimp and save, and spend $27 on a lee hand press, $30 or so on dies, and about $60 more on components. Save that brass, and all other brass you come by.
DO learn to reload- commit to it, and you will enjoy that 10mm much more.

OR... i'll try a jedi mind trick.
once fired 10mm brass is a HAZARDOUS MATERIAL of unique capability, one that ONLY I can properly diospose of, for a small fee, or course. DO NOT believe the others, only I am right..

..the BS is strong with this one..
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 19:59   #12
GTRhino24
Blazin' 10mm x2

NEVER buy used brass from 21Carrier. He is rough on his brass. It hides everywhere so that it won't be reloaded again. Whereas mine lands in a nice 2' circle, his buries itself in the rocks.
Old 08-01-2011, 20:02   #13
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1 View Post
scrimp and save, and spend $27 on a lee hand press, $30 or so on dies, and about $60 more on components. Save that brass, and all other brass you come by.
DO learn to reload- commit to it, and you will enjoy that 10mm much more.

OR... i'll try a jedi mind trick.
once fired 10mm brass is a HAZARDOUS MATERIAL of unique capability, one that ONLY I can properly diospose of, for a small fee, or course. DO NOT believe the others, only I am right..

..the BS is strong with this one..
Thats some funny stuff man, I actually laughed out loud on that one!
Old 08-01-2011, 20:04   #14
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRhino24 View Post
NEVER buy used brass from 21Carrier. He is rough on his brass. It hides everywhere so that it won't be reloaded again. Whereas mine lands in a nice 2' circle, his buries itself in the rocks.
lol
I seriously doubt he'd actually sell any of his brass, I know him to be an avid reloader. You two are shooting buddies arent you?
Old 08-01-2011, 20:15   #15
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Quote:
This would probably be true for Kegs brass as well!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 23:31   #16
Hogpauls

Even if you do become independently wealthy via the lottery reloading is a great hobby that feeds your other hobby, shooting. It's a great way to pass the time and loading for the Mighty 10 there are almost endless ways to load rounds.
Old 08-02-2011, 22:18   #17
21Carrier
Until I Gota 29

Quote:
Quote:
lol
I seriously doubt he'd actually sell any of his brass, I know him to be an avid reloader. You two are shooting buddies arent you?
Yeah, we go shoot the 10s every week or so. He's not kidding, either. His always seem to land in a semi-nice pile. Mine, on the other hand, get flung into low-earth orbit. The few that don't reach escape velocity try to hide in the rocks. I think it has to do with the fact that he WAS shooting a G20, which tends to not fling them as far. Now that he's shooting his new G29, I think he's gonna lose a few. Well, that and I seem to be endeavoring to die by catastrophic case failure.

I second Maine1's idea of getting a cheap Lee hand press. Look it up on YouTube. There are several videos for it. You could spend $100 and have everything you'll need. You won't be cranking out 100 rounds per hour, but you could make quality ammo while watching TV. It would be cheaper than anything else, too. Even the really cheap hand-press route is great with 10mm. Really, the first time you make your own ammo, and realize what amazing diversity and value can be had, you will trade food for bullets/primers/powder. Reloading for the 10mm is the shooter's equivalent of crystal meth or crack.

Last edited by 21Carrier; 08-02-2011 at 22:22..
21Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 23:32   #18
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Carrier View Post
Yeah, we go shoot the 10s every week or so. He's not kidding, either. His always seem to land in a semi-nice pile. Mine, on the other hand, get flung into low-earth orbit. The few that don't reach escape velocity try to hide in the rocks. I think it has to do with the fact that he WAS shooting a G20, which tends to not fling them as far. Now that he's shooting his new G29, I think he's gonna lose a few. Well, that and I seem to be endeavoring to die by catastrophic case failure.

I second Maine1's idea of getting a cheap Lee hand press. Look it up on YouTube. There are several videos for it. You could spend $100 and have everything you'll need. You won't be cranking out 100 rounds per hour, but you could make quality ammo while watching TV. It would be cheaper than anything else, too. Even the really cheap hand-press route is great with 10mm. Really, the first time you make your own ammo, and realize what amazing diversity and value can be had, you will trade food for bullets/primers/powder. Reloading for the 10mm is the shooter's equivalent of crystal meth or crack.
ya i was just looking at a lee hand loading kit for $60....plus dies for about the same. Im assuming I use the 40 S&W dies?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27   #19
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Haha, Im not playing games. Id love to be able to find someone near me that reloaded but doubt that will happen, hardly anyone around here has even heard of 10mm, much less reloads it.
True, but, a lot of people who reload, reload the 40 S&W round! If you find someone who does, get yourself a pack of large primers, a can of Longshot powder, and a box of 180-200 grain XTP's and load them yourself, with supervision of course. Just an idea.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:31   #20
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
I would also be happy to pay postage on any and all brass you'd like to send me.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote