GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:27   #51
pgg00

I carried a department issued colt for a while. Nothing but problems. Lost faith in the gun. Bought a 6920. Same thing. Nothing but problems. Sits in a safe now and comes out for plinking. Don't trust my life with it. Finally built this to use. Several thousand rounds later not a single hickup.

Cop Talk

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 00:41   #52
COLOSHOOTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgg00 View Post
I carried a department issued colt for a while. Nothing but problems. Lost faith in the gun. Bought a 6920. Same thing. Nothing but problems. Sits in a safe now and comes out for plinking. Don't trust my life with it. Finally built this to use. Several thousand rounds later not a single hickup.
Hmmm you must have had the worst luck ever with the pony's.... I have three (LE6520, LE6721 & LE6920) in the safe and used to have a Department Issued one. All have been 100% reliable with the only issues being operator error (gloved paw in front of ejection port) or bad magazines. My brother also runs a Colt LE6920 thats been 100% too although he's not a high round count shooter like I am.

Anyway here's mine. Just finished the upper about 12hrs ago.

Upper: Colt M4 Stamped, Troy TRX Extreme Rail 11", ARMS #40L BUIS (I like the CQB notch on them), Magpul Front BUS, DD 1/7 M4 profile barrel, M3X Weapon Light (Was free or I'd go LED), Magpul AFG (might scrap this for more weight savings). Soon to have EoTech placed on it after my next range trip.

Lower: Colt LE6721, VLTOR Mod Stock, VTAC Sling, MIAD Grip.

Cop Talk

This is the old Upper LE6721 1/9 HBAR DD Omega Rail EoTech and M3X. This pic is a year and a half old before I switched to the Mod Stock. The upper is still in tact and is my range plinker now.
Cop Talk

-George Orwell-

Last edited by COLOSHOOTR; 08-03-2011 at 00:46..
COLOSHOOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:19   #53
pgg00

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOSHOOTR View Post
Hmmm you must have had the worst luck ever with the pony's.... I have three (LE6520, LE6721 & LE6920) in the safe and used to have a Department Issued one. All have been 100% reliable with the only issues being operator error (gloved paw in front of ejection port) or bad magazines. My brother also runs a Colt LE6920 thats been 100% too although he's not a high round count shooter like I am.

When we first got patrol rifles (many years ago) they were Colt AR-15 A2 Gov't Carbines. Brand New. We took them out to run them through our paces. Every single rifle jammed with almost every round for the first couple of mags. Finally started to loosen up and we would have jams only once or twice per mag. After about 500 rounds per gun they would start to run smoothly. I felt better, then took two of them to a school. Both crapped out in the school. Only rifles that crapped out. There were guys with old M16A1s, bushies, RRA, and even an Oly. All ran fine except for the new Colts. It was pretty embarrassing.

Bought my 6920, had the same problems up until about 500 rounds in. Lost faith in that gun also. Decided to build one and haven't looked back since.

There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
Old 08-04-2011, 13:05   #54
THELimey
Ancient Member

M16A1 FA 14" GM Hydramatic with Eotech and PEQ IR/VL and X300. Suppressor and large surefire are off for the Erad activity.....It is issued.

Cop Talk
Attached Thumbnails
Cop Talk - Click for larger version  

Keith Richards

Last edited by THELimey; 08-04-2011 at 13:18..
THELimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 13:10   #55
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Nice background!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:48   #56
Jwatts02

Had look hard at the background there. "Who takes a pic with their gun by their feet?"....Haha weed....... Now i get it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Jwatts02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 18:52   #57
CW Mock

Current Patrol Rifle ... started as an M&P15-A, which as been more or less upgraded/modified to an X model. It has the Troy rails, with Magpul covers. I run an Aimpoint Comp M2, and a Surefire G series light. It's a Vicker's 2 point sling, and lets see ... MIAD grip, and a sweet Young Manufacturing hard chromed M16 bolt and carrier. I have an AFG that's on there now. Oh, and it has the KNS pins and some other odds and ends too.

Cop Talk

And this was the other patrol rifle ... a USGI M14 made by H&R Arms. Had the blonde birch stock, and was bone stock, down to the happy switch when I first got it. When they took it away to give to a guy who didn't have a rifle, it was like a death in the family, followed by the urge to commit workplace violence on a biblical scale. I am over it now ... sort of ...

Cop Talk

And the whole long gun stable ...

Cop Talk
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 16:27   #58
Bodyarmorguy

Department Issued Bushmaster XM15E2S. I am somewhat limited on what I can I add to or modify so......

I added a Vicker's padded sling & Surefire M500 handguard light. The previous Officer to whom the rifle had been issued to added the CAA cheekrest on the buttstock. I am luke warm on it's practicality, but giving it a fair assessment before I decide whether or not to keep it.
Cop Talk

Since I was recently put in charge of the firearms program, I will make an effort to allow personally owned rifles. If so, I will swithc out to my personal gun...Colt 6933 (11.5" bbl), MagPul rear stock, Knights UVX handguard rail, Vicker's sling, LaRue rear sight, Aimpoint Micro T1 and Surefire Scout light.
Bodyarmorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 16:40   #59
DDALET2000

Rock River Elite CAR A4
Aimpoint PRO
Magpul rear flip-up sight
Streamlight Super Tac foregrip/light combo
Blackhawk CQD Sling

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
DDALET2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:36   #60
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
How is that aimpoint pro working out for you? I have been seriously considering getting one.
pal2511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:06   #61
DDALET2000

I love my Aimpoint PRO. It's perfect for me. It comes as shown on my rifle. Rugged, versatile, and reasonably priced. I don't need 15 different brightness settings of the other models. It has 6 regular and 4 NV settings. I usually switch between the highest and next to highest brightness depending on dusk/dawn or daytime if I know I'll be doing high risk stuff. Battery lasts years. The night vision compatibility is nice to have for future toys. The quick(-enough) detach mount is solid and sets the red dot a little above the front iron sight. Good co-witness. $400. I know there are lighter solutions out there, optic and mount, but I don't sling that bad boy all day. I would recommend it without a doubt. I can send you more pics if you'd like. Just PM me.

DT

Last edited by DDALET2000; 08-07-2011 at 02:13..
DDALET2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:23   #62
Peace Frog

Question?...

Are 7.62 allowed in any of your PD's or agencies?

Peace Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:35   #63
EODLRD
AF Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
These are all looking good.

You guys think I should go with the bicycle inner tube trick to hold on my pressure switch or just get a tango down rail cover with a pressure switch?

Also have been looking at the larue index clips because they have the wire routing option also but I gotta get a new pressure switch for that method unlesss I want to hook it up with double sided tape.
I use Velcro on both my duty Colt & my personal one. Works well. Been running this way for the past 5 years or so.

Sent from my ADR6400L
EODLRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47   #64
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Frog View Post
Question?...

Nope.. .223 for patrol and SWAT. .308 bolts for the sniper team.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59   #65
Peace Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Nope.. .223 for patrol and SWAT. .308 bolts for the sniper team.
Dang that blows...especially with some of the new 7.62 AR platforms out.Some of them give bolt guns a run for their money.
Do you know if 7.62 is allowed in Alaska?I watch that Alaska State Trooper show at times and man those guys are sometimes out in the boonies alone with dozens of brown bear...Screw that noise.

BTW thanks for the quick reply.
Peace Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 13:18   #66
pgg00

Quote:
Question?...

My agency has a fish cop side of it. Those officers will carry a 7.62. Most carry their personal ones. Usually an AR type platform.

Old 08-07-2011, 14:03   #67
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Question?...

Not mine.

Quote:
Dang that blows...especially with some of the new 7.62 AR platforms out.Some of them give bolt guns a run for their money.
Do you know if 7.62 is allowed in Alaska?I watch that Alaska State Trooper show at times and man those guys are sometimes out in the boonies alone with dozens of brown bear...Screw that noise.

For patrol use, I think that the .308 is a bit much for most situations. Diminished capacity, added weight, more concerns with over-penetration, etc. I think there is still a place for it in rural agencies, but in urban and suburban type agency it's probably a stretch.

...and if I was looking for an AR type gun to use against a bear I would prefer something like the .458 SOCOM.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 18:44   #68
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:

No idea about Alaska.

Old 08-07-2011, 18:45   #69
GenoTac Ind.
|KYDEX GEAR>

I know I'm jail duty, but still part of our SWAT Team.

The AR went from this...
Cop Talk

To this...
Cop Talk
"Just as the mentality and actions of the unrighteous changes, so should our tactics and gear adapt to make us better prepared" -Gene Llaguno, Owner of GenoTac Industries, LLC http://www.genotac-industries.com
GenoTac Ind. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 18:52   #70
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by g30another600r View Post
To this...
Cop Talk
What is the new barrel lengeth and new rail length?
Old 08-07-2011, 20:10   #71
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Mmmmmm, I've got a Rock River Arms Pro-Series Gov't that came with a SureFire M951 light. Pray tell, how do you mount the pressure switch with inner tube? The velcro doesn't work for crap.

Anybody have any close-ups and procedure for that?

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 22:46   #72
GenoTac Ind.
|KYDEX GEAR>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
What is the new barrel lengeth and new rail length?
14" barrel 13" rail. Tax stamped lower, all built by me. Barrel had to be taken to a smith for cutting since it started as a 14.5 with welded flashhider.

Dept doesn't issue so we can pretty much get what we want on our guns since we pay for them.
"Just as the mentality and actions of the unrighteous changes, so should our tactics and gear adapt to make us better prepared" -Gene Llaguno, Owner of GenoTac Industries, LLC http://www.genotac-industries.com

Last edited by GenoTac Ind.; 08-07-2011 at 22:48..
GenoTac Ind. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:15   #73
rudeboy3

Another idea for the pressure switch is black electrical tape over it, it holds up for me pretty well.
rudeboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35   #74
ateamer
NRA4EVR

We're finally getting rifles for the non-SWATters! I go to training at the end of the month and can then carry the 6920 carbines we got. Hopefully rifle instructor and armorer school won't be far behind for me, as I am a Glock and MP5 armorer and instructor. It doesn't sound like we will be allowed any choice on sights, sling, optics or anything else on the guns. Being allowed to buy and carry our own is out of the question - legal mumbo-jumbo and hesitancy at higher levels, despite some of the state's largest agencies doing it with no problems. If it ever looks good for personal purchase, HK is getting some of my hard-earned OT money.
Know-it-all
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:47   #75
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Trying to get it possible to have my OBR heavy hit the road . . . .

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote