Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 23:57   #426
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Yeah I've got room on both in front of the sight post and on the rail.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Throw a pistol light up there. X300 works better because it has the push activation but a tlr would be fine if that's what ya got

Old 12-17-2012, 19:16   #427
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

Wanted to show my new light on my duty rifle-

Cop Talk
Believe it or not, I got it at Wal-Mart for less than forty bucks AND it has strobe feature and lithium battery included. So far its held up great. The only problem it has, and its a biggie, is the switch is very awkward to activate for any right handed shooter.
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 19:20   #428
wingryder

This is probably the appropriate time to say that the toys I posted on the previous page have all been lost in an unfortunate boating accident.

Oh well, whaddya gonna do?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 19:39   #429
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

The reality is that officers needing a patrol rifle and magazines had best do it sooner than later. I fully expect any new legislation will not exempt us as it did in 1994.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 20:52   #430
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
The reality is that officers needing a patrol rifle and magazines had best do it sooner than later. I fully expect any new legislation will not exempt us as it did in 1994.
This is probably true. For those that don't know, DSG Arms sells ten packs of P-Mags for $100 and ten packs of their bomber GI mags for $90. Both are out of stock right now but they're a great deal when they've got them.

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 21:30   #431
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

I stopped by Rainier Arms on Friday to pick up a batch of PMags for officers at my PD. They just got in a gross of them this last week.

They are sold out again as of right now.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 23:28   #432
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Someone posted on the local car forum that between Friday night and monday morning (he didn't post the link) he read on an e-zine that ~75,000 Pmags were sold.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:33   #433
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

No pmags (or any other kind) at my local Big R last night. I am glad I bought one Saturday. I did pick up the last remaining dog-eared package containing a genuine Ruger mini 14 20-rd mag.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33   #434
CW Mock

An alternative to an AR ...

Talk about the M1A the other day made me remember I never added pics of that rifle to this thread!

So here we are. Springfield M1A Scout Squad in American Walnut. It came with some sort of muzzle brake/compensator thing, which went away after the first trip out. An 18 inch .308 is loud. Really loud. That brake on there made it uncomfortably loud for me, and downright punishing if fired anyplace but the open. By a barricade, berm, etc it rattled teeth. That, and everyone HATES being next to it when it goes off. It has a National Match (no bayo lug) M14 hider on it now, and its better. Still loud, but not punishing loud, and you can see at night after firing it. Makes the cool M14 ping noise too.

Other than the flash hider swap, I have put on an aftermarket Sadlak magazine release so its a little easier to manipulate, and a Smith Enterprises bolt stop, which is easier to use with gloves or under stress. I use a USGI sling. An Aimpoint micro on a factory low mount works great on the rail. I don't have the cash for one right now, and the one I do have is on a Larue tall mount atop my 6720.

It's big (40 inches), heavy (9lbs) and all American. We use Federal 168 grain Sierra match in .308 as our duty round, which works well. M14/M1A is pretty popular with my agency, in particular in the rural areas. We are blessed in the sense we can have two approved duty rifles. I have the 6720, and the M1A Scout. I chose the scout because its easier to maneuver and a hair lighter. I personally think the 18 inch barrel looks better.

Cop Talk

At the bottom here is the M14 I had issued to me for years. It was a brand new H&R M14 in a birch stock. When it first got issued, it had the selector switch installed. It was fun, but HARD to control in full auto. All the full auto guns (M14 and M16) we have are now semi only. If you have the switch, its not hard to put back in though. I loved "blondie." I shot several service rifle matches with her, and did fairly well. She went to a coworker who did not have a rifle. I missed a .308 so much I got an M1A later.

Cop Talk

They don't have that video game cool factor, or the same "go fast ability of an AR type gun, but they do have a lot of character and charm that an AR will never have.

Anyone else carry a .308 at work?

Last edited by CW Mock; 03-28-2013 at 20:50..
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:24   #435
lndshark

Those are just awesome, CW!

Our CO's (conservation officers) have M1A's for their long guns. Makes sense in the rural world and when working around game, I suppose. For a while (before I was on the road), we had the option of carrying Mini-14's in addition to the 12ga, but a Mini-14 is most definitely NOT an M1A!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:53   #436
genecole

Here is my rifle that I am carrying currently.

Cop Talk
genecole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51   #437
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
Talk about the M1A the other day made me remember I never added pics of that rifle to this thread!

So here we are. Springfield M1A Scout Squad in American Walnut. It came with some sort of muzzle brake/compensator thing, which went away after the first trip out. An 18 inch .308 is loud. Really loud. That brake on there made it uncomfortably loud for me, and downright punishing if fired anyplace but the open. By a barricade, berm, etc it rattled teeth. That, and everyone HATES being next to it when it goes off. It has a National Match (no bayo lug) M14 hider on it now, and its better. Still loud, but not punishing loud, and you can see at night after firing it. Makes the cool M14 ping noise too.

Other than the flash hider swap, I have put on an aftermarket Sadlak magazine release so its a little easier to manipulate, and a Smith Enterprises bolt stop, which is easier to use with gloves or under stress. I use a USGI sling. An Aimpoint micro on a factory low mount works great on the rail. I don't have the cash for one right now, and the one I do have is on a Larue tall mount atop my 6720.

It's big (40 inches), heavy (9lbs) and all American. We use Federal 168 grain Sierra match in .308 as our duty round, which works well. M14/M1A is pretty popular with my agency, in particular in the rural areas. We are blessed in the sense we can have two approved duty rifles. I have the 6720, and the M1A Scout. I chose the scout because its easier to maneuver and a hair lighter. I personally think the 18 inch barrel looks better.

Cop Talk

At the bottom here is the M14 I had issued to me for years. It was a brand new H&R M14 in a birch stock. When it first got issued, it had the selector switch installed. It was fun, but HARD to control in full auto. All the full auto guns (M14 and M16) we have are now semi only. If you have the switch, its not hard to put back in though. I loved "blondie." I shot several service rifle matches with her, and did fairly well. She went to a coworker who did not have a rifle. I missed a .308 so much I got an M1A later.

Cop Talk

They don't have that video game cool factor, or the same "go fast ability of an AR type gun, but they do have a lot of character and charm that an AR will never have.

Anyone else carry a .308 at work?
Links aren't working, man. I need to see the pics of that sexy beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:53   #438
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
Those are just awesome, CW!

Our CO's (conservation officers) have M1A's for their long guns. Makes sense in the rural world and when working around game, I suppose. For a while (before I was on the road), we had the option of carrying Mini-14's in addition to the 12ga, but a Mini-14 is most definitely NOT an M1A!
We had the minis when I worked for state DOC; frankly, I hated the things.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 03-28-2013, 20:50   #439
CW Mock

There, fixed the broken links!
Old 03-29-2013, 14:41   #440
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Love the Scout version of the M1A. What was the Scout version the put a folding stock and quad-rail on? That one was excellent too, but a little heavier than a "clean" Scout version.

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 16:22   #441
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper

Cop Talk
Old 03-29-2013, 22:06   #442
bccop

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Here's my issued Colt Canada C8A2 with 14.5" barrel. They originally gave me a Surefire Scout M600C and a cheap 3 point sling.

Since then I have purchased and added a 5.11 VTAC padded 3 point sling, a rail for the handguard, Magpul RVG, and Redi-Mag.

A couple months ago our Firearms Training Team NCO surprised us with Aimpoint Micro T-1's with Troy Industries BUIS.

Next in the works is Integrated Universal Receivers made by Colt Canada. Not sure what barrel length we are going with.

http://www.coltcanada.com/products-c8iur.htm

Archilochus, Greek Soldier and Poet, 650 BC
bccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 22:27   #443
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
There, fixed the broken links!
Lovin' that Scout Squad!

Quote:
Old 03-30-2013, 22:00   #444
CW Mock

It's pretty nice. It did a hair under 1MOA with 6 rounds of the Federal Gold Match duty ammo at 100 yards off a nice rest.

Not sure what the brand of rest was, but it was rock solid and pretty much removed me from the equation. Some guy into precision rifles had it when I was practicing and offered to let me see what the rifle would do. I have got 1 inch groups with 3 rounds before, but never 6 before. That was cool.

Tell you what though. I love how .30 cal has been turning cover into concealment since 1906! It's a great open country and barrier defeating piece.

This summer I'm going to see if they will let me into a match or two with it so I can see how well I do with the shorter barrel and sight radius.