SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-17-2012, 20:46   #281
CW Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
Be careful with that ASAP. I had it for a while and it would hit my hk hook weird and drop the rifle when slung.

Also look at magpul handguards, they are cheap and make mounting things much easier. Impact weapons make a ton of stuff to attach to the moe guards.

The new g2x puts out over 200 lumens and is an awesome light. Are you using an older model?

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong
I have the MS3 sling on it now with a "lock" for the hook, but I'll see what happens. I decided to try the single point sling/ASP because the 6720 doesn't have a side swivel like the 6920. The 0.625 pencil barrel side swivels are impossible to find. I don't like the way by Vickers sling works using the normal swivel, so I went the "new" for me route. This upcoming class is going to be a testbed for a few things.

I have an older G2 light with the incandescent bulb. The one on my other rifle is the old style too.

I have played with the idea of MOE handguards, but never really felt the need yet. The Colt/stock M4 style ones feel good to me, and have double heat shields. They are pretty light too. I am going to put the money towards the optic and light first I think.
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 21:33   #282
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Pics of the SP6920:

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:18   #283
pgg00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Email Ian at shadez of gray tactical.

He is a local to me LEO and his Magpul pricing is obscene. It'll probably be close!
Dude. Why didn't you tell me about this. I thought you were my friend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:51   #284
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
I have the MS3 sling on it now with a "lock" for the hook, but I'll see what happens. I decided to try the single point sling/ASP because the 6720 doesn't have a side swivel like the 6920. The 0.625 pencil barrel side swivels are impossible to find. I don't like the way by Vickers sling works using the normal swivel, so I went the "new" for me route. This upcoming class is going to be a testbed for a few things.

I have an older G2 light with the incandescent bulb. The one on my other rifle is the old style too.

I have played with the idea of MOE handguards, but never really felt the need yet. The Colt/stock M4 style ones feel good to me, and have double heat shields. They are pretty light too. I am going to put the money towards the optic and light first I think.
Good deal, wasn't sure how the ms3 attached and wanted to give ya a heads up.

The moe guards are double heat shielded as well. I had impact install a qd mount in the guard for my two point and it works awesome. Fwiw.

What kind of optic you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55   #285
CW Mock

I am going for Aimpoint T1/H1 micro on a Larue mount when I get the cash. Light as possible and approved at my agency.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 07-18-2012, 15:29   #286
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
I am going for Aimpoint T1/H1 micro on a Larue mount when I get the cash. Light as possible and approved at my agency.

Nice! What kind of rail section/light mount is that?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-18-2012, 20:57   #287
mntrpr

Quote:

You wanna become my chief so I can carry my own rifle???

mntrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 23:13   #288
CW Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntrpr View Post
You wanna become my chief so I can carry my own rifle???

Not if I have to bring CALEA. :P

Old 07-19-2012, 02:56   #289
pgg00

got the MC-G33 light in today. This thing is bright. Makes my stream light seem like the old weak maglights. I got it with the pressure switch cap also. Seems like the pressure switch isn't the toughest thing out there. I'll play with it in the next few days with the clicky switch then throw it on one of my other rifles with the pressure switch and see how it does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 16:27   #290
lndshark

BTT - ordered my 6720 last night. Should have it in a day or so!

I considered a 6920 with the Magpul bits, but I got an awesome deal (less than $1000 OTD) on the lightweight rifle instead. Also, everyone wanted $1500 to $2000 for an LE6920...WTF? I could care or less about the roll mark...

I'll likely follow CW's lead with a sling of some sort, light mount, and leave it alone. Gotta let the bank account recover first though. After those mods, paychecks will go to ammo and training. TIGBSMFF!
Old 07-24-2012, 20:56   #291
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post

I considered a 6920 with the Magpul bits, but I got an awesome deal (less than $1000 OTD) on the lightweight rifle instead. Also, everyone wanted $1500 to $2000 for an LE6920...WTF? I could care or less about the roll mark...

I'll likely follow CW's lead with a sling of some sort, light mount, and leave it alone. Gotta let the bank account recover first though. After those mods, paychecks will go to ammo and training. TIGBSMFF!
If it's packaged like my 6920 was, it should have a sling, cleaning kit, and two 20-rd mags with it.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2012, 21:07   #292
CW Mock

That's what mine had. Two 20 round PMAGs and the GI style cleaning kit.

I had day two of instructor class, 6720 is doing fine. It gets hot quick in long strings of fire, and the Magpul rail shot loose. Tends to climb/jump more than the normal M4gery, but dang is it nice to have a light rifle after holding a high ready for ages.

I'm liking it a lot so far.

Old 07-24-2012, 21:11   #293
CW Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Nice! What kind of rail section/light mount is that?

it's a Surefire G2 in a Viking Tactics mount on a 5 slot pice of Magpul rail. Pretty light, but a bastard to get on there right, and it shot loose today after about 100 rounds of fairly rapid fire. I got it tight again, but I'm not too amused with it. If it shoots loose again, I'm ditching it for something else.

Old 07-24-2012, 21:24   #294
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
it's a Surefire G2 in a Viking Tactics mount on a 5 slot pice of Magpul rail. Pretty light, but a bastard to get on there right, and it shot loose today after about 100 rounds of fairly rapid fire. I got it tight again, but I'm not too amused with it. If it shoots loose again, I'm ditching it for something else.

Thanks. Yeah, I was looking at a Troy Battle Rail today; $170 and the shop will install it for free. I only plan on mounting a light, but still; I'd rather have something solid, even if it's not for duty use.

ETA: Yours came with PMAGs? Mine just came with the regular metal Colt mags. Must have been an older production run that the distributor still had in stock when the local shop ordered it.

Quote:

Last edited by CJStudent; 07-24-2012 at 21:25..
Old 07-24-2012, 21:28   #295
Ohio Cop

I'll be buying my first AR in the next month. Several good choices out there. Looking at the SW mp15 and a colt or bushmaster.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 21:34   #296
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I'll be buying my first AR in the next month. Several good choices out there. Looking at the SW mp15 and a colt or bushmaster.

Having owned the S&W and now Colt, I'd say go with the Colt if you can afford it. Mil-spec counts for duty use.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2012, 00:16   #297
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post

Excellent choice.

If you decide you want some magpul bits, head to shadez of gray tactical. He is a LEO here and has excellent prices.

You can sell the colt carry handle, handguards, grip and stock and fund magpul replacements almost 1 for 1. You may even make money.

I highly recommend the Magpul MS3 sling with ASAP. I also highly recommend a MOE handguard and scout mount for the light. Cheapest best option for you.

-texmex
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 00:25   #298
SAR
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Sadly, the events in Colorado might be the kick in the *** that some of these reluctant chiefs need to get behind their own rifle programs. The irony of that is politicians are trying to take rifles away from citizens in the same breath.

If you have to wait for a tragedy such as this, it's too late. If your Department doesn't have a rifle program, lobby for one. If your Department does have one, by all means, do what it takes to get on the cadre, then train, train, train...
Old 07-25-2012, 00:45   #299
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR View Post
Sadly, the events in Colorado might be the kick in the *** that some of these reluctant chiefs need to get behind their own rifle programs. The irony of that is politicians are trying to take rifles away from citizens in the same breath.

If you have to wait for a tragedy such as this, it's too late. If your Department doesn't have a rifle program, lobby for one. If your Department does have one, by all means, do what it takes to get on the cadre, then train, train, train...
That coupled with a few events around here really changed my perspective on things. I am purchasing my own rifle in the coming weeks for use on the road.

It really can happen anywhere, I'd rather have what I need when I need it.

Cj, that's what I'm told. I am shopping around.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:05   #300
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR View Post

Indeed. The Aurora chief did an interview and said he never dreamed he'd have to deal with something like this. But his department trained anyway.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote