SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2012, 16:52   #261
pgg00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I would shy away. Greg McGee engineering MC-G33 XM Limited in a ring on a Magpul scout mount. Entire thing is less than $100.
just ordered one. I'll see how it does

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 19:14   #262
CW Mock

Let us know. I'm waiting for payday, lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:09   #263
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
Let us know. I'm waiting for payday, lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I've had mine for over a month now on patrol. It is pretty badass. I wanted to pick up a new SF 6P but there is no real reason to with this. It is as bright as the new SL20 and brighter than my SL20 with a Terralux drop in.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:52   #264
igor

when iwas still working i carried a colt sp1 20 in barrel feull stock. it was my own weapon. right before i retired i switched to a bushmaster m4 type.
if i had to go back today it wouold be a colt i think its a 6920 and only with a sling and a light.
Old 07-16-2012, 20:46   #265
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor View Post
when iwas still working i carried a colt sp1 20 in barrel feull stock. it was my own weapon. right before i retired i switched to a bushmaster m4 type.
if i had to go back today it wouold be a colt i think its a 6920 and only with a sling and a light.
Old 07-16-2012, 21:36   #266
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
So what's the difference between the Colt SP6920 and LE6920? I might have a trade deal worked out on a SP6920.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:39   #267
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
So what's the difference between the Colt SP6920 and LE6920? I might have a trade deal worked out on a SP6920.
The roll mark is the only difference. Same gun.
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:52   #268
pgg00

the LE version has super secret squirrel stuff in it. The SP is for those lowly civilians

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.

Last edited by pgg00; 07-17-2012 at 01:53..
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:36   #269
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

No difference. Buy either one and enjoy. The last SP6920s that I saw were stamped "M4 Carbine", which may be a more desirable rollmark anyway.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 17:06   #270
CJStudent
Fenced In

Thanks, guys. Picked it up today; marked "Sporter" on one line, then "M4 Carbine" below. I'll post pics a little later.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-17-2012, 17:06   #271
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustate View Post
I'm with the Dept. of Corrections and work inside so no rifle obviously. But the outside enforcement vehicles and towers use the HK G36.
That's an odd choice for sure!

Quote:
Old 07-17-2012, 17:29   #272
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Bushmaster XM15 with basic magpul furniture ie B.A.D. lever, MOE handgrip, trigger guard, and AFG. Streamlight TLR-3 is doing me well so far; went thru approximately 2k rounds during quals/SRT quals, and the light hasn't budged a bit nor needed to be re-tightened.

I know most people aren't a huge fan of bushmaster, but she's done right by me and I have yet to experience any type of failure or malfunction out of her yet, and she has just shy of about 5k rounds thru her. I've been less than gentle with my rifle, but have always maintained it, and I think that's a major part of it.

Please excuse the low quality cell phone picture.

Cop Talk

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Old 07-17-2012, 18:46   #273
CW Mock

Colt 6720

Here it is, came in a few hours ago ...

It's already been modified from stock. It has the Magpul ASP plate and MS3 single/double point sling. I also threw on a Bravo Company Gunfighter Mod 1 grip, a 5 slot chunk of Magpul POE rail, a Surefire G2 in a Viking Tactics mount, and a Norgon Ambi-catch.

For what its worth ...

The Magpul rail is a pain in the ass to put on the handguards compared to the Midwest Industries stuff I have used on other handguards. I had to sandwich the nuts between the heat shields for a good fit, and use the MI nuts instead of the Magpul ones. Magpul says they should work on most - but Colt must not be "most." Fail for that thing on non-MOE stuff.

Norgon ambi-catch is a real no-go with the Magpul BAD lever. The BAD's arm is too damn close to the Norgon's release lever. Might try a Troy sometime and see how it works. $$$$ Needed. I dumped the BAD for now.

New Viking Tactics mounts seem cheesier than the one I got 4 years. Lot more flex in them, so we'll see how it holds up.

Surefire G2. It works okay, and will work for now until I get $$$ for more. Because of impending CALEA hilarity, our weapons options are being seriously limited. As of right now, it appears only Surefire and Streamlight lights are allowed. I'm not happy, and waiting to see how it shakes out. I am going to drop in an LED 200 lumen upgrade in the G2 ASAP.

Anyways ... the 6720 is LIGHT. I want to keep the rifle light, and its definitely a feather compared to my M4 and obviously an M14. Soon as I can, the Comp M2 that will go on it will be exchanged for a T1/H1 micro. That effing M2 is HEAVY compared to the new units. I am keeping it as light as possible with as little modifications or expensive addons as I can. It's set up the same as my other M4gery in case I need a spare, etc.

Rogers Super-Stock. It's like a CTR on a diet. Serious diet, and locks up TIGHT. The levers seem a hair more exposed, so we will see how they hold up. I'm not going to replace it right now with a CTR or MOE like I planned. It's light years better than the standard carbine stock they used to have!

MaTech BUIS. Seems a little flimsy, the whole "pry it up" to get it in action thing feels wrong. But it IS adjustable, light and fairly low profile. I'll run it until it breaks or I get bored/rich and get another Troy. At least it has the small aperture on it.

Here is a crappy cell phone picture for now.

Cop Talk

Hopefully Saturday I can get it zeroed. It's going to go straight to carbine instructor class on Monday to break in.

Last edited by CW Mock; 07-17-2012 at 18:47..
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 18:58   #274
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:

It's already been modified from stock. It has the Magpul ASP plate and MS3 single/double point sling. I also threw on a Bravo Company Gunfighter Mod 1 grip, a 5 slot chunk of Magpul POE rail, a Surefire G2 in a Viking Tactics mount, and a Norgon Ambi-catch.

For what its worth ...

The Magpul rail is a pain in the ass to put on the handguards compared to the Midwest Industries stuff I have used on other handguards. I had to sandwich the nuts between the heat shields for a good fit, and use the MI nuts instead of the Magpul ones. Magpul says they should've work on most - but Colt must not be "most." Fail for that thing on non-MOE stuff.

Norgon ambi-catch is a real no-go with the Magpul BAD lever. The BAD's arm is too damn close to the Norgon's release lever. Might try a Troy sometime and see how it works. $$$$ Needed. I dumped the BAD for now.

New Viking Tactics mounts seem cheesier than the one I got 4 years. Lot more flex in them, so we'll see how it holds up.

Surefire G2. It works okay, and will work for now until I get $$$ for more. Because of impending CALEA hilarity, our weapons options are being seriously limited. As of right now, it appears only Surefire and Streamlight lights are allowed. I'm not happy, and waiting to see how it shakes out. I am going to drop in an LED 200 lumen upgrade in the G2 ASAP.

Anyways ... the 6720 is LIGHT. I want to keep the rifle light, and its definitely a feather compared to my M4 and obviously an M14. Soon as I can, the Comp M2 that will go on it will be exchanged for a T1/H1 micro. That effing M2 is HEAVY compared to the new units. I am keeping it as light as possible with as little modifications or expensive addons as I can. It's set up the same as my other M4gery in case I need a spare, etc.

Rogers Super-Stock. It's like a CTR on a diet. Serious diet, and locks up TIGHT. The levers seem a hair more exposed, so we will see how they hold up. I'm not going to replace it right now with a CTR or MOE like I planned. It's light years better than the standard carbine stock they used to have!

MaTech BUIS. Seems a little flimsy, the whole "pry it up" to get it in action thing feels wrong. But it IS adjustable, light and fairly low profile. I'll run it until it breaks or I get bored/rich and get another Troy. At least it has the small aperture on it.

Cop Talk

Hopefully Saturday I can get it zeroed. It's going to go straight to carbine instructor class on Monday to break in.

I like it. CALEA??? CSP?????

Abandon hope, all ye who enter.

If they restrict you to SF and SL lights then look at this guy.

http://www.surefire.com/6px-a-bk.html

And call SF directly for LE pricing. You can sell the G2 for as much as the new one would cost direct from SF. Throw it up on www.ar-15.co in the marketplace and someone will snag it. I just sold my MS2 in a day.
Old 07-17-2012, 19:03   #275
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

I really like the looks of the Rogers Stock. I'd like to try one out, although I REALLY want a Magpul UBR.

Old 07-17-2012, 19:05   #276
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
I really like the looks of the Rogers Stock. I'd like to try one out, although I REALLY want a Magpul UBR.
Damn dude.

I was just thinking about adding one to my cart.
Old 07-17-2012, 19:06   #277
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Damn dude.

I was just thinking about adding one to my cart.
I've passed up a chance to pick one up for $200. If I was offered that price today, I would probably buy.

Old 07-17-2012, 19:15   #278
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
I've passed up a chance to pick one up for $200. If I was offered that price today, I would probably buy.
Email Ian at shadez of gray tactical.

He is a local to me LEO and his Magpul pricing is obscene. It'll probably be close!
Old 07-17-2012, 19:36   #279
AZL

My Cruiser Pals...Now...my Truck Companions.

Last edited by AZL; 08-16-2012 at 18:27..
AZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 20:06   #280
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:

For what its worth ...

The Magpul rail is a pain in the ass to put on the handguards compared to the Midwest Industries stuff I have used on other handguards. I had to sandwich the nuts between the heat shields for a good fit, and use the MI nuts instead of the Magpul ones. Magpul says they should work on most - but Colt must not be "most." Fail for that thing on non-MOE stuff.

Cop Talk

Be careful with that ASAP. I had it for a while and it would hit my hk hook weird and drop the rifle when slung.

Also look at magpul handguards, they are cheap and make mounting things much easier. Impact weapons make a ton of stuff to attach to the moe guards.

The new g2x puts out over 200 lumens and is an awesome light. Are you using an older model?

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong