GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 22:41   #241
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,822
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
I would try to hunt down one of the Magpul equipped 6920s...I think they're something like SP6920MP. I'll look later if you don't find one in the meantime. Includes the MOE handguards, a couple of PMAGs, and MBUS rear sight. Otherwise, Colt carry handles are usually worth about $75, double heat shielded Colt handguards are worth $20-$25, and the two twenty round aluminum mags that come with a standard 6920 are good to have around.
http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/COLE6920MP-B.aspx
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 13:01   #242
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
$1045 LE price in black of FDE.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 23:36   #243
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud
 
SCSU74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
$1045 LE price in black of FDE.
If you email them they usually give better prices than website for Leo's. Great guys at dsg cant recommend them enough


Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong
__________________
In Valor There is Hope
SCSU74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:25   #244
lndshark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NOT the PNW (yet)
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Indshark, FWIW, that build is rock solid. Perfect kiss setup for patrol. Has everything you are considering.

MOE grip, handguard, and stock. BAD, AFG2, TLR in a scout and an MS2 sling.

I love this gun with a carry handle sight only. I have thought about putting a XPS and mag on it with a FDE MBUS but I just love its simplicity.
That's a great rifle, Cochese. That's the wife's gun, isn't it? Looks great in FDE! Already found and bought the $9 light mount...and I don't even have the rifle yet!
__________________
Small town Popo
lndshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:26   #245
lndshark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NOT the PNW (yet)
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
$1045 LE price in black of FDE.
Thanks for the link you two! That's a great price for a long gun that's ready to roll. All I'd need is a sling, really.

The only thing I'd change is the VFG for the VFG2.
__________________
Small town Popo
lndshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:29   #246
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,336


Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
That's a great rifle, Cochese. That's the wife's gun, isn't it? Looks great in FDE! Already found and bought the $9 light mount...and I don't even have the rifle yet!
Yeah, that is her old patrol rifle. She doesn't work the street anymore now so it is her fun gun. It also serves a HD role and training when my gun is down.

If I could spec a gun from Colt for patrol right now it would be a SP/LE 6720 MP.

Basically a lightweight barreled MagPul dressed Colt.

Run it on a carry handle and call it a day. Perfect!
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:33   #247
lndshark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NOT the PNW (yet)
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
Otherwise, Colt carry handles are usually worth about $75, double heat shielded Colt handguards are worth $20-$25, and the two twenty round aluminum mags that come with a standard 6920 are good to have around.
Brad, are you suggesting that I off the stock carry handle and hand guards (assuming I get an SP6920)? There is a market for that take-off stuff?
__________________
Small town Popo
lndshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 19:34   #248
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Yeah, that is her old patrol rifle. She doesn't work the street anymore now so it is her fun gun. It also serves a HD role and training when my gun is down.

If I could spec a gun from Colt for patrol right now it would be a SP/LE 6720 MP.

Basically a lightweight barreled MagPul dressed Colt.

Run it on a carry handle and call it a day. Perfect!
6720 is a sweet gun. Would love to have one. Pencil barrels FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
Brad, are you suggesting that I off the stock carry handle and hand guards (assuming I get an SP6920)? There is a market for that take-off stuff?
There is absolutely a market for take-off parts for a couple reasons:

1) Home Builds
2) Replacing Take-Offs You Already Sold
3) Making your gun "as good as a Colt."

M4Carbine.net has a pretty good EE and those prices were valid the last time I was active on there (which has been a while). Since Colt makes among the most squared away rifles, so they make among the most squared away components. Folks will pay for them.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 19:38   #249
mntrpr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Cop Talk
I H8 u
mntrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 23:09   #250
Spydermonkey
in ur rearview
 
Spydermonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,513


I have the same MP scout mount but use a 6P w/led head. I have a spare TLR-1 that I want to use like this but I'm paranoid that the light will get switched on inside the LAPG soft case I use. I don't wanna end up with dead batts or a melted case. Have you had any problems with it turning on while being banged around in the trunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I have that exact config except on a 6721 and in FDE.

Light mount, do a Magpul scout mount. They are like $9. And they work great!

Cop Talk
__________________
"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
-George A. Romero
Spydermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 23:46   #251
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,336


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
6720 is a sweet gun. Would love to have one. Pencil barrels FTW.



There is absolutely a market for take-off parts for a couple reasons:

1) Home Builds
2) Replacing Take-Offs You Already Sold
3) Making your gun "as good as a Colt."

M4Carbine.net has a pretty good EE and those prices were valid the last time I was active on there (which has been a while). Since Colt makes among the most squared away rifles, so they make among the most squared away components. Folks will pay for them.
I love pencil barrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntrpr View Post
I H8 u
1911 > SBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydermonkey View Post
I have the same MP scout mount but use a 6P w/led head. I have a spare TLR-1 that I want to use like this but I'm paranoid that the light will get switched on inside the LAPG soft case I use. I don't wanna end up with dead batts or a melted case. Have you had any problems with it turning on while being banged around in the trunk?
This gun isn't cased and in a trunk but I ran one in a Galati XT with no issues on a 9 o'clock mount.

My X300 has never turned on to my knowledge in the case.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."

Last edited by Cochese; 07-08-2012 at 23:47..
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:49   #252
ustate
NRA Member
 
ustate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 995
I'm with the Dept. of Corrections and work inside so no rifle obviously. But the outside enforcement vehicles and towers use the HK G36.
__________________
Some people are like a Slinky .. not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
ustate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 00:42   #253
CW Mock
Senior Member
 
CW Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,869
I am very close to scoring a Colt 6720. Probably go pretty minimal on it in order to keep weight down. My current M4gery is around 8.25 lbs with all it's junk, and unloaded. I went back to regular M4 handguards and lost some weight ... But not enough to make me happy.

I'm going on a patrol rifle diet so to speak. Also going to give the Magpul ASP and sling a shot. Want an aimpoint micro later on.

After 2 years of coveting ... Almost there!


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 00:50   #254
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,336


Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
I am very close to scoring a Colt 6720. Probably go pretty minimal on it in order to keep weight down. My current M4gery is around 8.25 lbs with all it's junk, and unloaded. I went back to regular M4 handguards and lost some weight ... But not enough to make me happy.

I'm going on a patrol rifle diet so to speak. Also going to give the Magpul ASP and sling a shot. Want an aimpoint micro later on.

After 2 years of coveting ... Almost there!


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
A man after my own heart. I can't wait to see it!
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 21:46   #255
CW Mock
Senior Member
 
CW Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,869
Colt 6720 ordered, plus a few odds and ends from Bravo Company USA. Pics as soon as it gets in and is put together.

Looked at a friends Aimpoint Micro. Makes my Comp M2 look and feel like a bloated pig, lol ...

Anyone have/use a Surefire M500LT dedicated forend? Other than the super high price, 700 lumens appeals to me, working some real BFE areas. Just want some serious feedback before I even contemplate a light that costs 2/3rds of a rifle.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 21:51   #256
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,336


Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
Colt 6720 ordered, plus a few odds and ends from Bravo Company USA. Pics as soon as it gets in and is put together.

Looked at a friends Aimpoint Micro. Makes my Comp M2 look and feel like a bloated pig, lol ...

Anyone have/use a Surefire M500LT dedicated forend? Other than the super high price, 700 lumens appeals to me, working some real BFE areas. Just want some serious feedback before I even contemplate a light that costs 2/3rds of a rifle.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I would shy away. Greg McGee engineering MC-G33 XM Limited in a ring on a Magpul scout mount. Entire thing is less than $100.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 23:44   #257
CW Mock
Senior Member
 
CW Mock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,869
Holy crap ... That thing looks like it can liquefy eyeballs. I dig it.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 00:41   #258
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,336


Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
Holy crap ... That thing looks like it can liquefy eyeballs. I dig it.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
It's my patrol belt light at the moment. Bright as eff. ONLY downside is it gets HOT after extended runs on high.

Here it is in a IWC mount. I think these mounts are $40 or so. The light can be had from Greg for $60-65 without the charging kit.

This is my buddy Jer's gun.

Cop Talk
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 18:35   #259
lndshark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NOT the PNW (yet)
Posts: 711
I too am considering a 6720. I can't find a 6920 in stock but the pencil barrels seem to be a bit more prevalent.

Cochese, I'm going to look into that Greg McGee light. It fits in a V70 holster, yes?
__________________
Small town Popo
lndshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 18:49   #260
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,336


Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
I too am considering a 6720. I can't find a 6920 in stock but the pencil barrels seem to be a bit more prevalent.

Cochese, I'm going to look into that Greg McGee light. It fits in a V70 holster, yes?
The MC-G33 does but its tight. A little fine grit sand paper loosens it up. The M3-2L does not fit.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 765
215 Members
550 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31