GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 11:36   #201
Bodyarmorguy
Senior Member
 
Bodyarmorguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
What's the ideal sling for a patrol rifle of the AR flavor? Wife wants Christmas ideas.
If your wife hasn't pulled the trigger on the MagPul Sling yet, check out the two point slings from Blue Force Gear, specifically the Vicker's padded one. Best sling going IMO.
__________________
"If you are ALWAYS ready....you never have to GET ready....."
Bodyarmorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:20   #202
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,275


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Anyone have a photo of a TLR-1 mounted at the 12 o'clock position?
I do at work. Standby for photos.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 15:39   #203
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,275


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Anyone have a photo of a TLR-1 mounted at the 12 o'clock position?
Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 16:14   #204
Ghost46
Member
 
Ghost46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In Your Attic
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
Very sweet! You have a pic of the entire rifle? What barrel length is on that?
Ghost46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 16:30   #205
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,275


A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost46 View Post
Very sweet! You have a pic of the entire rifle? What barrel length is on that?
I think it is posted a few pages back. Upper only. Waiting on a tax stamp. Its locked up in my PD until then. 7 inch Daniel Defense/Noveske Diplomat upper.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 16:35   #206
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,275


Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
I hate threads like this......


reminds me of how much money I don't have to spend....
Pics!!!!
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 17:09   #207
Ghost46
Member
 
Ghost46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In Your Attic
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
A

I think it is posted a few pages back. Upper only. Waiting on a tax stamp. Its locked up in my PD until then. 7 inch Daniel Defense/Noveske Diplomat upper.
Ahhh okay I missed that.

Post up some pics when complete please!
Ghost46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 17:18   #208
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North of Seattle, South of Canada
Posts: 11,428


Excellent, thanks! An blocking of the front sight post with the size of the TLR bezel?

I ask because I learned that no matter what I do, the X300 and my top rail (Troy XTREME) don't snugly mate. I'm not peachy about spending the money for another X when I have tried and confirmed that the TLR will lock in and be tight in place (with the screw tightened).
__________________
Neo-pagan, FORMER Libertarian, Cop, Gun Owner, Jewish Heritage - I'm the small talk at parties!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594

Last edited by Morris; 12-11-2011 at 17:20..
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 20:12   #209
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Excellent, thanks! An blocking of the front sight post with the size of the TLR bezel?

I ask because I learned that no matter what I do, the X300 and my top rail (Troy XTREME) don't snugly mate. I'm not peachy about spending the money for another X when I have tried and confirmed that the TLR will lock in and be tight in place (with the screw tightened).
I have an X300 at 12 o'clock on my gun, but at least two of the guys in the rifle class I taught this spring had TLR-1s in the same configuration. I think one had theirs with the DD front sight and the other had one with a standard FSB. There was also a guy with a TLR-3. All of the lights worked fine with like that, IMO. I believe all of the TLR series were just a bit higher, and maybe even visible inside of the dog ears, but were not an issue with the sight post itself.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:37   #210
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,275


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
I have an X300 at 12 o'clock on my gun, but at least two of the guys in the rifle class I taught this spring had TLR-1s in the same configuration. I think one had theirs with the DD front sight and the other had one with a standard FSB. There was also a guy with a TLR-3. All of the lights worked fine with like that, IMO. I believe all of the TLR series were just a bit higher, and maybe even visible inside of the dog ears, but were not an issue with the sight post itself.
Correct.

I have both the X and TLR setup at 12 and the TLR clears a DD FS and a MBUS.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 15:47   #211
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North of Seattle, South of Canada
Posts: 11,428


Excellent, thanks! After some barricade shooting, I came to really enjoy the 12 o'clock for the patrol rifle.
__________________
Neo-pagan, FORMER Libertarian, Cop, Gun Owner, Jewish Heritage - I'm the small talk at parties!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:42   #212
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,603
Wifey got me a pretty decent sling for Tinkerbell this Christmas.
Cop Talk

Of course I had to go out yesterday to the local Tactical Ninja LOL store and buy a "BlackFail" single-point attachment which actually cost more than the sling itself but I digress...
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:14   #213
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
Wifey got me a pretty decent sling for Tinkerbell this Christmas.
Cop Talk

Of course I had to go out yesterday to the local Tactical Ninja LOL store and buy a "BlackFail" single-point attachment which actually cost more than the sling itself but I digress...
After six years of begging, tomorrow my PT agency is putting on a patrol rifle class for us. We are supposedly going to do it all in ten hours. We will see. Wish me luck!
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49   #214
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,742
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
After six years of begging, tomorrow my PT agency is putting on a patrol rifle class for us. We are supposedly going to do it all in ten hours. We will see. Wish me luck!
Good luck, man! Have fun with it!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:38   #215
Charlie Fox
Senior Member
 
Charlie Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: MV,WA,USA
Posts: 541
I recently spoke with a deputy in rural Montana. His long gun was a Springfield M1A SOCOM with some type of reflex site (I didn't get a good look). He said that he wanted the reach because everyone he dealt with had rifles and he wanted to be able to punch through cars. He also said (jokingly?) it came in handy during elk season.
__________________
Bladerunner #12
Wheelhouse #42

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
Charlie Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:49   #216
RetailNinja
Senior Member
 
RetailNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tuktoyaktuk
Posts: 1,420
Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Fox View Post
I recently spoke with a deputy in rural Montana. His long gun was a Springfield M1A SOCOM with some type of reflex site (I didn't get a good look). He said that he wanted the reach because everyone he dealt with had rifles and he wanted to be able to punch through cars. He also said (jokingly?) it came in handy during elk season.
If I lived and worked in a BFE place like that, I'd want at least a 308 too. Unfortunately I live in "too flat for 308" BFE so 5.56 it is.
__________________
Conservatism is a cardiac disorder - Brietbart
Liberalism is a mental disorder - Savage
RetailNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19   #217
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,603
Question, and maybe this is better asked of my instructor tomorrow:

I have a knock-off holo-sight on my rifle that I got as a gift or something. It's a pretty nice sight, but it's not something I'd say is battle worthy. Should I remove it and go bare-sights to the training?
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 13:34   #218
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
Question, and maybe this is better asked of my instructor tomorrow:

I have a knock-off holo-sight on my rifle that I got as a gift or something. It's a pretty nice sight, but it's not something I'd say is battle worthy. Should I remove it and go bare-sights to the training?
If you're not going to carry it on the rifle (which it sounds like you aren't), then leave it off.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 13:54   #219
oldman11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
I hate 'em because it reminds me I live in CA and our chief won't sign leeterhead because Govenor Moonbeam wrote an opinion on his last day in office as AG saying officers have to turn in their weapons when they retire but never said anything about being compensated.
California is becoming more and more a dictator state. Keep the peasants unarmed.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:19   #220
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North of Seattle, South of Canada
Posts: 11,428


Or, watch the sight commit suicide during a string . . . Teach you the whole "transition to irons" thing.
__________________
Neo-pagan, FORMER Libertarian, Cop, Gun Owner, Jewish Heritage - I'm the small talk at parties!

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:22.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,116
320 Members
796 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42