Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-07-2011, 23:34   #21
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyscott69 View Post
They make very good stuff. I think that is just voodoo marketing. I wasn't directing my smileys at Jtmac. Just the concept they are hawking.
Any word on that shark?
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 23:37   #22
Shadyscott69
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Any word on that shark?
It is supposed to be here this week. Haven't seen it yet though. I will e-mail you a pic when I get it.
Shadyscott69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 00:41   #23
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

Two I like and have are Don Hume and one from "The Beltman". The Don Hume is good, around $50 the Beltman is great, around $80. The Don Hume is worth $50 but the Beltman is worth more than its price, very good quality and wears very well.

Both leather, Don Hume is cow hide and the Beltman is bull hide.

Last edited by DWARREN123; 07-08-2011 at 00:42..
DWARREN123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 00:43   #24
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
This ^^^ as most all Cops sites have everything you'll ever need to CCW comfortably.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:01   #25
SVTNate
Chargers fan

I have.... six Beltman belts? Four? Anyway, I first got my CCW in 2006 or 2007 and have worn a Beltman belt daily since that time. I sent them all back about a year or so ago and had them shortened/re-punched due to weight loss. I wear 'em with or without a gun, golfing, with a suit, literally every day as I own no other belts. No need IMO.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:04   #26
arodgers

Worn my beltman belt daily for 5 years in everything from cargo shorts to a suit. Still looks great and carries like it was new.
arodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:16   #27
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

If your belts are "falling apart after a month or two"... your not buying gun belts. It's just that simple.

I can give you a lot of opinions, but you really need to post your budget. You can spend anywhere from $50, up to well over 150+ for a high quality belt.

In order for me though, from "Cheapest to Most expensive".....

Wilderness Instructor -- 1.5in, 5stitch. Great belt. The velcro can be totally worn out, and the belt will still hold tight, if you use the buckle correctly. Velcro on mine is pretty well shot (cuz I use it while camping/fishing, and it's gotten wet, a lot).

Aker B21 -- 1.5in leather, w/ a polymer insert for support. Great belt at a really good price. http://www.galls.com has them for $45. This GT'er was an Aker Dealer (you can try PMing him and asking if he still is)... He used to deal in the classifies a lot.... A GT'er whom I trust got a holster through him and was happy w/ the transaction.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=57398

A thread... http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1057049

Best -- Easy, Beltman. Awesome belt. Use it and love it.. You'll never need another one. I've never personally used a Comp-Tac belt, but having seen them, I would put them in this category as well.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:14   #28
sappy13

iv got a wilderness and i love it. i really want a beltman at some point thou, since my wilderness doesnt exactly go great with any type of business attire.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:17   #29
dreis454

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwine View Post
Look no further than here>>> http://www.thebeltman.net/
this
Colt stainless Commander XSE w/VZ grips
S&W M&P Shield 9mm carry
Lee Enfield mkIV no2 .303 British/Remy 870
dreis454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:37   #30
woodasptim

I've been wearing my beltman belt every day for about 3 years now. It still looks great.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:21   #31
RMD

Quote:
Beltman for nice, Wilderness for casual. Been using a Wilderness 5-stitch for 6 years now and it's still in great condition.
This.
RMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:31   #32
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

CompTac
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=43
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:55   #33
LToled

Good belts are investments

A proper belt makes a huge difference. Think of it this way. If you buy a good gun belt for $80. It will easily last 10 years. That's $8 a year. If you are replacing an off the rack belt every 2 years, that adds up fast. $80 for a great gun belt that lasts for over a decade is cheaper in the long run. My oldest belt is a horsehide Kramer. I bought it in 1993. I still wear it and I know it holds up any gun I have. I'd say I got my money's worth out of it and then some.

I've got belts from Alessi, Kramer, Wilson/Rafters, Beltman, Wilderness and A&G. There are differences between belts. Some are better finished than others. Some are thicker than others. Some have a curve and some are straight. The way each maker measures fit can be different.

Take for example, Beltman and A&G. I like them because they have a "Quick Ship", which is fantastic. Beltman has a curve whereas A&G is straight. Both are finished pretty close but IMHO, A&G has the slight edge. Both are rigid enough to hold a 1911 and 2 mag pouches easily. Beltman only offers the Quick Ship in Black. A&G offers Black, Dark Brown and Light Brown. You can't go wrong with either of these two fine makers.
LToled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:14   #34
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Also, I'd recommend getting a 1 1/2" width over the 1 3/4". The first Wilderness belt I got (the one that's 6 years old) is a 1 3/4", and while it's a fantastic belt, there are some belt loops that it's just a hair too wide for. When I ordered my Milt Sparks dual mag pouch for christmas last year I opted for 1 1/2" loops, along with new 1 1/2" loops for my 5 year old VM2, and a new Wilderness 5-stitch 1 1/2" belt. It really has opened up my legwear options, just by being able to work with the very slightly narrower belt.
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:54   #35
dkf

I've got a Wilderness CSM lined aluminum ring belt. Best belt I ever owned. I'm picking up another one but in 1.5" to keep as a spare. I really like the Wilderness OD color.

Last edited by dkf; 07-08-2011 at 11:55..
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:04   #36
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

Quote:
Also, I'd recommend getting a 1 1/2" width over the 1 3/4". The first Wilderness belt I got (the one that's 6 years old) is a 1 3/4", and while it's a fantastic belt, there are some belt loops that it's just a hair too wide for.
Good point. Both my holsters for OWB carry, a Galco Cop Series, and a Desantis Facilitator both have 1.75" belt slots, but by the time you spread the belt slots wide enough for my thick CompTac belt, the belt slots measure just a pinch over 1.5", and fit nice and tight on the belt.
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 13:01   #37
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Good belts don't fall apart. First, you need an actual gunbelt, not a stiff regular belt. A proper gunbelt does not have to be worn too tight to keep the gun stable. The wilderness 5 stitch is excellent, durable, and reasonably priced, and has a secure locking mechanism. Galco, Bianchi, and Looper also make good gunbelts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf19r View Post
I'm looking for a good belt for ccw. I know this has been covered a million plus times but I have never found a good belt that did not fall apart after a month or two. Secondly I would like it to have a good secure locking mechanism as the d ring web belts tend to loosen up when I wear them. The third issue is I have no butt. Yes laugh out loud now!
Old 07-09-2011, 14:48   #38
wolf19r
Problem Solved!

Send a message via AIM to wolf19r
Thanks for the all the advice. Mike
Old 07-09-2011, 15:23   #39
G17gen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwine View Post
Look no further than here>>> http://www.thebeltman.net/
This is your answer
G17gen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 18:14   #40
mgentry

Check out Ares Gear - Rave recommends them.
mgentry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belt, carry, ccw