SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-02-2011, 13:17   #21
docbrazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
Nothing should be touching the frame. The spring guide mates to the barrel's lower lug.
For some reason my FLGR mates with the frame. I just peered into the ejection port and it looks like the FLGR is flush and supported by the frame. I also just put together my gun with just the slide stop holding the barrel in place. When I slide in the FLGR to see the fitting, the FLGR never comes into contact with the barrel's lower lug, even when I move the barrel around.

Are STI's made different or is the GI guide rod supposed to act differently? My STI has a ramped barrel, perhaps that is why it is acting different? It doesn't seem like the guide rod is ever supposed to contact the lower lug.
docbrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 14:13   #22
knedrgr

I'll clarify. I do my assembly method similar to how Hilton Yam shows here:
http://www.10-8performance.com/pages...27s-Guide.html

When assembling, the guide rod mates to the bottom of the barrel's lower lug. And when the slide is on the frame, and fully assemble w/ the slide stop, it will mate to both the barrel's lower lug and the cut out on the frame and dust cover area.

When cycling, the guide stays in place on the frame, and will ride along the bottom of the barrel.
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 14:43   #23
Ruggles

My Lawman came with STI Recoilmaster guide rod. I took that out and put in a GI set up. Not sure how the Recoilmaster would have performed but I prefer the GI set up
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 00:44   #24
docbrazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
I'll clarify. I do my assembly method similar to how Hilton Yam shows here:
[url]http://www.10-8performance.com/pages/1911-User%27s-Guide.html[/url]

When assembling, the guide rod mates to the bottom of the barrel's lower lug. And when the slide is on the frame, and fully assemble w/ the slide stop, it will mate to both the barrel's lower lug and the cut out on the frame and dust cover area.

When cycling, the guide stays in place on the frame, and will ride along the bottom of the barrel.
There is much for me to learn. Thank you.
docbrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 00:54   #25
woodrowNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrazen View Post
There is much for me to learn. Thank you.
seems like a lot now, but it's not that bad. there's alot of knowledge here. simple things like taking the slide off, putting the barrel in place with the slidestop inserted and working the barrel in and out of battery shows you alot. helps you to understand whats going on that you can't see.
woodrowNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1911, flgr, gi plug, sti lawman