Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-19-2011, 18:19   #1
BK94

Private to FFL

Do all FFL accept pistols from private persons? I was asked if my dealer accepted from non ffl persons and I dont know, i will call tomorrow but thought you all might know.
NRA Life Member
BK94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:54   #2
drc767
Navy CSAR

It is up to the individual FFL holder. There is nothing illegal that prevents it, but some don't do it because they have no verification of where the pistol came from. Those of us that do accept them from private parties, generally require a copy of their state issued DL so we have a name and address to put in our Acquisition Log. It is best to check with your FFL so you don't end up paying shipping twice if it rejected and returned to the seller.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
drc767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:08   #3
mj9mm

ALWAYS make arrangements beforehand
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03   #4
jeeper038

In my experience, most do not accept from private individuals. I had one place that would but they went out of business so I need to find a new one for my next purchase.
jeeper038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:00   #5
LIRight

In my area, Long Island, NY, aside from an FFL the two major police jurisdictions here require a separate or addendum to the license in order for pistols to be transacted by a stocking FFL dealer.

Typically, dealers agreeing to receive or send a pistol through UPS will charge anywhere from $50 to $150.
LIRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:51   #6
184SFS

I have a FFL and I accept from private individual only after I speak to them and advise them that they must include a copy of the Driver's License with the shipment. I also deal with other FFL's that refuse to accept from non-FFL's. Just check before you do anything.