SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 22:57   #1
CamHollowPoint1988
Gun Lover

How can i make my glock 17 gen 3 better?????

So we all know that Glocks are Great right out of the Box Accuracy and The Feeding of Rounds Everytime and Ejecting of Casings Everytime without a Jam. Well that is what i have experienced and have heard from many many others. So anyway I recently Ordered a Replacement Stainless Steel Barrel from Storm Lake i just ordered the Same Type of Barrel the Glock Came with same everything including the same Barrel Length of 4..49Inch Barrel only now it is in Beautiful Stainless Steel Very Sexy. The only other difference is that this new Replacement Storm Lake Barrel uses Conventional Rifling rather than the Glocks Right Hand Hexagonal I don't know if the Factory Barrel is More Accurate than this New Storm Lake Barrel or not. Folks keep telling me yeah this Storm Lake Barrel will indeed make my Glock 17 More Accurate due to tighter barrel lock up is what one said and not just because the Storm Lake Barrel Rifling is Better and Most Said no there won't be a Reduction in Reliability to Feed a round and Eject a Case every time even with the tighter Barrel Lock up of the Storm Lake Barrel I would like to Hear from You Guys????????

Also what would be The Best Stainless Steel Guide Rod and Spring That would Reduce Recoil and Increase Accuracy????????

I won't Be Shooting Lead Rounds or Reloads through it with this aftermarket barrel even though that is a added benefit. Maybe now i have a reason to buy some reloading equipment now and make my own reloads that is pretty sweet.

Also any suggestions on upgrades that will make this gun Better I love This Gun and Right now i am ok with that Factory 5lb Trigger it is really safe considering a lighter trigger could more easily go offf accidently in a situation.

Last edited by CamHollowPoint1988; 06-16-2011 at 00:58.. Reason: incorrect words
Old 06-15-2011, 23:43   #2
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Personally my feelings are the stock Glock barrel will be more accurate and reliable than any after market barrel for the average shooter. The only reason I would change is if i went back to shooting lead out of my G34. I've owned LWD, SL and KKM barrels for Glocks. I like stock with factory ammo and my FMJ reloads.
The Stainless Steel Guide Rod and Spring debate is argumentative. I prefer stock and change it out every 3K in my carry guns and 5K in my competition G34. A guide rod is just that guides the spring... no increase in accuracy is obtained by going to one.
Spend your money on a good set of steel aftermarket sights and training ammo or better yet reloading equipment.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 06-15-2011 at 23:45..
Old 06-15-2011, 23:46   #3
fredj338

I feel most aftermarket bbls are going to be just a bit more accurate than the stock one. Will it matter? Depends on how well you shoot. The generous dimensions of the GLock bbls are why they run just about any kind of ammo. Going to a "tighter" bbl could affect reliability, just depends on the bbl.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
Old 06-16-2011, 00:13   #4
Ak.Hiker

The only thing I would consider adding to my Glocks are nite sights and a rubber grip sleeve.
Old 06-16-2011, 14:07   #5
Glolt20-91

I don't see anything wrong with a stock G17. I replaced the factory sights with a tritium XS system after sheering off the stock back sight during a boot drill.

Bob

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final - Bill Jordan
Old 06-16-2011, 19:51   #6
vafish

You want to make your Glock more accurate practice more.
educate children." -- Confucius
Old 06-16-2011, 21:39   #7
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post

Ditto. And do not be afraid to ask for pointers or critique.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:18   #8
swinokur

Better? Buy more ammo.
Old 06-17-2011, 19:22   #9
PghJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
Before I opened this thread, I bet my wife this would be in it. After all, you cannot do better than those German engineers working for Gaston. (yea I know - Austrian)

What I would do:
Grip reduction from Robar and round that stupid trigger guard.
Storm lake/Lone Wolf/KKM/ or BarSto barrel
Night sights
Lasermax laser
Glockworks fulcrum adjustable trigger
3.5 connector
extended slide stop lever
As a final touch, I would get the slide hard chrome plated just to look cool.

Caliber Corner

Last edited by PghJim; 06-17-2011 at 19:27..

Closed Thread

Tags
custom, upgrade