SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-09-2011, 23:28   #1
PrecisionRifleman

Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe

GT,

I just ordered a cow hide SuperTuck from Crossbreed with J-Clips for my G30SF. I haven't had the opportunity to try the holster before purchase, and I am hoping some of you can share your experience carry this holster specifically with the G30(SF). Things that I am mostly interested in is how comfortable or uncomfortable it may be when driving and sitting. I'll be using this particular holster for CCW purposes so comfort when sitting seems to be an important consideration among other normal daily task that I haven't considered yet.

During my research for an IWB holster I noticed that the CompTac holster is very similiar to the Crossbreed. I liked both holsters, but I chose the Crossbreed because the leather was thinner which is an important consideration to me considering it will be carrying a G30SF which has a thick slide. No need to add bulk right? If anyone out there has carried this particular pistol with both holsters I'm interesting in your opinion between the two. Perhaps the thickness of the leather isn't even noticeable and the CompTac is more comfortable? ....

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 00:11   #2
BroncoAZ
Glockalfeliac

Don't they have a generous trial policy? Should be enough time to form an opinion. I've considered the Crossbreed for my PM9.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 00:49   #3
cole

Great rig IMO. Mine: Crossbreed SuperTuck: Customizations/Personalizations?

Carry Issues
- When I was strong they came for the weak but I did nothing. Now I am weak and they come for me.

Last edited by cole; 06-10-2011 at 00:50..
cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 00:51   #4
TSAX
USAF Vet

I think its like 2 weeks for the trial period

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:34   #5
PrecisionRifleman

I did hear that they have a trial period. Hopefully it will work out just fine. This is my first CCW type holster so I'm anxious to see how it works out.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:27   #6
cubbyjg

I have two cbst, and one is for a g30. they are great holsters and the g30 carries like a breeze. I found it to be extremely comfortable for all day use( sitting, driving, lounging, etc ). it will take a little time to break it in so wear it often as the instructions suggest. you made an excellent choice and I think you will be pleased
cubbyjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:47   #7
NWGlocker

I have one for my SP101 and it is awesome. I ordered one for my Glock 33 and it should be here in about 2-3 days. I can't wait.
TOP GUN 357SIG club member #187
NWGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:59   #8
RMD

I wear at 4:00 or so and it's not bad at all when driving. Fits in the hollow just right.

The 2 week trial is just about right. Took mine about 10-12 days of wearing before it conformed to my body the way I'd hoped it would.

I ordered the J-clips, too, but haven't used them yet.
RMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:32   #9
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

I drive quite a bit with my Mtac and is quite comfy-the crossbreed I'm sure will behave he same.
Try it between 3 and 4:30 and find where its hides best and is kinda comfy then it will take one to two weeks to find its home.
Remember to use a good belt.
I think you'll be very happy with it.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:08   #10
9mm +p+

I've got a CBST for my G21's and love it, it hides a big 45 like that very well. It should be great for a G30!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:19   #11
38wcf

I carry my 1911 and my Springfield XD Tactical in a Crossbreed ST. I can carry the XD all day and hardly even notice it. And it is a BIG pistol. Very comfortable when driving, walking around etc.
I highly reccomend it.
38wcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:41   #12
up1911fan

I've never used one, but considering how similar it is the the MTAC (which I really like), i'm sure it will work out really well for you.
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 13:16   #13
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

I use a crossbreed for my G30 which is basically the same gun, i also have mine stippled so i was worried about carrying it IWB. Even with the aggressive texture it is very comfortable to wear while sitting/driving. My advice would be to get some leather conditioner and apply it every month. I live in Tx and it gets real hot, the conditioner helps keep the leather in good shape. The other nice thing about this holster is you can wear it with just about anything with minimal printing. I often wear it with cargo shorts and a under armour shirt. Any other questions feel free to PM me!
Old 06-10-2011, 14:14   #14
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

I have a CBST for a 23.
I got all three types of hooks, with mine.
the Velcro hooks are great, but only work if the belt is lined w/ velcro.
The J-hooks tend to tear up thick belts.
I have settled on the snap hooks. They work well with different belts. I was initially worried that folks would wonder what I had on my belt. After months of wearing the CBST w/ snap hooks, I have not had 1 question about it, even tho I wear my shirt tucked in, much of the time.

I ordered horse hide w/o combat cut. I have since trimmed off one hole, that I was not using, off of the forward edge because it dug into my upper thigh and cut my own combat cut, to allow a better purchase, on the grip.

I am a lefty and wear it approx. 8:00 or 8:30.
Old 06-10-2011, 14:57   #15
Texcowboy

They do have a trial period, I did not like the feel of the leather and Kydex fit and sent an E Mail. I was advised to send it back which I did and they credited (minus a handling fee which was small) my credit card. Honest people to deal with.

NRA Life Member

G20SF, G29SF, G32 GEN 4, G33, G21SF RTF2, G30SF, G36, G19

Last edited by Texcowboy; 06-10-2011 at 14:57..
Texcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 16:56   #16
Jim S.

I have found the CBST to be most comfortable at 3:00 on my strongside hip.
I like a lot of forward cant so it tucks that big ol handle in to my side better so my 21 doesn't print.
On the hip it is comfortable driving or sitting or just about anything else.
It is also easiest to draw the weapon from.
Old 06-10-2011, 18:08   #17
glock2740
Gun lover.

I LOVE the CBST. I have them for Glock, 1911, XD and M&P. VERY comfortable and conceal very well. All mine are horsehide, as I sweat alot and it's warmer than than cold where I live. I wear one everyday.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 18:56   #18
NYCG26

I have a few of them and love them. I just wish they did away with the crosses on the clips.
NYCG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 19:18   #19
jayhuh

I looked at both the Crossbreed and Comp-Tac Minotaur. I ended up getting the Comp-Tac because they are a great company to deal with. They have great communication, letting you know the status of your order and when it ships, and I cannot recall having to wait more than 5 business days for any of the gear I've received from them over the years.

I got the slide version, with regular clips, for small frame Glocks so I could use it for my G26/19/17 and G35. I've used it a couple of times now. The longest was with a G26 for a drive up and back from So. CA to Flagstaff AZ (about 7 hours sitting in a Jeep each way).

Its very comfortable, but is a little harder to put on and take off than my Infidel. It also takes up a lot of real estate on the belt, like a Sparks Versa Max II. For those reasons, I'm sellng mine and sticking with the Infidel. It does have more adjustability than regular IWBs, but I don't really need that feature.
Old 06-10-2011, 19:26   #20
Captains1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuh View Post
I looked at both the Crossbreed and Comp-Tac Minotaur. I ended up getting the Comp-Tac because they are a great company to deal with. They have great communication, letting you know the status of your order and when it ships, and I cannot recall having to wait more than 5 business days for any of the gear I've received from them over the years.

I got the slide version, with regular clips, for small frame Glocks so I could use it for my G26/19/17 and G35. I've used it a couple of times now. The longest was with a G26 for a drive up and back from So. CA to Flagstaff AZ (about 7 hours sitting in a Jeep each way).

Its very comfortable, but is a little harder to put on and take off than my Infidel. It also takes up a lot of real estate on the belt, like a Sparks Versa Max II. For those reasons, I'm sellng mine and sticking with the Infidel. It does have more adjustability than regular IWBs, but I don't really need that feature.
Comparing the Infidel to the MTAC is apples to oranges. The ONLY thing better about the Infidel is it's a little easier to take on and off. If you're carrying all day this shouldn't matter.
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote