Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-14-2011, 21:39   #81
friej

[QUOTE=

ONE SINGLE FAILURE is sufficient for me to put it on the market and look elsewhere for the handgun that I am going to depend on in life/death situations and that will reflect on the rest of the Glock line I am afraid (if only in the back of my mind). I have enough worries without having to worry about my Glock going bang when I pull the trigger.

OMG! Are you for real???
friej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 21:59   #82
mj9mm

Got more than 500 rounds through my 30sf with one or two ftrtb's in the first mag or two before i completed a trade for it (winchester white box?). the remainder of that outing and since then i've had zero problems. previous owner said he had many problems with the gun, though i was the first person to clean the gun, after my first range trip. for mine it seems to have been a combination of break-in and normal cleaning. perfect since then.
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:37   #83
Torontogunguy

Don't know if I have posted this before, but I have a Glock 30 and it works great. Never have had any issue of any sort with it whatsoever.

Just received a Glock 30SF from a LEO who has used it and has never had an issue with it according to him but I will get it to a range at some point and run a few hundred rounds through it to see what I can see. It has the -1- piece in it.

I am astounded that Glock is not all over you getting the issue fixed to be honest as their MAIN claim to fame is reliability and as soon as that reliability reputation dries up their market share will drop... market share not only worth big bucks from the sales, but market share that will take millions of dollars to rebuild as confidence is the most difficult part to rebuild.

I can state for a fact that if this Glock 30SF I have just purchased has issues, it will ergo suggest that ALL of my Glocks, present and in future, may have issues and I will look at Glocks in a different light completely.

Again, I find it difficult to believe that Glock would not be falling over their own feet getting your issue resolved, up to and including a total recall of all G30SF's as a show of interest and good faith to those that place their lives on the line using Glocks.

It seems to me that without the reliability factor, Glock falls from grace and becomes just a plastic gun with few parts and no claim to fame?

I also have a number of other carries including a couple of Sig compacts (1911 compact with rail and Sig C3) and while heavier than the Glock and fussier (more controls to fiddle) they are tight, reliable and dead accurate and I love them to bits but keep coming back to my Glocks due to reliability. Glock accuracy is sufficient and they are easy to work on, etc., but that flies out the window with the first lemon produced.
There's no such thing as too much training or too much practice....

Last edited by Torontogunguy; 09-15-2011 at 08:40..
Torontogunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 16:21   #84
540mope

I just bought a 30SF today. Upon inspection i saw that it has the -1- trigger bar. Whether or not it has the bar was not the deciding factor. I wanted one to replace the 21SF that i foolishly sold to a coworker.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't have any hiccups. If it's anything like my other Glocks, it will operate flawlessly. I'll know by next week.

BTW it is new, and it was test fired in June

Last edited by 540mope; 09-22-2011 at 04:29..
540mope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 19:37   #85
DaBurna

I have a G30SF with the "-1-" trigger bar... No FTE, FTR, RTB issues.. Nothing..... Born date Jan '10.... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.. and it was lightly used when i bought it!
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 20:34   #86
Twoglocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
I had the same problem with my g32. I don't know if your problem has the same cause obviously but here is what I found.

The mags have metal interiors that you can see looking down on them. Slightly in front of that is plastic again where the round pops up. The plastic was interfering with the rise of the round. I trimmed that plastic back with a razor ever so slightly and know it feeds perfertly. Went from 5 or so jams per may to 0.

I was able to even test the results by slowly hand cycling the gun. It would jam constantly prior to the modification. Now I can cycle it at any speed without problem.

Don't know if this will help you but its at least worth a shot. If it cycles fine without the mod I would think tight recoil spring.
Had same problem on my G36 magazine. I trimmed the plastic and filled it up with JB Weld
Twoglocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 14:13   #87
Atomichoe094

Bumping this thread up to the top... Just bought a glock 30sf and will be getting it wednesday. Ill be coming back to this thread with a range report. I bought this 30sf brand new straight from a dealer. Ill be using the cheap Winchester white box 230grain ammo on wednesday as well. Ill also report if i have the -1- trigger and we will go from there Ill also be praying it shoots good haha
Old 10-09-2011, 18:41   #88
540mope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomichoe094 View Post
Bumping this thread up to the top... Just bought a glock 30sf and will be getting it wednesday. Ill be coming back to this thread with a range report. I bought this 30sf brand new straight from a dealer. Ill be using the cheap Winchester white box 230grain ammo on wednesday as well. Ill also report if i have the -1- trigger and we will go from there Ill also be praying it shoots good haha
I used the exact same ammo on Saturday in the brand new 30 SF for the first time out. no problems to report.
540mope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 19:14   #89
SmokinJoe

Now ya'll have me worried. I will be buying me a new 30/30sf next month.
Hopefully it won't be riddled with issues.

Smokinjoe

Last edited by SmokinJoe; 10-09-2011 at 20:12..
SmokinJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39   #90
Cap'n

I've got a new 30SF -- test fire date of June 2011. It has the -1- trigger bar; front and rear rails are different heights from the polymer frame (rear rails lower).

So far have (only) 156 trouble-free rounds throught it. Surprisingly accurate -- best 5-round group at 10 yards benchrested = 3/4" with only two slightly enlarged holes! Overall my shooting was more often slightly less than 1.5" (rested) with some break-in Independence 230-grain FMJ ammo.

Am looking forward to more range time with this pistol.
Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48   #91
Torontogunguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n View Post
I've got a new 30SF -- test fire date of June 2011. It has the -1- trigger bar; front and rear rails are different heights from the polymer frame (rear rails lower).

So far have (only) 156 trouble-free rounds throught it. Surprisingly accurate -- best 5-round group at 10 yards benchrested = 3/4" with only two slightly enlarged holes! Overall my shooting was more often slightly less than 1.5" (rested) with some break-in Independence 230-grain FMJ ammo.

Am looking forward to more range time with this pistol.
This is the kind of information that we need on here in order to settle the Glock 30SF as a "bet your life" firearm. My Glock 30 has never had an issue to date with many hundreds of rounds through it using different Glock magazines (a variety of them). My Glock 30SF has arrived and I am trying to decide if it actually fits my hand any better - thus far I am not seeing any difference and my distal joint seems to wind up at the same spot relative to the trigger all the time. I had hoped that the Short Frame version would give me a better grip so that I could drop a magazine without having to change the grip to do so.... ah well, still... hopefully... the most reliable carry on the market.

Like I said in my prior post, that is Glock's claim to fame. Period. Once they scramble that up - they have dragged down a reputation for reliability and service that has taken years and millions of dollars to build up.

Have not fired my G30SF at the range yet; it has the -1- piece in it and I am hoping that it will be trouble free. Purchased from LEO. Hope he didn't sell it because of issues but says not.

PLEASE keep the info coming on the SF's.
Old 10-10-2011, 20:39   #92
Atomichoe094

wednesday wont come soon enough to shoot some targets !
Old 10-13-2011, 16:07   #93
Atomichoe094

Got my gun today, have to the -1- trigger, only went through 30 rounds but fired like a beast. Mags are super tight and have them loaded right now with all 10 to set in the spring a little bit. my bag with the 2 rounds in it from Glock say it was collected around 9-27-11
Old 10-14-2011, 07:08   #94
Torontogunguy

I am still working on getting out to the range with my G30SF and can hardly wait but other priorities. Please keep the reports coming; am hoping that they have spotted and resolved the issue with the SF guns. Their reputation and future depend on it.

If I cannot take a Glock out of the box and fire 500 rounds with it without a problem there is no way in hell I am going to put my life on the line with it any more. It becomes just like every other plastic gun on the market as far as I am concerned.

Got a Sig C3 and a Sig 1911 railed and both ran flawlessly from the box .... Glock... if you are listening.... your main claim to fame, which is reliability in the toughest 'life on the line' situations is being marred by this SF debacle.

It would be great not only to find that the issue has been resolved ourselves, but to hear a definitive word from the folks at Glock saying yep, there was an issue... we found it and we have fixed it. Sorry.... and if you happened to get a SF in the serial range of X to Y, please take it to any Glock dealer for on-the-spot replacement and a couple of magazines or a Glock sweatshirt for your trouble.

I can tell you that in the cellular phone industry years ago there was a manufacturer that had a problem with their phones. We opened the shipping door one day to find two skidloads (yes SKIDloads) of phones with a note saying that they approximated the number of phones we were going to have trouble with and sent TWICE that number to cover the returns and to cover our problems, time and expense. Needless to say it was instant redemption for their honesty and for grabbing 'the bull by the horns' and fixing the issue.
Old 02-06-2012, 21:35   #95
x0225095

I am also having the 30sf ftrtb problem. I can not finish a magazine without the round and slide getting jammed up as stated above. Accuracy seems great but, alas, it's only three shots at a time.

I have received a replacement spring compliments of Glock but have not tested it yet. Will pursue a change in model replacement if problem is not resolved.

Thanks for the OP and the posts that followed.

Last edited by x0225095; 02-06-2012 at 21:36..
x0225095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 22:05   #96
egl1962

i had the same problem with my g30sf too. simple fix, get rid of it. check my post on it. i kind of fixed mine but could never get comfortable with it as a carry gun so i dumped it. there are to many trouble free glocks to choose from, to fool around with that one. stick with a 9 or a 40. preferbly a gen3.

Last edited by egl1962; 02-06-2012 at 22:08..
egl1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:21   #97
turbostar66

I have a G30SF with the -1- trigger bar and a "born on" date of October 2009.

Several hundred rounds through it with ZERO problems. I've used standard WWB, standard Federal, WWB hollow points and Winchester Supreme Elite hollow points.

Never had a single issue and it is my daily carry pistol.
turbostar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 20:25   #98
x0225095

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0225095 View Post
I am also having the 30sf ftrtb problem. I can not finish a magazine without the round and slide getting jammed up as stated above. Accuracy seems great but, alas, it's only three shots at a time.

I have received a replacement spring compliments of Glock but have not tested it yet. Will pursue a change in model replacement if problem is not resolved.

Thanks for the OP and the posts that followed.
Got new recoil spring from GLOCK. Problem has abated but still there. I got 5 FTRTB today in 100 rounds.

Last edited by x0225095; 02-29-2012 at 20:25..
x0225095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 21:01   #99
vkscott
Retired USAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
I must say I've never heard of a single good result coming from the words "Glock" and "RemOil" being used in the same sentence.
What solvent and oil do you use? I just purchased a G30SF and have had no issues with FTF or FTRTB. Just curious as I bought this pistol based on Glock's reputation and how it felt in my mitt.
vkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 21:30   #100
vkscott
Retired USAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostar66 View Post
I have a G30SF with the -1- trigger bar and a "born on" date of October 2009..
silly newbie question, "where do I find the Born on date."

Update: I too have the -1- trigger so hopefully I won't have similar issues. I do have another question. I just loaded 4 mags to full capacity (10 rounds each) and although it was a bear to get the 10th round loaded, I did it (the Glock provided loader didn't do it for me, I had to use my Maglula).

I read somewhere in this thread about lower rear rails could be a possible cause for a FTF especially when manually cycling a round? I don't have a micrometer to measure but the rear rails appear to be lower. I was however, able to cycle a round by pulling the slide back and letting it RTB on its own and by slowly letting the slide RTB. There were no issues and it was smooth. BUT, I did notice that on the first round only, the brass had a thin "scrape" mark along the entire length of the case, while the second round did not. Is this the result of a new tight mag spring that will work itself out over time? Also it took a little more effort to fully seat the fully loaded mag. I'm sure this is discussed somewhere on GT, but just figured I'd ask it here.

Last edited by vkscott; 02-29-2012 at 22:18..
vkscott is offline   Reply With Quote