Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-25-2011, 20:12   #21
CoGT3

Truly bizarre. I don't remember the name of the lady who answered the phone. But at first she told me they did not exist, and then after some looking around confirmed that they did exist. She then preceded to me that they had made one batch which were sold and had no intentions to make any further.

I just went to the website and placed my order. Funny thing is, it was not there this morning when I looked up the phone number on the website.

Oh well, orders is in, and the wait begins
CoGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 20:18   #22
JBarbaresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
Truly bizarre. I don't remember the name of the lady who answered the phone. But at first she told me they did not exist, and then after some looking around confirmed that they did exist. She then preceded to me that they had made one batch which were sold and had no intentions to make any further.

I just went to the website and placed my order. Funny thing is, it was not there this morning when I looked up the phone number on the website.

Oh well, orders is in, and the wait begins
yeah, i emailed them back just to confirm i wasn't going crazy and hadn't overlooked it before. he said he literally just added it back to the website.

Last edited by JBarbaresi; 08-01-2011 at 21:37..
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 14:37   #23
JBarbaresi

just got my GL-212-220-GR-C front sight today, it didn't take but one glance to see that this is far superior to the GL-212-220-OR front sight (picture posted above). don't get me wrong, the orange proglo is fantastic, but the green proglo is just that much better. in direct sunlight the outer ring looks yellow. indoor lighting or dim lighting and the whole ring actually glows just as bright as the tritium front dot in the same color green. i would venture to say it is just as bright as a fiber optic.

the lime green proglo is a definite winner, especially when paired with the i-dot rear. i don't know why ameriglo is not offering this as an option with the i-dot pro set. i think it would be a top seller.

i'll try to get some pictures up later after the loctite has a chance to set a bit. thanks for the suggestion 500WE, and thank you for yet another great product AmeriGlo.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:41   #24
500WE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
just got my GL-212-220-GR-C front sight today, it didn't take but one glance to see that this is far superior to the GL-212-220-OR front sight (picture posted above). don't get me wrong, the orange proglo is fantastic, but the green proglo is just that much better. in direct sunlight the outer ring looks yellow. indoor lighting or dim lighting and the whole ring actually glows just as bright as the tritium front dot in the same color green. i would venture to say it is just as bright as a fiber optic.

the lime green proglo is a definite winner, especially when paired with the i-dot rear. i don't know why ameriglo is not offering this as an option with the i-dot pro set. i think it would be a top seller.

i'll try to get some pictures up later after the loctite has a chance to set a bit. thanks for the suggestion 500WE, and thank you for yet another great product AmeriGlo.
Ditto and you're welcome!!

500WE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 16:28   #25
JBarbaresi

these were taken outside with indirect sunlight. i wanted to get a couple pictures of how bright the lime green/yellow appears in direct sunlight but i missed my opportunity while the sun was directly above. i'll try again tomorrow.

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Last edited by JBarbaresi; 07-29-2011 at 16:48..
Old 07-29-2011, 21:09   #26
rattlehead55

Do you need a sight tool to put those on?
rattlehead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 21:49   #27
JBarbaresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlehead55 View Post
Do you need a sight tool to put those on?
all ameriglo sights come with a front sight tool, but you will either need a sight pusher or the good ol' hammer and drift punch to do the rear. might want to call around to local gun shops and see if anyone will install just the rear sight for free or cheap.
Old 10-28-2011, 22:14   #28
number9

Quote:

Thank you for posting this as well as the pics you've posted of each front sight. I was thinking of going with the orange, but after seeing your posts, I too have decided to go with the lime green outline front sight. After seeing the pics, the lime green appears to really jump out more than the orange. Then after thinking about it some more, I don't think I want to get used to seeing an orange sight in day and a green sight at low light / night. Seems keeping the front sight color consistent would be much better.

Im going to pair it with the GL-229-OP-R Pro Operator Series YELLOW rear sight, again based on a suggestion of someone here on the forum.

number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 22:00   #29
number9

Something else I'd like to ask of you guys running the I-Dot rear sight.... seems to me that lining up the front / rear sight at low light / night would be difficult to get the vertical alignment correct - or accurate. From looking at the pics people have posted it appears when the sights are aligned on target that there is some distance or "gap" between the orb on the front sight and the orb on the rear sight? How do you find judging this distance is at night so you're not actually aiming too high or too low? Seems that aligning the front orb between two rear orbs would help in getting the vertical sight alignment?

number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:59   #30
Ironbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
Something else I'd like to ask of you guys running the I-Dot rear sight.... seems to me that lining up the front / rear sight at low light / night would be difficult to get the vertical alignment correct - or accurate. From looking at the pics people have posted it appears when the sights are aligned on target that there is some distance or "gap" between the orb on the front sight and the orb on the rear sight? How do you find judging this distance is at night so you're not actually aiming too high or too low? Seems that aligning the front orb between two rear orbs would help in getting the vertical sight alignment?

As with ANY night sight, it's a good idea to practice with them in low light conditions, to see where you're going to be hitting. At self defense distances it may not be much difference. Our team trains at night from time to time & it's a completely different world when we do.
Ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 16:31   #31
e-man

I am considering these too. I do have a set of Heine Straight 8s and AmeriGlo Operators. I like the dot-on-dot for night, but like the Operator sight picture better.
e-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 18:36   #32
gator378
Gator378

Quote:
these were taken outside with indirect sunlight. i wanted to get a couple pictures of how bright the lime green/yellow appears in direct sunlight but i missed my opportunity while the sun was directly above. i'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the pics. I going to inquire about the green.
Old 03-14-2013, 20:26   #33
red_russian1

Sorry about the late post...

Can someone tell my why I would want the .220 front (out of stock) instead of the .165 (which is in stock yet)? Looking to buy ASAP!
red_russian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 20:30   #34
red_russian1

Sorry! I just answered my own question with a little research from their website...
Old 03-17-2013, 18:40   #35
adamg01

I am sold on them. I had my FFL guy put them on my gen. 2 19. He was pretty skeptical being a "big dot man". He now stocks the I-Dot Pros and uses them in competition. As soon as my Trijicons die on my gen. 3 19, they will get I-Dots as well.
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 19:45   #36
red_russian1

After doing MUCH research on the I-Dot Pro, I purchased the .315/.220 green/yellow combo on Friday!

Tags
ameriglo, i-dot, i-dots, idot, idots