Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:20   #1
chhodge

G30 Reverse nosedive FTF

Have any of you heard of this odd problem? I'm dubbing it the "reverse nosedive" for lack of a better term.

I have a Gen2 G30 that will not feed hollow points. When the gun is fired the next fresh cartridge will fail to feed and jam at a 45 degree incline. The lip of the hollow point bullet will be stuck pointing upward caught against the hood of the barrel with the case head resting against the bottom of the breech face and the magazine.

It's not a "stovepipe" FTE, I've tried 4 magazines, 6 brands of ammo in varying weights and I'm definitely not limp-wristing. The gun functions flawlessly with RN ammo and with filled in hollow points like Hornady Critical Defense but does the reverse nosedive FTF every 4-5 rounds with hollow points.

It's cleaned and lubed regularly and the magazines were all new Glock mags, not aftermarket knock offs. Other than Pearce grip extensions it has no mods installed and now has about 750 rounds through it.

Have any of you experienced anything similar?
chhodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 22:47   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
If these were reloads all you would need to do is seat the bullet a little deeper in the case. I think you can break the feed ramp angle right where it enters the chamber and accomplish the same thing. If this is not a direction you are willing to go, switch ammunition. You will find something that works, hang in there!

Tags
ftf, hollow point, malfunction, nosedive