SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:26   #1
K_Rasmussen
NRA Life Member

gen4 29 needs fast sights +50 eyes

So far I'm leaning towards the xs big dot, what say you?
Sights, Optics and Lasers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by K_Rasmussen; 01-30-2014 at 08:37..
K_Rasmussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:23   #2
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

I've got the front sight only on my G26 and I like it a LOT. I looked at the rear XS sight but wanted to try just the front with the stock Glock sight first. Works OK, IMO. I'd give a BIG thumbs up to the XS sights in any combination.

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:34   #3
Beanie-Bean

Trijicon HD is what I've got installed on my G29 Gen4. My G20SF has XS Big Dots installed. Both will get the job done easier than the stock sights.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:39   #4
movinup

You really need to check out Speed Sights. I have them on both my 29 and 26, my eyesight is such I can't quickly use regular sights anymore, but am very accurate with these. They seem to have the visibility of big dots plus the accuracy of traditional sights. http://www.speedsights.com/
movinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:49   #5
LuckyG

See my recent post here (#13).
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...4#post20969324
LuckyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:00   #6
K_Rasmussen
NRA Life Member

Thank you all for your replies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:23   #7
GRT45
Transform & Win

XS Big Dot 24/7 Express night sights will do the job if you need sights with a highly visible front sight for fast point shooting and a close-in, self-defense application under 10 yards.

The XS print advertisement is misleading for longer range applications. Firstly, the target size appears smaller at 25 yards compared to 15 yards, not the same size shown in the ad, and the XS front sight occludes more of the target at longer range compared to other sights. Secondly, what if your pistol caliber and choice of ammo doesn't shoot POI with exactly the 6 o'clock hold shown? Orienting the sight on the target to adjust the POA is difficult if the front sight blocks your view. With the help of an expert instructor, I tried XS sights on a loaner pistol just long enough to run some hostage target drills at 25 yards before I started looking for another sight.

For a highly visible front sight suitable for SD range that still works fairly well at 25 yards, I suggest the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro night sights if you prefer a two-lamp tritium system or the Trijicon HD night sights if you like a three-lamp system. The Warren Tactical and Sevigny Carry night sights are excellent for longer range work (I've owned both and really like them), but there are better alternatives if you need a highly visible front sight for aging eyesight.

Read more here >>> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...73&postcount=5

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 01-30-2014 at 14:33..
GRT45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:43   #8
K_Rasmussen
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
For a highly visible front sight suitable for SD range that still works fairly well at 25 yards, I suggest the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro night sights if you prefer a two-lamp tritium system or the Trijicon HD night sights if you like a three-lamp system.
Thanks, had not heard of these. think I'm sold.

Last edited by K_Rasmussen; 01-30-2014 at 10:57..
Old 01-30-2014, 11:22   #9
Beanie-Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Rasmussen View Post
Thanks, had not heard of these. think I'm sold.
AmeriGlo Pro I-Dot! Big Dot Night Sights with a Twist - YouTube
G19 Gen4 with I-Dot:

G32 Gen4 with Trijicon HD:

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 14:22   #10
sig357fan

K_Rasmussen,

Iím in a similar situation with older eyes, and having been a welder for the last 35 years hasnít helped.

I use the XS Big Dots on my G31, makes for quick target accusation, but isnít what Iíd refer to as target sights, just put the front sight dot on the target and fire, the rear sight isnít as ďnoticeableĒ as the standard notch and blade sights, I focus on the front sight and an able to make ďminute of manĒ shots very quickly, youíre not aligning the front sight within the rear sight but on top of it.

I use the standard Glock sights on my G37 and can shoot tighter groups, but at a much slower pace, Iíve used three dot night sights but find them to be similar in application as standard sights in that you aligning the front sight within the rear sight.

Sig357fan
sig357fan is offline   Reply With Quote