SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:48   #1
smokintonye
Instructor

Bernie Holsters!

I just wanted to give a short review of a couple of outstanding holsters from Phil at Bernie Holsters. I will start by saying this is my first experience with All Leather Holsters. Up untill now,they have all been either All Kydex, or Leather & Kydex Hybrid. I have used many different holsters over the last few years, and like many, I am a bit of a Holster Whore!! I have had or still have Holsters from......

-Raven Concealment
-Kaluban Cloak
-Crossbreed
-Galco
-Shielded Holsters
-Some other Homemade Kydex
-And a couple others that escape my mind right now. You get the point.

I want to say first that Customer service is something that will always win me over beyond anything else, and Phil at Bernie Holster, won me over. He went above and beyond in taking care of my orde, and was always prompt in answering my Emails.

On to the Holsters.....

I got the Concealmax pro, and a Belt Slide Holster, both for y Glock 26. I should also add that this short review is only based on my first day of use with the Concealmax Pro, but I can't imagine there being an issue any time soon with either holster.

I got the Holsters the morning before taking trip to a well known Mall here in Mn to let my 6 year old and a friend go to the indoor amusement park. Yes...a long day of waiting around, and watching people....To Damn many people

I decided to just go ahead and put on the Concealmax and give it a go. I figured this would be a great test of it's comfort, and concealabillity.Well I was not dissapointed. The holster rode just low enough to conceal well, and still be able to get a good grip on it. It was extremly comfy, stayed where I put it (3:30-4:00) and functioned pefect. It looks just as good as it wears too, even though it is IWB, I just really wanted some good looking leather....Phil did not dissapoint!

I spent a total of about 8-9 hours wearing it yesterday, and for a stout, NOT broken in yet holster, it was amazingly comfortable....A good sign for the holster, since it will only get better over time and use. Drawing Is still a bit tight as expected, but should loosen up just right with some use.

When I got home I couldn't wait to try on the Belt Slide holster. I did have a Galco matrix at one time for an XD40, so that was my only experience with a holster of this type. The issue I have with most OWB holsters, mostly Kydex from my experience, is that they have a tendency to tilt away from the body if the belt loop attatchments are not positioned just right, thus making concealing harder to get away with with an OWB holster.

Phil's Belt slide holster frankly blew me away. It rides amazingly tight to the body, and does not tilt out at all, not many OWB holsters in my experience have been able to do this. Phil's design is such that the belt slots are positioned as high as possible without hindering draw. The Belt slide also looks great as well.

Ok. let's get a couple pics up already!

Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Carry Issues
If any of you are looking for some great leather with top notch customer service, hit Phil up at Bernieholster.com You'll be glad you did.

I am also going to try to get out a Youtube review ASAP, when I do, I will put up a link!

Tony.

-MN PTC Instructor,NRA Instructor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by smokintonye; 04-17-2011 at 06:50..
smokintonye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:59   #2
buckshotshorty

Great review, I always enjoy reading about a shooter happy with a product!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!
pb
buckshotshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 13:17   #3
TJS

love the way the belt loops are spaced widely on the OWB! Finally, someone got it!
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 17:25   #4
smokintonye
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
Great review, I always enjoy reading about a shooter happy with a product!
Thanks. I hope to do a Youtube review soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-18-2011, 17:28   #5
smokintonye
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS View Post
love the way the belt loops are spaced widely on the OWB! Finally, someone got it!
Yeah Phil definetly got it right. I wasn't expecting as much out of that holster, and was very surprised. Phil is a heck of a guy to work with. He and I are actually woring on a prototype leather knife sheath. He actually has never made one, but I asked if he would be willing to give it a try, so him and I have been shooting some ideas back and forth.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:06   #6
BernieHolster

Thank you very much Tony! I appreciate your business and the review.

I've got a little discount offer going right now for a limited time and for only the first 5 GT members who contact me. If you are reading this as an old post, the deal is probably over with by now. Check the date of the post.

LIMITED TIME AND QUANTITY SPECIAL PRICE ON MY CONCEALMAX PRO HOLSTER FOR GLOCK - $85 SHIPPED - FIRST 5 MEMBERS ONLY

Regularly $118 with shipping.

Carry Issues

$85 INCLUDING SHIPPING for the first 5 GT members to PM me a firm order. This offer is limited to 5 orders, ALL BLACK ConcealMax Pro holster:

Glock 26 / 27 / 33
Glock 17 / 22 / 31
Glock 19 / 23 / 32
Glock 36 SLIMLINE

If you've been on the fence about purchasing one of these popular holsters, send me a PM and get a pretty good discount off my regular price - first 5 members only.

Feel free to PM me with questions. Thank you for your business and continued support.

Phil Bernie
Bernie Holster

BernieHolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:54   #7
RussP

Great review smokintonye.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:59   #8
-gunut-

This is not the place to sell your stuff.

Quote:
Torture tests are silly and prove nothing about a gun. Hell you pour sand down MY ass crack and I'll jam up and and fail to extract...
-gunut- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05   #9
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Nothin' like handcrafted leather! Thanks for the review.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 22:28   #10
mikegun

I like the dee[p boning and att to detail on the belt slide holster, i am going to email him and get a today price....