SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:44   #1
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Not exactly facial/age "surgery" but.......

Anybody know anything about a cosmetic medical injectable, "Juvederm XE" that is supposed to last up to a year..... gets injected into the creases, bad lines, 'marionette' lines on either side of the mouth, etc, is NOT a sillicone-type filler or similar.......?

Became aware of it just recently, and damnitall, to hell with extensive research - chances are even if it's deadly I'm not gonna live l long enough for it to kill me otherwise whatever in the heck it is.

Dunno if there's anybody in Flagstaff that administers it.......... but first thing tommorrow or whenever mando chores are done and I've had enough sleep somehow, I AM gonna find an office that does it (maybe Prescott, or more likely, Sedona?) and I AMMM gonna make an appt. and I AMMMMMMMMMMMM gonna get it in my marrionette lines and such. I don't give a darn about 'crows feet' - don't have much of those....... but these Grand Canyon Crevices, downward going, on either side my mouth are making me want to hang myself.

Argh.

Getting old is sure not for the faint of heart, as they say. Trying to keep the love of a man 8-odd years my junior, in view of my other health problems, is not for the faint of heart, either.

So........ that being said: anybody know about this stuff?
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07   #2
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Pretty sure the place that does my chemical peels offers this stuff. I've never had it done myself, but considering they are a part of a plastic surgeon's office (next door) it only makes sense that they'd offer it.

My aunt had Botox done several times and I know someone here in the hospital who has had that done as well. It can be "over" used. Do your homework before you get to the office. I'd also recommend talking to a previous patient at the place where you go to see if you can see the "before" and "after".
Old 04-18-2011, 13:57   #3
ExxoticOne

To a good (trained) eye...Juvederm looks better than Restylane. Juvaderm is said to last longer, meaning you'll have less "upkeep". My friends that have had a little Juvaderm here-and-there look better than their Restylane counterparts...more natural. If you go to their website and click "find a doctor" they'll have providers in your area...actually, I just looked...there are 5 in Flagstaff.

www.juvederm.com
Old 04-19-2011, 21:57   #4
sawgrass

I think women who age naturally and gracefully are beautiful.
A few lines simply show that you have kissed the sun a time or two.

A little grey on a woman can be downright hot, or GT talk HAWT!

I saw one of my all time favorite performers on TV the other day, and damn she couldn't smile from all of the 'work'.

There is an old saying "Don't push the river, it flows by itself".
Life is short at best girls.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59   #5
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

My opinion is that it is not so much how you look as how you act. Love is being who you are with who you love!
Be careful and check it out before jumping on it.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:25   #6
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

However

Quote:
I think women who age naturally and gracefully are beautiful.
Unfortunately, I am doing neither and thus, hardly "beautiful" 8{
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:52   #7
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Unfortunately, I am doing neither and thus, hardly "beautiful" 8{

MB most women are beautiful until their actions make them ugly.
Don't forget a healthy self esteem is most attractive.

I don't know anything about what you're asking about, but make sure the place is clean etc. You don't want to end up with some feaky infection if you have anything done.

A friend of mine went to Columbia last summer and had a lot of work done.
I have to admit that she looks a little younger and she feels much better about herself. Something else I've found interesting lately is another one of my friends has lost about 200 lbs. She's been doing slimgenics or something like that. She drinks and drinks and drinks water. She's in her 50's and with
this amount of weight loss, her skin, especially her face is still fairly tight.
I really believe it has to do with hyrdration. She is model material btw.
Absolutely naturally beautiful with the voice to match.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 19:10   #8
1200feather

MB, I would consult a dermatologist, as they should be able to give you the best advice that would be as non-bias as possible.
1200feather is offline   Reply With Quote