Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:43   #1
rock_jock

FF rails don't line up with upper receiver

I installed a UTG FF and after tightening down the nut, the rails are now very slightly misaligned with the upper receiver rails. I mean very slightly, only about 2 degrees (estimate). I am usually a real stickler for details like this, but the only solution I can think of is to buy a dedicated tool that lines these up and it is not worth the time or expense if this is nothing more than an aesthetic issue that can't be noticed unless you view the rifle from the buttstock or barrel end and look for it. Any potential problems that I am missing here?
rock_jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:30   #2
RainierArms
GT Sponsor

I'm not hugely familiar with UTG rails. In most cases, you will have to align the barrel nut. Once that barrel nut is torqued in place, then the outer ring can be tightened with lock-tite or similar, and it should be perfectly aligned. If you over tighten the outer ring, you can loosen the barrel nut causing it to come off center.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

253-218-2999
877-556-GUNS
RainierArms is offline   Reply With Quote