Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-26-2011, 20:55   #1
nxtGTO87

My Glock 29 and some other goodies

I got my Glock 29 last November. It was purchased used with 2 boxes through it and an NHZ serial number (June/July 09 I think). I had my first handgun, a Glock 27, for about 2 weeks before I sold it to get the G29. The G29's are very hard to come by in Massachusetts, so seeing as it was the one I wanted in the first place, I sold the 27 to get it. And I paid through the nose...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I can already tell that I will never sell this pistol. I can't think of one that could possibly be more versatile. It can easily be my concealed carry, home defense, and woods protection firearm with the right loadings for each situation. <o:p></o:p>
Being my first pistol I decided to spoil it right away(maybe a little too much too soon).. I immediately picked up a LWD .40 conversion barrel, Wolff Steel guide rod/21lb recoil spring, Blackhawk Serpa holster Desantis holster, Streamlight TLR-2, Trijicons, extended slide stop and slide release. I also got a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro holster for it. That holster is amazing. It is IWB/OWB with seemingly infinite IWB adjustments. It absolutely reeks of quality. It took a little while to break it in because when I got it was unbelievably tight. I can't imagine a higher quality more comfortable hoslter, but I digress.<o:p></o:p>
I haven't shot it too much myself yet, about 200 rounds. But all the 10mm loads from American Eagle to Swampfox have functioned just fine. The .40 barrel from LWD has been fine too. The only thing left I need to pick up is an aftermarket barrel with more chamber support for full power loads at the range and while hiking.<o:p></o:p>
I have to thank the members of Glocktalk and the 10-ring. I have gained a lot of knowledge about Glocks and the awesome 10mm round I didn't have before. Now some pics...<o:p></o:p>

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring
nxtGTO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 23:22   #2
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtGTO87 View Post
I got my Glock 29 last November. It was purchased used with 2 boxes through it and an NHZ serial number (June/July 09 I think). I had my first handgun, a Glock 27, for about 2 weeks before I sold it to get the G29. The G29's are very hard to come by in Massachusetts, so seeing as it was the one I wanted in the first place, I sold the 27 to get it. And I paid through the nose...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I can already tell that I will never sell this pistol. I can't think of one that could possibly be more versatile. It can easily be my concealed carry, home defense, and woods protection firearm with the right loadings for each situation. <o:p></o:p>
Being my first pistol I decided to spoil it right away(maybe a little too much too soon).. I immediately picked up a LWD .40 conversion barrel, Wolff Steel guide rod/21lb recoil spring, Blackhawk Serpa holster Desantis holster, Streamlight TLR-2, Trijicons, extended slide stop and slide release. I also got a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro holster for it. That holster is amazing. It is IWB/OWB with seemingly infinite IWB adjustments. It absolutely reeks of quality. It took a little while to break it in because when I got it was unbelievably tight. I can't imagine a higher quality more comfortable hoslter, but I digress.<o:p></o:p>
I haven't shot it too much myself yet, about 200 rounds. But all the 10mm loads from American Eagle to Swampfox have functioned just fine. The .40 barrel from LWD has been fine too. The only thing left I need to pick up is an aftermarket barrel with more chamber support for full power loads at the range and while hiking.<o:p></o:p>
I have to thank the members of Glocktalk and the 10-ring. I have gained a lot of knowledge about Glocks and the awesome 10mm round I didn't have before. Now some pics...<o:p></o:p>

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring
Nice Weapon and congrats! You might consider a KKM 4.6 inch barrel for woods carry. Turn your G29 into a G20 for 175 delivered with the same performance as a G20 adding 70 to 100 ft/sec. Good luck and you made a great decision!!! Just call KKM and ask Kevin for a g29 with a 4.6 inch barrel and doesn't cost anymore. Well supported chamber, I have had excellent performance with mine.

Last edited by texas 48; 03-26-2011 at 23:27..
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:40   #3
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Yep the extended barrels for these little pistols are just what the doctor ordered. Your barrel will stick through the holster, but it really doesn't affect the conceal carry much at all.
Old 03-27-2011, 14:20   #4
10-acious
A Perfect 10

Welcome and congratulations on your G29. Very hard to find a new one around these parts also.
10-acious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 14:41   #5
tkosiba

Great choice. Can't wait until I get my second, to dedicate one with optics and one with night sites. And yes, the G-29 G3's are hard to find right now!

Last edited by tkosiba; 03-27-2011 at 14:43..
tkosiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 14:45   #6
TSAX
USAF Vet

You forgot the rail attached knife

The 10 Ring

NRA Member http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 21:26   #7
TACLOAD

Congrats! I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of my Gen 3 20. I'm debating on a KKM barrel for the 29SF or getting a 20SF. Jimmy's Gun and Pawn has a new one that has been sitting there for month's!

“World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just the mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think is the manifestation of human compassion.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
TACLOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 20:17   #8
bac1023

Congrats!
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 21:31   #9
Dave T

Just a thought but perhaps instead of buying so many accessories you would have been better off buying ammo for practice or getting some training. Just having a gun doesn't make you competent to use it.

No offense intended,
Dave

Tags
10mm, g20, g29, glock 20, glock 29