SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:59   #1
PrimitiveHunter

I'll be back in a month or so

Very few thumbnails. I can sort by 'zip code' but it shows nobody entered zip codes. But after I enter my zip code and go back to sort by 'most recent', it shows the distance from my zip in the 'distance' column. But I can't sort by 'distance'. I'm assuming this will work itself out in time but for now, the classifieds are more trouble than they're worth.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:20   #2
Eric
Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimitiveHunter View Post
Very few thumbnails. I can sort by 'zip code' but it shows nobody entered zip codes. But after I enter my zip code and go back to sort by 'most recent', it shows the distance from my zip in the 'distance' column. But I can't sort by 'distance'. I'm assuming this will work itself out in time but for now, the classifieds are more trouble than they're worth.
Good grief. Some of you make me tired all over.

Last week you didn't have ANY thumbnails and no zip code functionality at all. The category indexes now list the ad types and states, the MANDATORY ad types and states, in the indexes. New features are being added every day. I swear, I could a hundred-dollar bill dispenser here and someone would find something wrong with it.

I cant control whether or not people enter pictures with their ads. Personally, I have never understood why anyone would list something for sale online and not include a picture. Even for those few who don't have a digital camera or smart phone or access to either, there is Google. The could take a moment to search online for a picture of their product, or something similar. When I am using a site like Craiglist, that allows me to only display listings with pictures, I don't even look at the ads without pics.

This new system is less than a week old. It is going to change the way people use this system though. People are going to find that their ads are just not going to get as much attention, in the future, unless they include pics. I will also be adding a search and browsing filter allowing people to sort listings with/without images.

-----------------------------------------------

Guys, I have asked on at least ten occasions now that you withhold your general feedback and complaints on the system until I am done. I don't have the time or the patience to finish the mods still needed and keep fielding threads like this. If you don't like the system, if you can't be bothered helping me make it better, then at least don't waste my time *****ing about my efforts here. Please. There will be plenty of time for that later. I promise. Some of you might even surprise yourself and find that you like the new system.

I'll say again that this is not a complaint forum and I am going to continue closing threads like this. Eric

Closed Thread