Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2011, 21:31   #1
barstoolguru
texas proud

Send a message via ICQ to barstoolguru Send a message via Yahoo to barstoolguru
carrying a gun and stopping for a beer.

We all know that there is a zero tolerance when it comes to carrying a hand gun and drinking.
So here is the question : you are out with your woman and you have a gun on you . You stop at the local grill and bar and she wants a beer or three. You can sit there and drink a coke but you want a beer too . How far if any can you break your gun down to the point it is not a gun any more and it’s gun parts. As far as I know it’s ok to drink a beer with gun parts in you p/u
FYI: in texas you can carry a gun into place of business that sells liquor as long as they make less then 51% of their money on booze
barstoolguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 14:40   #2
Huber
G1 Niner Rockin

I would say as long as you have the gun in say the glove box (not loaded) then store the mags somewhere else in the car there shouldn't be a problem.
Huber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 14:49   #3
Lobo Feroz

as far as I know here in fla you can carry even if your drinking, if its in your hand thats another story. Ill have to look it up
Lobo Feroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 15:11   #4
Lobo Feroz

790.151 Using firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances; penalties.--

(1) As used in ss. 790.151-790.157, to "use a firearm" means to discharge a firearm or to have a firearm readily accessible for immediate discharge.

(2) For the purposes of this section, "readily accessible for immediate discharge" means loaded and in a person's hand.

(3) It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.

(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(5) This section does not apply to persons exercising lawful self-defense or defense of one's property.

yep, you can carry it in its holster, even use it if its lawful self defense.
Lobo Feroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 13:29   #5
pipedreams

I think you will find this to vary from state to state. In Iowa the following applies.

What are the laws regarding alcohol and a concealed weapon in Iowa?
Establishments serving alcohol are not off-limits. Having an “addiction to alcohol” would invalidate your permit though.
Additionally your permit is invalid:

1) while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage or other drug or a combination of such substances,
2) while having an alcohol concentration of .08 or more, or
3) while any amount of a controlled substance is present in the person, as measured in the person’s blood or urine

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 14:13   #6
F350

Thanks to LEO over reaching here in Missouri I can now be falling down drunk and armed without being in violation of any law. The violation upon "DOING" something stupid.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57   #7
LKGMADMAX

In NC I'm understanding that you are not to carry into a place that serves alcohol, whether you plan to drink or not. What if you are carrying in a place that serves alcohol and someone provokes a fight who is hammered and the law called? Whether you pull the gun or not your carrying in a place where it's prohibited. Speaking from a NC resident stand point.
LKGMADMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 13:23   #8
whitebread
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKGMADMAX View Post
In NC I'm understanding that you are not to carry into a place that serves alcohol, whether you plan to drink or not. What if you are carrying in a place that serves alcohol and someone provokes a fight who is hammered and the law called? Whether you pull the gun or not your carrying in a place where it's prohibited. Speaking from a NC resident stand point.
In NC it is a place that both serves and sells alcohol. Concealed carry has a zero-tolerance policy, but the current laws do not state anything about open carry and blood alcohol content.
whitebread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 14:52   #9
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Unload the chamber, unload the mags, put it in a lockable box in the trunk with an empty chamber and empty mag and put the ammo somewhere else.

Then have fun because that's when all the zombies will start to attack.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:33   #10
JackMac

NC is in the process of changing the law so you can carry in a restaurant that sells and serves alcohol....you just can't enjoy a cold adult beverage when you are in such a place...legally. House Bill 111 passed 3/30/11 and now on the way to the NC Senate. Jack
Old 03-31-2011, 13:31   #11
kyletx1911a1

if remember right the limit is the same is as drunk driving as long as,
you dont go into a 51% bar
kyletx1911a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 15:05   #12
glockmaniac

Well, legal advice from the internet has it's issues in itself.
The variation in State Laws also make it difficult to give out fool proof advise on-line.
Honestly,if it was me the gun would be at home if I was going out and the possibility existed that I would have a drink.In addition, like someone else said, in some States it invalidates the permit,so I wouldn't even want it in the vehicle with me disassembled in pieces,cause the frame still requires a permit in my State irregardless if it is unfireable.imho,keep guns and alcohol especially outside the home in public far apart at all times, I mean you have to drive home with it in the truck when your done at the pub,so it would be a no go for me.Course, I don't drink anyway,so its a none issue for me.
glockmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 19:26   #13
rv4driver

Basically, if your screen name is "barstoolguru", leave the gat at home.

Kidding! I'm kidding!
rv4driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 19:31   #14
NMG26

I stop for six beers while carrying all the time...........on my way home, then I pop a top when I get home.

I'm ok with leaving my gun locked in my safe, in the car for one or two beers. No more then that.

Last edited by NMG26; 04-15-2011 at 19:39..
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 19:36   #15
EAA10

MN is .04 or lower and you are not in voilation of your CCW. You can also carry in a bar..
Old 04-15-2011, 19:48   #16
furioso2112

Store it in the way a person without a concealed carry permit would have to transport it lawfully, and go float yourself home.

Tags
beer, drinking, guns, laws, liquor