Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-17-2014, 21:12   #1
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

For the old timers

I've noticed several of my old-timer GT friends hang out here in the black rifle forum.

This leads me to a question.

First, go read this thread: http://www.300BlkTalk.com/forum/view...=87185&start=0

Then, tell me: Is it just me, or has Gecko45 re-surfaced with a different username and just posted a new version of the Mall Ninja thread there??

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Last edited by MakeMineA10mm; 01-17-2014 at 21:13..
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:17   #2
MrMurphy
Head Sheepdog

Writing style isn't the same as Gecko45 or GunKid.

He also has a legitimate question about a squad sniping system, though these days, they tend to go with a suppressed AR-10 type (OBR, SR-25) since they don't really look much different than an M16. Others have built similar fold-a-sniper rifles for the same reason but in .308, for the same role.

I doubt he's a former military sniper without seeing more info though. Most real ones would give a branch or designation, not 'former military sniper'.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:16   #3
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Writing style isn't the same as Gecko45 or GunKid.

He also has a legitimate question about a squad sniping system, though these days, they tend to go with a suppressed AR-10 type (OBR, SR-25) since they don't really look much different than an M16. Others have built similar fold-a-sniper rifles for the same reason but in .308, for the same role.

I doubt he's a former military sniper without seeing more info though. Most real ones would give a branch or designation, not 'former military sniper'.
Murph,
You're not giving him enough credit! He's had 10 years to mature and develop. While he's definitely more polished in his presentation, the BS factor still leaks through...

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:15   #4
BL_1

Later on in that thread he claims to have spent 15 yrs as a sniper/instructor. I'd have to call BS as the questions he was asking were far too basic for any of the instructors I've ever met.
BL_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:30   #5
K. Foster

There’s so many posers on the net it’s hard to tell one from another. That’s one good thing about this forum. We may have people that will argue specs and brand until the day they die but at least they don’t claim to be something they’re not.
Old 01-18-2014, 17:15   #6
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Well, he may have come off bad initially, but he gave a name and class number. He's being checked out, and he's supremely confident it will check out.

We'll see.

Old 01-18-2014, 17:49   #7
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Murphy pretty much nailed it,......I passed the info along to a Marine buddy of mine.
He's on it like Oprah on a donut.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote