[]; (function() { var gads = document.createElement('script'); gads.async = true; gads.type = 'text/javascript'; var useSSL = 'https:' == document.location.protocol; gads.src = (useSSL ? 'https:' : 'http:') + '//www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js'; var node = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; node.parentNode.insertBefore(gads, node); })(); Dpms gii ap4 .308... - Glock Talk

Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-02-2015, 20:50   #1
bunk22

Dpms gii ap4 .308...

...got mine in today, $1140 out the door, NIB. Normally, even with my very minimal AR knowledge, I would not have considered a DPMS but from all the reviews I've read, some of them normal user reviews on forums, the GII is a reliable .308. After my PTR-91 debacle, I hope this one performs. After a fantastic weekend AR class with my DDM4V7, I'm sold on the Daniel Defense rifles but I went with this DPMS regardless. It is the AP4 version, so as basic as it comes but it now wears a Troy Bravo drop in rail, a Magpul angled foregrip, a Magpul grip and for now, a Vortex Spitfire 3x prism scope.

Black Rifle Forum

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 21:23   #2
S*****4

The DPMS GII rifles are awesome!

Congrats!!
S*****4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 23:25   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Congratulations on the new toy!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:45   #4
tobby

Congratulations! Nice looking gun. Give us a range report when you can.

Tobby
tobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:35   #5
M&P15T
Beard One

That's a lotta gun. A man's gun. So much better than an FN-FAL, it's not even funny. FN-FALs can't even hold a candle to such an AR patterned .308 rifle.

Honestly, if I owned an FN-FAL, I would have to hide away from my fellow shooters now, embarrassed and feeling in-adequate. And then I would have to acknowledge my mistake in owning an FN-FAL, and sell it for 10 or 15 dollars, and get a real .308 rifle, like this one.

Written in jest, purely for FNFALMan's enjoyment.

Last edited by M&P15T; 04-03-2015 at 07:36..
M&P15T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:37   #6
GlockViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk22 View Post
...got mine in today, $1140 out the door, NIB. Normally, even with my very minimal AR knowledge, I would not have considered a DPMS but from all the reviews I've read, some of them normal user reviews on forums, the GII is a reliable .308. After my PTR-91 debacle, I hope this one performs. After a fantastic weekend AR class with my DDM4V7, I'm sold on the Daniel Defense rifles but I went with this DPMS regardless. It is the AP4 version, so as basic as it comes but it now wears a Troy Bravo drop in rail, a Magpul angled foregrip, a Magpul grip and for now, a Vortex Spitfire 3x prism scope.

Black Rifle Forum
Very nice rifle and optic...buddy of mine got a Spitfire for his AR and likes it a lot.

a technical question...with the 5.56 AR, there are options WRT gas tube length (carbine, mid and rifle).

It looks like your DPMS has a "carbine" length handguard...do the 7.62 ARs have gas tube length options?
Fix Reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson
GlockViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:26   #7
Sigobsessed
Good looking

Congrats nice looking rifle!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:01   #8
tobby

To some who are amateur sarcasmics, the subtlety of your post may hide the utter disdain just below the surface.

I have been a student of the art of sarcasm all of my life and I feel I must congratulate you on this epic display.

Seriously though, if the FN-FAL is going on the block for like $10, PM me first.

Tobby

Written in jest, purely for FNFALMan's enjoyment.[/QUOTE]
tobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:12   #9
bunk22

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
That's a lotta gun. A man's gun. So much better than an FN-FAL, it's not even funny. FN-FALs can't even hold a candle to such an AR patterned .308 rifle.

Honestly, if I owned an FN-FAL, I would have to hide away from my fellow shooters now, embarrassed and feeling in-adequate. And then I would have to acknowledge my mistake in owning an FN-FAL, and sell it for 10 or 15 dollars, and get a real .308 rifle, like this one.

lol

Old 04-03-2015, 18:44   #10
bunk22

I had one failure to extract out of 81 rounds today, looks like a part of the shell came apart, so I believe it was the ammo's fault, other than that, worked like a charm. The mil-spec trigger wasn't to my liking so I put a Geissle Super Dynamic Combat trigger in it, with a flat face. Much better, will try it out tomorrow.

Black Rifle Forum

Old 04-03-2015, 21:18   #11
steve1911

Congrats! on your AP4.

1911club#410
Old 04-03-2015, 21:28   #12
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Dpms gii ap4 .308...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post

Mattel toys are man's guns only to girlie men like you.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were to sell off an FN FAL to buy a Mattel Toy. The FAL isn't made to be used by wimpy armed, bony chested girlie men. The recoil would crush your bird like chest cage.

Last edited by fnfalman; 04-03-2015 at 21:31..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:06   #13
Baba Louie

Nice rifle for price.

Nice jest M&P.

Accuracy with scope vs. other 7.62NATO you own... is the DPMS ahead of, far ahead of, so so, lackluster...? (with a 3X certain limitations may exist, true?)

What type of groups at what distances etc...? (when you can report such arcane info)

Ammo preferences or what has been used to date (and one disintegrated you say?)?

I've been pondering selling or trading my girlie man M1A for a newer more modern (50's design vs 30's design) manly rock chucking device in 7.62NATO that won't break the bank (SCAR 17 might since you gotta feed these things) and due to aging eyes, need glass atop it if accurate shooting is going to occur.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:14   #14
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Mattel toys are man's guns only to girlie men like you.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were to sell off an FN FAL to buy a Mattel Toy. The FAL isn't made to be used by wimpy armed, bony chested girlie men. The recoil would crush your bird like chest cage.
Right.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:57   #15
bunk22

I shot another 100 rounds yesterday, not one issue. So far, so good with this thing. Not a lot of rounds at all but I think at the 100 round mark, I had a 50-60% failure rate with my last 308, a PTR-91.

Old 04-07-2015, 00:29   #16
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

Congrats! Very nice!
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 14:59   #17
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk22 View Post
I shot another 100 rounds yesterday, not one issue. So far, so good with this thing. Not a lot of rounds at all but I think at the 100 round mark, I had a 50-60% failure rate with my last 308, a PTR-91.
Nice looking gun. Don't let anyone tell you a DPMS won't shoot. I've seen em keep up with some of the "best" .308 ARs on the firing line that cost $2000 more than the DPMS.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:21   #18
Lindenwood

My Gen1 308 Oracle has 1950 rounds since I got it a bit under 6 months ago. I have only shot it with red dots and irons, but I can consistently shoot around 2moa, and I have had an eye doctor literally laugh at me when I asked how I did after an exam :P .

Had a failure to lock open on the first or second magazine, but otherwise has been 100%. I like to experiment and it will even reliable cycle 110gr RN bullets (for a .30 carbine) down to about 1800fps (including lock-open). I have I think 500 rounds through it since the last cleaning.

Good choice!
Lindenwood is offline   Reply With Quote