Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-14-2011, 14:38   #1
hoop

Idaho "Non-Resident" Renewals

I guess Idaho isn't really the Northwest, but I don't see a better forum for it, so here it is.

When I was stationed in Idaho I obtained my CCW in Idaho. Eventually I moved but I held onto the CCW. I just called the DMV of the county I got it in and asked about transferring it to a "non-resident" permit, I was told "no" and that was pretty much the end of the conversation.

After looking over 18-3302, the reason becomes pretty obvious. Idaho doesn't have non-resident CCW permits but, the best I can tell, doesn't prevent non-residents from obtaining them.

Another phone call back to the DMV (and same person) later and I've updated my address on file.

This is good for anyone who wants an Idaho CCW, or maybe just the reciprocity that goes with it (not as good as Utah's, but not terrible).

The caveat here though is that if you wish to renew the permit, and I bet to apply, you have to do so in person.

Anyone know if there's a way around the renewals? I've got another year on mine but I'd love to keep it longer. (I live in CT now and our reciprocity is crap.)

Last edited by hoop; 04-14-2011 at 14:39..
hoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idaho ccw renewal