Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2011, 21:46   #1
jamaicanj

Roni Carbine

I have been looking at the Roni Glock carbine conversion and it looks pretty interesting. http://ematactical.com/viewProduct.asp?ID=267&catID=376

Who here has one, has tried one out or has any feedback on such conversion kit?

On a separate note, it requires the tax stamp as its a sbr, which is a process that I've never been thru but I'd imagine is quite tedious. So given the extra steps, I don't want to jump out and get this if it's not a solid performer.

Your input is appreciated.

J
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 22:44   #2
rjrivero

Ohio has this quarky law about a gun that can fire 31 or more shots without reloading is considered a "machine gun."

That's not "illegal" in Ohio, it's just that a such a gun needs to be in the ATF registry to comply with OHIO law. So, I sent a Form 1 on one of my Glocks so that I can run 33 round mags in them during our monthly carbine shoots. (It's just plain easier to use the same 33 rounders in my pistol and my carbine.)

With that said, the paperwork is really pretty strait forward. There is nothing difficult to filling out a Form 1. If you can a CLEO sign off, then the extra step of forming a TRUST, or LLC/CORP is unneccesary which makes it that much easier.

When the Form 1 comes back, I will probably buy one of these kits and try it out. I like the looks of the kit, and the fact that it just covers the entire pistol makes it more appealing, from a reliability standpoint. (imvho)
rjrivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:06   #3
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

^
Good info

And I dont have hands on experience with them but the HERA arms kit looks better constructed. And everthing Ive seen from CAA looks cheap and fragile. YMMV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Facebook Fanpage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Email me for prices on Firearms/Suppressors

Last edited by Fireman1291; 02-01-2011 at 09:06..
Fireman1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 19:35   #4
Sharkey

Saw them at Shot and I think they will hold up. The price and tax stamp keeps me from buying one. Saving my cash for the Kel Tec shotgun in Oct.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:58   #5
Liff

I shot a G18 in one of the Roni sbr set ups. Very nice, made the G18 much more controllable. If I had a G18 of my own, I would buy one for sure, if I didn't I would just get an AR.
Liff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:06   #6
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Evane if it's not considered a "machine gun" in your state it is still considered an SBR.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 14:05   #7
rjrivero

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_drebin View Post
Evane if it's not considered a "machine gun" in your state it is still considered an SBR.
Re-reading my post, I wasn't really clear. The OHIO law that states a gun that shoots more than 31 rounds without reloading is considered by OHIO law as a "Machine gun."

In order to use high capacity magazines, you need to have the gun in the NFA Registry. The NFA has no magazine capacity laws, so it would be in the NFA Registry as a SBR. Since it is in the Registry, it meets the OHIO LAW as a "Machine gun" that is properly registered.

Doesn't make much sense, but that's how it rolls.

Last edited by rjrivero; 02-05-2011 at 14:05..
rjrivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:19   #8
Carnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
^
Good info

And I dont have hands on experience with them but the HERA arms kit looks better constructed. And everthing Ive seen from CAA looks cheap and fragile. YMMV
Got the same opinion, I went the HERA way
Free Fire Zone
Free Fire Zone
Way better having 2 support point than just one.

Last edited by Carnage; 02-06-2011 at 11:22..
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbine, roni