GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-19-2011, 20:32   #26
the perfesser

#1 Glocker is right about the XD .45ACP Tactical (mine has a full-sized grip) vs. the G21. I own the G36, which I like. But the double-stack .45ACP Glocks just feel like blocks. The XD's ergonomics are superb for my hands.
the perfesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 20:55   #27
nevnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the perfesser View Post
My XD Tactical in .45ACP might be the most accurate pistol I own, so good that I have usually have nothing further to post on this forum!
I have one just like it. It's an awesome gun!!!

Roaming aimlessly in Northeastern Nevada
nevnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:27   #28
PAPACHUCK

Plenty love for the XD here.

I have owned 6 different XD's now. My first was a XD45 Tactical, which I still own. I also still have a XD40sc for CCW. All the others got sold off to fund new interests, but I would buy back all of them except the XDm9. I like the regular XD frame better for some reason.

My favorite XD's are the XD45T and the XD9sc.

I've owned three Glocks over the years, a G22 and a couple different G19's. You couldn't give me another G22, I hated that gun. Now the G19....great gun. I'd take another in a heartbeat, if there weren't any XD's. I could outshoot my G19 with my XD9sc, so the G19 went away. But my G19's never failed me. Of course, none of my XD's have ever failed in any way.

Bottom line the XD is a fine weapon for those of us who like it's ergo's, but there will only be so much love for it on a forum devoted to it's primary competitor.

The reverse is apparent over at XDTalk. And then there's the S&Wforum guys who don't like either the Glock or the XD's....and the Sig group, and the real snobs....H&K lovers.

GT S/P Code: 18SE-AdeGi (eh..who cares now)
PAPACHUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 23:36   #29
bunk22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPACHUCK View Post
Plenty love for the XD here.

I have owned 6 different XD's now. My first was a XD45 Tactical, which I still own. I also still have a XD40sc for CCW. All the others got sold off to fund new interests, but I would buy back all of them except the XDm9. I like the regular XD frame better for some reason.

My favorite XD's are the XD45T and the XD9sc.

I've owned three Glocks over the years, a G22 and a couple different G19's. You couldn't give me another G22, I hated that gun. Now the G19....great gun. I'd take another in a heartbeat, if there weren't any XD's. I could outshoot my G19 with my XD9sc, so the G19 went away. But my G19's never failed me. Of course, none of my XD's have ever failed in any way.

Bottom line the XD is a fine weapon for those of us who like it's ergo's, but there will only be so much love for it on a forum devoted to it's primary competitor.

The reverse is apparent over at XDTalk. And then there's the S&Wforum guys who don't like either the Glock or the XD's....and the Sig group, and the real snobs....H&K lovers.
I'm an XD fanboy!!! I'm just the opposite though, I shoot my G19 slightly better than my XD9sc but damn does the XD with the 16 round mag fit my hand fantastic. I've shot the XDM 3.8 9mm and .40, the XDM 45 and the XD9, all were just awesome IMO. My next gun will be an XD or XDM.

Last edited by bunk22; 06-10-2011 at 23:37..
bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 15:24   #30
tmfisher57

Never shot one until last Christmas. I bought my son a XD Tactical .45 because he wanted it over a G19. Got it home and WOW!!! I love the thing, nice trigger (better than my Glocks) and it's a shooter. Then my wife spotted the new XDM 9mm. compact, well she got that for mothers day.... DOUBLE WOW!!! The ability to go 19+1 or 13+1 is sweet! It shoots so smooth and accurate that now I might fetch one up for myself if it comes out in .45 Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Glocks, BUT I LOVE these XD/XDM guns too. Wish Glock would offer a high cap/low cap carry model with all the bells and whistles.
Old 06-20-2011, 20:16   #31
Maine1

if they made the XDM in 10mm i'd be all over it. i like the grip. The glock is more easily detail stripped, but thats pretty picky. Both are good guns.
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:21   #32
Sippo

XDm compact vs. Glock 19 Gen4

I just purchased an XDm 3.8 compact 9mm. I'm carrying the Glock 19 at this time. I'm having trouble making the transition! The XDm seems more recoil sensitive than the Glock19. After operating with the lower bore axis of the 19 the XDm compact feels like there's a ton of bricks on top of the frame when I bring the pistol up. Am I the only Glocker that experiences this?
Don't get me wrong... The XDm attracted me for many reasons. I actually like the idea of the grip safety and the match grade barrel is suppose to handle +P loads without trouble. I guess I should try to compare it to my G26 for a fair comparision instead of the G19.

You're right, Mr President. Central PA does love their guns and religion.
Sippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:46   #33
anubisgodofgods

Sippo, the XDm has a taller slide than the Glock and theirs nothing you can do but get used to it. I have heard that you will feel more recoil because of the taller slide but I personally have never experienced this. I have owned 4 XDm's and many Glocks and I can not tell a difference in recoil. I have noticed that the slide is taller but it does not bother me. I traded my last two gen4 Glocks for two XDm competition pistols and never regretted it.

I plan on buying G26,17,30 and 21 all gen4 when the money is available but I still prefer the XDm over the Glocks.
anubisgodofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 22:04   #34
HeadShrink

Have a G19, but when I decided to go to .45acp for everyday carry I had to go with the XD compact. The Glock was wayyy to thick in my hand when chambered in .45acp, but the XD is perrrrfect. The ergos are slightly different, but it's width is approximately the same as my G19. I prefer the finish on the Glock, as it's more Teflon-like, but the trigger on the XD is MUCH nicer. Although certainly not a deal killer for the Glock, the XD take-down lever is much nicer. I like the "cocked" indicator at the back of the slide on the XD too. Both guns are stock BTW. Now if I could get my hands on an XDm, that would be awesome... but alas, I'm in the people's republic of kali :(
HeadShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 18:56   #35
GlockPistola

I like how the XD feels in my hand, nice ergonomics, but not crazy about that grip safety.
Old 12-23-2012, 19:07   #36
countrygun

Count me as a big XDm fan. A great way to use .45 ammo effectively.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 19:20   #37
bdhawk

Send a message via Yahoo to bdhawk
i have four XDs [not to be confused with the XD(S)].

i have...
XD 9MM service model
XD .40 S&W service model
XD .45 ACP tactical
XDm 5.25 competition bi-tone

love 'em all, great ergos, especially the 5.25, with multiple backstraps. all are great shooters, i am especially fond of the .45 tactical, it is so derned accurate. the 5.25 is no slouch in the accuracy department, either. but let's face it, it is not a .45 ACP.

my only beef is/are the sights. they are difficult, to impossible to drift in the dovetail.

if and when they make a 10MM XDm i'd sell my frontrow seat in hell to get one, if i had to.

N.R.A. RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

G22 - G27 - G20 sf

Last edited by bdhawk; 01-28-2013 at 06:35..
bdhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 21:56   #38
HeadShrink

What is it about the grip safety do people not like. I like it because it's passive, but I notice a few people mentioning it.
HeadShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 22:01   #39
jay-bird
goin' broke

I ccw an XDS 45. Single-stack 45. Go watch Hikock45's review video!
jay-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 22:09   #40
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhawk View Post
i have four XDs [not to be confused with the XD(S)].

i have...
XD 9MM service model
XD .40 S&W service model
XD .45 ACP tactical
XDm 5.25 competition bi-tone

love 'em all, great ergos, especially the 5.25, with multiple backstraps. all are great shooters, i am especially fond of the .45 tactical, it is so derned accurate. the 5.25 is no slouch in the accuracy department, either. but let's face it, it is not a .45 ACP.

my only beef is/are the sights. they are difficult, to impossible to drift in the dovetail.

if and when they make a 10MM XDm i'd sell my frontrow seat in hell to get one, if i had to.
If they offer a 10mm just don't stand in my way or I'll send you to your seat.
Old 12-23-2012, 22:35   #41
T-Rod45
Loves The Glock

I like XD's. I actually started on polymer pistols with an XD(M) 9... I just don't like grip safeties. I'd like to shoot the 5.25 .45 and the XDS. I actually fondled a XDS today, tiny .45 and the front sight is great...
•23 Gen4 (/19 conversion)
•M&P •Ruger •Smith&Wesson •Kel-Tec •Mossberg •LWRC •Glades Gun Works
T-Rod45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:31   #42
man.cave

I have 1 xd (45 tactical) and 1 xdm (9mm) and want to get a 40 xdm to kinda complete the main 3 auto loads. I like them but they diffently feel different than a Glock and Glock feels like an extention of my body due to the amount I have shot them. Honestly I would like to pick up a few S & W to just be well rounded, but Glock will remain king in my book due to the ease of mods, weight and reliablity.
man.cave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:48   #43
bha0198

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDfense View Post
What's my name foo!!
Haha

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
bha0198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 14:37   #44
theAlgorithmist

I carry an XDS .45 with +2 mags IWB - SO comfortable and easy to conceal - even when driving long distances. A G31 with extended barrel and Underwood Gold Dots lies comfortably in an Air Marshal 3 shoulder rig should 15 rounds of .45 not get the job done.

I own two Glocks but am really digging that XDS.

regards,

- jim
Old 02-06-2013, 15:28   #45
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlgorithmist View Post
I carry an XDS .45 with +2 mags IWB - SO comfortable and easy to conceal - even when driving long distances. A G31 with extended barrel and Underwood Gold Dots lies comfortably in an Air Marshal 3 shoulder rig should 15 rounds of .45 not get the job done.

I own two Glocks but am really digging that XDS.

regards,

- jim

I remember, back in "the day" when the Charter Arms Bulldog was the big light gun, then along came the Star PD that proved a small light .45 could work. Those guns are almost iconic.
Back then however, CCW permits were few and far between, today with CCW being more common I predict that the XDS is going to become an icon.
Old 02-06-2013, 19:48   #46
FloorPoor

I looked hard at the XD's before choosing Glock. The short length of pull on the XD just didn't feel right at all.
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:02   #47
Gills63

Love my XD 40. Definitely fits my hand just right.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Gills63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19   #48
ca survivor

deleted.

Last edited by ca survivor; 02-07-2013 at 11:39..
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:36   #49
capnjim01

just purchased my first XD 40 even using the mag loader it's tough to get the mags full. I never had this much trouble with my Glock does it get easier? Any tips?
capnjim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:42   #50
anubisgodofgods

I am on my 5th XD XDm and I load all my mags by hand without a mag loader. I have owned dozens of Glocks and loaded them by hand as well. The Glock mags do get easier to load in time but the XDm magazines seem to be consistent.

The way I see it the XDm magazines have a better spring.
anubisgodofgods is offline   Reply With Quote