GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2010, 18:54   #51
22dHead12dChest

Is it common practice to modify/trim the plastic off the stock holster in any way?

If so, please post a few photos of your customized GSCH.

THANKS.
Old 11-11-2010, 14:45   #52
KRLY

Just wondering if there's any "snag" issue with the Glock Sport-Combat holster and XS 24/7 Big Dot sights ?
Thanks
krly
Old 11-12-2010, 11:43   #53
tuica

I use my S/C holsters more than the expensive leather kind. Just wish that Glock would make it long enough to cover full sized slides with deliniated lines where you could cut for smaller models. They would also sell more of these as folks would have several cut to different lengths. A simple idea; methinks.
Old 12-03-2010, 14:17   #54
NateM

Bumping a slightly old thread. But figured you guys might like to see my "modified" Glock S/C holster.

Yes thats right... I modified the ever popular Glock sport combat OWB holster, to work for me in a IWB fashion for my Glock 26. Total, not counting a little time, I have about $22 into this holster, and its simply pretty amazing. There is a company local to me that makes custom leather and nylon police gear. I walked in actually looking for him to add a leather belt strap to the holster. That way I could keep it secured to my belt. What I walked out with was, the use of a metal mobile radio holder clip installed. How it works is one part of the metal clip is slid inside the holster, and locates into a oval hole we punched in the plastic of the holster. It is VERY secure, and definitely not going anywhere. What I then did was cover the metal (and basically that whole side of the holster) with commercial grade, super sticky velcro. to prevent the gun from sliding in and out on the metal. I wish I would have taken some pictures of what the metal clip looks like out cause its not coming out now without ripping out the velcro.

Heres some pictures. I also modified the holster to compensate for my extended mag release, and extended slide release. I show a unmodified holster in one pic so you can see where I cut it up a bit. Smoothed it all out with a Dremel tool and sand paper.

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

I couldnt get a good picture (crappy cell phone camera, and poor lighting) of how the inside looks, but it just has velco on one side. It makes for a slightly snugger fit, which I like. I sprayed down the holster inside and out after (not the velcro) with silicon spray. The holster hold firm, but releases smoothly. With the clip at the right cant, and how it attaches, it allows for very deep concealment. Let me know what you think! I'll try and get some more pics wearing the holster soon. I need someone to take the pictures. But its comfy at about 4 o'clock, or slides in easy for appendix carry also.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37   #55
NateM

I have two S/C holsters. One I keep OWB for the range, and the other I modified to work for me in an IWB fashion for my Glock 26. Total, not counting a little time, I have about $22 into this holster. There is a company local to me that makes custom leather and nylon police gear. I walked in actually looking for him to add a leather belt strap to the holster. That way I could keep it secured to my belt. What I walked out with was: the use of a metal mobile radio holder clip installed. How it works is one part of the metal clip is slid inside the holster, and locates into a oval hole we punched in the plastic of the holster. It is VERY secure, and definitely not going anywhere. What I then did was cover that metal (and basically that whole side of the holster) with commercial grade, super sticky soft loop velcro. This prevents the gun from sliding in and out on the metal clip. I wish I would have taken some pictures of what the clip looked like out of the holster. Because its not coming out now without ripping out the velcro.

Heres some pictures. I also modified the holster to compensate for my extended mag release, and extended slide release. I show a unmodified holster in one pic so you can see where I cut it up a bit. Smoothed it all out with a Dremel tool and sand paper.

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

I couldnt get a good picture (crappy cell phone camera, and poor lighting) of how the inside looks, but it just has velco on one side. It makes for a slightly snugger fit, which I like. I sprayed down the holster inside and out after (not the velcro) with silicon spray. The holster hold firm, but releases smoothly. With the clip at the right cant, and how it attaches, it allows for very deep concealment. Let me know what you think! I'll try and get some more pics wearing the holster soon. I need someone to take the pictures. But its comfy at about 4 o'clock, or slides in easy for appendix carry also.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:08   #56
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

The gun store I go to sells them for $24.99. They like to mark things up ridiculously high, except on their guns, they're competitive in pricing there, but holsters, gun cases, lock boxes, ammo etc. are all priced super high. Most of the time their accessories are about twice as much as you can order them online for. I keep wanting to try one, I may put my bladetech that I never use in the classifieds to trade for the Glock SCH.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13   #57
NateM

$24?? Screw that. Spend some money on some goodies for you Glock over at Loneowolf, and get the holster there for $15. If you're picking up a few things anyway the shipping is split up. Even if all you bought was the holster I think it would be ~$22 shipped from Lonewolf
Old 01-08-2011, 11:53   #58
Made Man
Glock-o-holic

I just sprayed down, then wiped out my GSCH and this thing is fast now! Still has more than adequate retention. Time to give the HT721OT a break, I've found my new favorite holster.

Thanks for the tip teeuu.
.40 S&W Club #423
Black Rifle Club #606
INFIDEL
Old 01-08-2011, 18:44   #59
prcharlie

Just picked one up on ebay for $6 shipped. I am considering mounting it in my truck.
Old 01-08-2011, 19:41   #60
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcharlie View Post
Just picked one up on ebay for $6 shipped. I am considering mounting it in my truck.
I have picked up both of mine on eBay. The last one cost $13, including shipping. Getting ready to get find another one on eBay.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
Old 01-09-2011, 12:50   #61
Braden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical_aj88 View Post
If you do how do you like it??? I ordered one last night.
I find it to be quite useless.

But now that I've read more of this thread maybe I should pull mine out of the drawer and give it another chance.
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

G19, G17, G23 (EDC), G22
Old 01-09-2011, 14:33   #62
teeuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made Man View Post
I just sprayed down, then wiped out my GSCH and this thing is fast now! Still has more than adequate retention. Time to give the HT721OT a break, I've found my new favorite holster.

Thanks for the tip teeuu.
Old 01-11-2011, 17:19   #63
harlan
Who u lookin at

Have 4 of them. 2 modified for iwb. It's my EDC holster.