Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:35   #776
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I have never even seen the Glock duty holster here.
Old 06-05-2010, 15:28   #777
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
In my opinion, you should be much more concerned with features of the holster OTHER than how easily the gun goes back into it. In other words, look for retention, durability, comfort, deployment, etc. Re-holstering is a very low priority. You should train to re-holster reluctantly--if you had to pull your gun out, it was probably for a good reason and you should not be in a hurry to get it put back up. There are much better duty holsters out there than the GLOCK offering. YMMV.
Well sometimes its very important to get your gun back in fast, because of changing to your pepper spray, cuffing,... In this case, the Glock holster is nice, because the gun drops in, without any kind of pressure needed, just by its own weight.

The Safariland has quite a tight fit, even after I opened up the tension screw as much as possible and the gun doesnt drop in by its own weight.

You also have to see it the other way around - the faster the gun drops in, the fast you can usually get it out. The Glock retention system is very good, you can draw your gun very very fast, like its some kind of lv 1 holster, but its lv3.

Are there really better duty holsters out there? Probably, but on the other hand this holster type is quite old, and still works very good for me every day and for all the other thousands of officers here.
I also dont have a choice, I have to use this holster and I am happy with it.
To me there is only one big minus and I mentioned it before. The plate where the holster attaches to, is wearing out just because of pressure against the holster from sitting in the car, ramming it into things when climbing obstacles and so on. So its necessary to change that thing from time to time. On the other hand I can just remove the holster with the gun by pressing one button and put it somewhere safe when entering retention facilities, or working inside the station where I just wear my normal belt with a small plate the holster attaches to. This fast attach system is something I love.
The gun can be used with plain clothes (not that good, but during winter with a jacket on), for normal duty, with an extension that puts it on your thigh or just put somewhere safe without beeing removed from its holster.
Old 06-05-2010, 15:32   #778
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

http://www.glock.com/english/safetypack_holster.htm

GLOCK SAFETY HOLSTER*
Safe - simple - quick: The GLOCK safety
holster affords officers on duty optimum
protection hindering unauthorized
access to the weapon
by third parties.

Easy operation and

ergonomical design

make for the legendary GLOCK speed.

Differently dimensioned carry plates that

can be attached to any service belt ensure optimum carry comfort.

*Not available for the US market.

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase
Old 06-05-2010, 15:54   #779
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Well, that explains why I have not seen it because it's not available for us.

You are right that reholstering is important because we might have to transition to less lethal alternatives in a hurry or if you get in a fistfight and have to secure your weapon right away to get both your hands free to go hands on.

I still like my Safariland 6285. It drops in and out too easily. I am trying to tighten it but it isn't doing it. Oh well.
Old 06-05-2010, 20:04   #780
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very good points, OfficerChris. I'm all for using what works for you and it sounds like the GLOCK holster works pretty well.
Old 06-05-2010, 20:24   #781
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Well, that explains why I have not seen it because it's not available for us.

You are right that reholstering is important because we might have to transition to less lethal alternatives in a hurry or if you get in a fistfight and have to secure your weapon right away to get both your hands free to go hands on.

I still like my Safariland 6285. It drops in and out too easily. I am trying to tighten it but it isn't doing it. Oh well.
I think my safariland still needs some time, because after I removed my G17 yesterday, I saw that there is a residue of the leather from the inside of the holster on the gun. So its still forcing its way in for a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
Very good points, OfficerChris. I'm all for using what works for you and it sounds like the GLOCK holster works pretty well.
Like I said, its really ok. I would really prefer the possibility to use my gun with a light on it, but on the other hand we arent allowed to do that... All the special units like swat, k9 and similar, are using the safarilands because of that.
Old 06-05-2010, 20:31   #782
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you've got a new Safariland holster that's a bit tight, you can use a little Ballistol or other silicone spray lubricant on whatever part(s) of the holster that lock the gun in. Like on my Safariland Raptor holster, there's a piece that locks into the ejection port area. Sprayed a bit of Ballistol on it when the holster was new and it really smoothed things out. The holster will also ease up a bit over time on its own. I'm not a big fan of the Safariland holsters that just have the suede type material on the inside without any other method of mechanical retention. I like the Raptor and ALS holsters, but I have problems with the gun getting snagged in the suede-only holsters (like the 6004).
Old 06-05-2010, 20:37   #783
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

I do use a safariland holster with a retention system, but there still is this leather like material on the inside. Mine also locks into the ejection port.
Will try the Ballistol trick, thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 23:32   #784
infiniti0505

Cock nd Balls in my face
Gurdle dworph
With every breath, we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

Old 06-09-2010, 23:39   #785
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniti0505 View Post
Cock nd Balls in my face
Gurdle dworph
Wrong forum.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/

Old 06-10-2010, 11:51   #786
bubbles911

I've been thinking of switching to leather (required) duty belt with the plastic clip/buckle like a lot of you have... What brand or model is good? I've looked at the AccuMold Elite version, but only online.... can't find any locally to see/feel the quality.
Old 06-10-2010, 17:14   #787
PTRJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles911 View Post
I've been thinking of switching to leather (required) duty belt with the plastic clip/buckle like a lot of you have... What brand or model is good? I've looked at the AccuMold Elite version, but only online.... can't find any locally to see/feel the quality.
I have two set ups, one in Accumold, and one in Accumold Elite, except for the baton holder, HT holder, and holster, everything is Bianchi.

In fact as I am writing this I decided to set up my Elite (leather) gear again and use that for awhile as I have been using the nylon or about 6 months and want another look. It will last for about 3-6 months and then I will go back to Nylon again.

The Elite is great!! It hides scuffs and just like leather, you can touch it up with liquid shoe polish if really needed, you can wash it all if you want, and it will not stretch out like leather does.

I know it does not really help you, but here is a picture of an actual LEATHER Dutyman HT Holder, and a Bianchi Accumold Elite Cuff case side by side.

The SHOT ShowCase

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 06-11-2010, 11:56   #788
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
I have an Uncle Mille's Ultra for both my leather and nylon rigs. It's 2", which I like better than the 2.5" belts and I also prefer the buckle to the Bianchi one. I also prefer having the "hook" velcro on the duty belt and the "loop" on the inner belt. I also prefer the sliding plastic clip things on the Uncle Mike's (for sizing the belt) over the wide cloth ones on the Bianchi...they help keep the looped over part of belt (where it loops through the buckle) from sticking way up.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
Old 06-11-2010, 12:48   #789
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

My experience has been the opposite. I find the plastic keepers keep sliding off the ends on my Uncle Mike's duty belt but the cloth one on the Bianchi stays put. The UM plsstic clip actually moved all the way off once and the buckle came off the belt. Thank goodness the belt keepers kept the belt on. So... The Bianchi is my main belt and the UM is the training belt.

I don't use the velcro system to attach the underbelt. The UM molded belt keepers do a great job of holding the belt so it doesn't slide around.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:19   #790
bubbles911

Great, thank you all for the help! I appreciate it.... I'll report back with what I get in picture form.. finally!
Old 06-13-2010, 20:28   #791
lt1z28maro

Send a message via AIM to lt1z28maro Send a message via Yahoo to lt1z28maro
Quote:

I have this Safariland leather belt for my leather set up. I like it because I find it a bit more "clean" looking than the one with the plastic buckle. For my web gear I have the Bianchi Accumold with the clip though. Being that I've used both, the buckle is more secure while I like the ease of adjustment in the leather. If I feel like having it looser one day and tighter the next, it's super simple. Sliding all that junk around on the webbing sucks.
Old 06-27-2010, 18:12   #792
ferretray

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniti0505 View Post
Cock nd Balls in my face
Gurdle dworph
Do we really need this trash on the forum? I don't know how to report a post to the admin, but if y'all do, maybe we could have this deleted and the idiot who posted it banned.
Old 06-27-2010, 19:24   #793
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It'll probably just result in the thread being locked, which I'd rather avoid. Just ignore him and carry on.
Old 07-22-2010, 18:19   #794
shootindave

The SHOT ShowCase
By null at 2010-07-22

*not pictured, mic pack in front of the mag and X26 in the Blackhawk holster

extra mag, porta clip radio holder, OC, 4th Genn G22, handcuffs, X26 holster.

CMMG Midlength, Eotech XPS2.0, G2 LED, Daniel Defense Rail

Surefire E2D clipped in my back pocket.

We get into a lot of foot chases...... keep the gear light.
Old 07-31-2010, 00:53   #795
Chico Bill

This is my old rig, pictured somewhere a couple years back...

The SHOT ShowCase

Here's the rig I just put together...I broke my trigger finger a while ago and I go back to patrol on Sunday. My P220 (No light rail) has a lighter trigger pull and I shoot it better with my current trigger finger. Once I get back into shape I'll go back to my P226R with Surefire X200...I'll have to post that rig later since I stole a couple pieces for this one...

The SHOT ShowCase

Left to right:

Double mag pouch (2 x 8rd .45 mags)
keeper
carabiner for drop leg rigs (gas mask, med/AR15, med/shotgun)
20rd AR15 Mag pouch (Blackhawk nylon with Magpul P-Mag - 18rds Rem 55gr soft point)
OC (Freeze +P) pouch
Radio Holder
single .45 mag pouch
keeper
keeper
extra cuff case
keeper with hidden cuff key
Safariland 6280 with Sig P220 (night sights, slim factory grips, no rail)
Cuff case
Key ring holder

Pistol mags loaded with Winchester Ranger 230gr JHPs.

I also have the following (not counting admin/reference stuff):

Left Shirt Pocket: Streamlight Microstream flashlight, digital pocket recorder
Left Pants Pocket: S&W CS45 backup gun
Left Sap Pocket: Cold Steel Voyager Tanto Folder, Eagletac P20A2MKII Flashlight (sometimes a Streamlight SL20X in addition to, or instead of, the eagletac)
Right Sap Pocket: Gonzalez 415 Sap

Aim low boys! They're ridin' Shetland ponies!
--The Kung Pow Buckaroo's
Old 08-01-2010, 16:03   #796
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Bill View Post
Left Shirt Pocket: Streamlight Microstream flashlight, digital pocket recorder
Left Pants Pocket: S&W CS45 backup gun
Left Sap Pocket: Cold Steel Voyager Tanto Folder, Eagletac P20A2MKII Flashlight (sometimes a Streamlight SL20X in addition to, or instead of, the eagletac)
The Microstream and Stylus Pro are badass little lights for $16 each.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
Old 08-01-2010, 22:28   #797
Chico Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
The Microstream and Stylus Pro are badass little lights for $16 each.
Yes they are... I absolutely fell in love with my Microstream. It's small, bright, and takes the same batteries as my voice recorder. The momentary-capable tail-cap is also almost unique for it's size, and definitely for it's price!

Old 08-01-2010, 23:04   #798
HiCountryCowboy
Don't Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Bill View Post
How about a pic of that azz kickn bit of police history!?!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:08   #799
Chico Bill

It's actually not a true "Gonzalez made" sap. He hasn't made 'em for a while. I've wanted one for 8 years. Someone in Idaho finally started making approved versions and our emporium started selling them. I picked up one of the first one's they got in. It was around $70...Here you go:

The SHOT ShowCase

Old 08-05-2010, 09:50   #800
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Loves it.