GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:47   #401
GTownGlockMan

I've been waiting on my 6280 so I could finally post pics of my Academy rig and soon to be Duty rig.

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

***NEED OPINION***
When I ordered the 6280 I chose "plain" thinking it was a plain plastic but was surprised to find when it came in today that "plain" means plain leather. Think it looks ok?
Old 12-30-2008, 15:33   #402
VirginiaLEO83
1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTownGlockMan View Post
I've been waiting on my 6280 so I could finally post pics of my Academy rig and soon to be Duty rig.

***NEED OPINION***
When I ordered the 6280 I chose "plain" thinking it was a plain plastic but was surprised to find when it came in today that "plain" means plain leather. Think it looks ok?
Looks fine from here, I'm pretty sure they don't make the 6280 in a plain plastic finish.
Old 12-30-2008, 16:33   #403
GTownGlockMan

Decided I'm going to return it to Officerstore.com where I bought it. I found the STX Tac Black version, Model # 6280-836-131, in stock online and bought it. Even with 2nd Day Air shipping I'm saving ~$35. Hate to take the chance then get on with a department where leather + nylon is a no-go. 8wks worth of waiting for nuthin'.
Old 12-30-2008, 21:46   #404
trdvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel View Post
Figure I'll post another picture since I've changed mine a bit:

The SHOT ShowCase
Peacekeeper RCP with retention endcap

I know you didn't like RCPs holster so how is the whole setup working for you? What lenght did you get and which holster? Thanks
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:39   #405
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Yeah, the plain nylon finish safariland is called either STX (Fine-tac) or... well... nylon. I had the nylon 070 and it was crap. I bought the STX 6285 next. The STX is at least $30 cheaper than the same holster in nylon and the finish is way more durable.

My STX holster looks better after 6 years than my nylon did after 3 years. Oh, and avoid Bianchi nylon holsters at all costs. It's the same construction as the Uncle Mike's mag pouches and every one of them that I've seen ripped or wore really thin at contact pionts within 6 months.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39   #406
Gangrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
I know you didn't like RCPs holster so how is the whole setup working for you? What lenght did you get and which holster? Thanks
I have the 26" baton with the securelock rotational holster. It betrayed me once, since then I have made some modifications. I put a velcro strap on the bottom to retain the baton and it has been alright since then. I emailed the company too and the prez emailed me back. Was glad to see they cared.
Old 01-01-2009, 23:58   #407
Chico Bill

My current setup:

The SHOT ShowCase

Aim low boys! They're ridin' Shetland ponies!
--The Kung Pow Buckaroo's
Old 01-02-2009, 00:00   #408
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

What's that on the left? 2 double D batteries?

Just giving you a hard time... never seen shotshells on a duty setup. We wear 25 shell shotgun bandoliers, hooah!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:37   #409
GTownGlockMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
What's that on the left? 2 double D batteries?

Just giving you a hard time... never seen shotshells on a duty setup. We wear 25 shell shotgun bandoliers, hooah!
What, no linked 5.56 around your neck?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53   #410
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Hell no, linked 5.56 chains are for the M249 SAW, where we work, we wear linked 7.62 chains to feed the M60. No light machine gun or squad weapon can do the job... we need at the minimum a medium machine gun and sometimes we break out the heavy machine gun which are crew served.
Old 01-02-2009, 20:03   #411
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootindave View Post
do you have problems with your radio flying off when you fight people..... I dont think that clip would hold up for me......

Also what side of KS are you? Im on the MO side.
Update,

I have broken 2 clips so far. Both have been when getting in the car. Radio gets caught on the door and snaps one of the sides of the clip by the spring mechanism. Has been annoying, but so far there have been no problems when outside the car. I think the problem is the clip is not made to hold my body weight with the momentum of sitting down while the radio stays outside the vehicle.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:32   #412
Chico Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTownGlockMan View Post
What, no linked 5.56 around your neck?
He he...Woe be the day that the department makes the mistake of sending me to AR15 certification. I've already got the vest.

As for the linked ammo, as was said before, we don't mess with 5.56 when it comes to the bigguns...There's a well-known picture (albeit from a tragic incident in which a deputy was killed) where an SEB member is seen loading the M60 on top of an APC...When the going gets tough we don't mess around...We break out machine guns and start burning down houses!

Aim low boys! They're ridin' Shetland ponies!
--The Kung Pow Buckaroo's
Old 01-16-2009, 22:40   #413
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
The SHOT ShowCase

Basketweave belt is primarily for the PD but I can also wear the nylon belt if I want to. Nylon has safariland 6360 with springfield XD 5 inch tactical and the basket has the same holster in basketweave finish with glock 22
Old 01-17-2009, 11:09   #414
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
The SHOT ShowCase
Dude, where do you carry the Boxer on that rig? Does Safariland make a dog carrier? Is it basketweave?
And if you have to go H-2-H, unload your holster gun first and rely on your concealed BUG, so that if the nut-job gets your holster gun it will be empty.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:15   #415
pal2511

Its a tactical 5.11 brindle weave carrier
Old 01-17-2009, 11:54   #416
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam

I can't believe I've never participated in this.

This is my rig. Yes it's a hodge-podged amalgamation of different stuff. My mag case tore where the belt goes through it and all I had was nylon, plus I don't like flaps covering things, and my cuff case just sucked so I replaced it. If my department has an issue with it they can buy me new leather versions.

Bianchi belt lined with a Bianchi open top nylon mag carrier, Surefire G2Z with LED conversion in a Surefure holder, some old ghetto-fied radio holder, Safariland 6280 holding a Sig P226 with a TLR1 attached, ASP rotating baton holder with a 26" ASP, and Bianchi nylon double cuff case with a pair of S&W chained cuffs and a pair of Pearless hinged cuffs.

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase
And if you have to go H-2-H, unload your holster gun first and rely on your concealed BUG, so that if the nut-job gets your holster gun it will be empty.
Old 01-17-2009, 13:56   #417
pal2511

Does anyone ever take the zip tie cuffs and place them underneath the gear on your belt?
Old 01-17-2009, 15:15   #418
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

We wear those fancy duty belts with the slots cut into the belt lengthwise to fit the flexi-cuffs or whatever they are called. The LT hates them though.
Old 01-17-2009, 16:24   #419
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
Does anyone ever take the zip tie cuffs and place them underneath the gear on your belt?
I don't and I can't picture it so I guess I don't know anyone who does.

I carry 3 extra handcuffs and a ton of zipcuffs in different locations throughout my car in easy to reach locations, but none on me. Maybe if cargo/bdu pants weren't cosidered to be the devil around here I would wear some zippcuffs.

I wear my stuff pretty tight so I can't imagine stuffing any zippcuffs between me and my gear. My zippcuffs are pretty stiff and that sound uncomfortable.
Old 01-17-2009, 20:30   #420
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.Interceptor View Post
I don't and I can't picture it so I guess I don't know anyone who does.

I carry 3 extra handcuffs and a ton of zipcuffs in different locations throughout my car in easy to reach locations, but none on me. Maybe if cargo/bdu pants weren't cosidered to be the devil around here I would wear some zippcuffs.

I wear my stuff pretty tight so I can't imagine stuffing any zippcuffs between me and my gear. My zippcuffs are pretty stiff and that sound uncomfortable.
Maybe you should get bigger pants? That tight polyester look is out. The baggy cargo BDU look is in. Ask all the tacticool operators!