Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:56   #381
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much just until I can afford something Safariland. Had to get the rig on a budget for right now.
Dude, if you don't get hooked up, give me a shout, I have an older 2.5" drop El Paso style holster for a G23 in shiny BW finish and I'll gladly donate it for the price of shipping and packaging to get it to you so you don't wear a concealment holster for duty.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:00   #382
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Dude, if you don't get hooked up, give me a shout, I have an older 2.5" drop El Paso style holster for a G23 in shiny BW finish and I'll gladly donate it for the price of shipping and packaging to get it to you so you don't wear a concealment holster for duty.
I appreciate the offer, but I'm required to use nylon gear. I'm just waiting a few weeks for a paycheck (trying to get a vest first), then prolly going to go with a Raptor level 3. I played with one at the uniform store a few days ago and really liked it.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:46   #383
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Make sure you get one that allows for a M6 or TLR-2 with laser. It's fun!
Old 10-11-2008, 21:43   #384
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

The SHOT ShowCase
By nikerret at 2008-10-11

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase
Old 10-12-2008, 01:01   #385
shootindave

do you have problems with your radio flying off when you fight people..... I dont think that clip would hold up for me......

Also what side of KS are you? Im on the MO side.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:10   #386
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootindave View Post
do you have problems with your radio flying off when you fight people..... I dont think that clip would hold up for me......

Fwiw, I use a MOTO clip and haven't had any issues in 4 years or so. Been over a fence or 50.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:35   #387
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:

I don't fight people, therefore my radio never flew off.
Old 10-12-2008, 15:18   #388
Blah!

Man I wish we would go to nylon... Our Dept. is so old fashioned.
Old 10-12-2008, 15:44   #389
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Been using nylon for 9 years, never would go back to leather except for dress occasions.
Old 10-13-2008, 18:26   #390
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Here's pretty much the final product:

The SHOT ShowCase

Belt is Safariland Nylok, as are most of the accessories. Left to right: Uncle Mike's dual mag pouch (uniform store was out of Safariland pouches for a G22), 21" ASP in ASP-brand holster, Surefire G2 in Safariland holder, Bianchi Patroltek latex glove pouch, Safariland cuff case with S&W M100 cuffs, Safariland Raptor 3 with G23, Def-tec MK3 10% OC spray in Safariland pouch.

After talking to some guys in my class that use it fairly often as special LEOs in University hospital, I'm convinced on going to pepper foam in the very near future.

ETA: I also added a pair of Hiatts hinged cuffs today; still playing around to figure the best way of carrying them until I can get another cuff case.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 10-13-2008, 23:09   #391
CW Mock

I was tearing the old duty belt down today for some good cleaning, and to swap out some gear when I decided to snap a few pics to keep the thread going ...

I just switched from a double to single cuff case to save weight, and a few Don Hume leather items (Mag carrier, OC puch, Flashlight scabbard) to Safari-Laminate stuff for the winter.

The SHOT ShowCase

From left to right:

M&P40 mags, Cell Phone, Motorola Radio, Surefire flashlight --- 21" ASP, M&P40, Handcuffs, OC, Buckle of Justice.

The SHOT ShowCase

Our duty gear is set up a certain way by policy. The cell phone case and surefire are allowed extras. I went to the single cuff case to ease the strain on my back. Still in therapy from that crash, and the doc advised it. I also wear a TON of keepers because I hate stuff flopping all over the place when I run, or just plain shifting around in general. My back hurts less at the end of the day with everything clamped down as well.

Not big on clarino. I'd rather have plain black leather and no visible snaps. Oh well - it works!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:59   #392
PsychoDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN40 View Post
Is there enough on there? You forgot the E tool, in case your pinned down.
Guess it looks that way cuz i don't have your belt size
NinersClub #4680
Old 10-16-2008, 18:22   #393
05wrxfl
10-15 master

Click image for larger version

Name:	gun belt 1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	956.9 KB
ID:	211211
Old 10-21-2008, 18:25   #394
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:

No issues with it so far. It is held pretty tightly between my inner belt and duty belt. The bottom of the clip has a large tang that is as long as my duty belt is thick.

I wear five belt keepers; unfortunately some dipple-whip decided to go with the crap plastic ones from Safariland. They probably bought a whole slew of them for cheap. Who uses plastic belt keepers? They are crap.

I am closer to the eastern side. I am in KC quite often.
Old 10-21-2008, 18:28   #395
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW Mock View Post
Our duty gear is set up a certain way by policy. The cell phone case and surefire are allowed extras. I went to the single cuff case to ease the strain on my back. Still in therapy from that crash, and the doc advised it. I also wear a TON of keepers because I hate stuff flopping all over the place when I run, or just plain shifting around in general. My back hurts less at the end of the day with everything clamped down as well.
That would drive me nuts to have my belt set up a certain way by policy. It took me between five and ten tries to get everything in the right place. An I am the only person I have seen who keeps their cuffs on their off-hand side.

I would like a couple more belt keepers, but they just have more plasticrappy ones. At least yours are leather. I guess I'll just buy a 4-pack from somewhere.
Old 10-21-2008, 23:07   #396
CW Mock

It kinda sucks, but to be honest I have used it this way, was trained with it set up this way, that I would probably not change it too much if I could. It's all muscle memory for me now. A switch would screw me up in a tense situation. The only change I have made was from a double to a single cuff case for now so I can do some repairs on the double.

I used to wear 5 keepers, but recently went to 8 total, and I am content that nothing will move around on me now. My biggest complaint with the belt is the clarino, and brass snaps/buckle. I'd rather have plain black and hidden snaps for the "stealth" factor and less crap to polish every week.
Old 10-22-2008, 18:33   #397
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
No issues with it so far. It is held pretty tightly between my inner belt and duty belt. The bottom of the clip has a large tang that is as long as my duty belt is thick.

I wear five belt keepers; unfortunately some dipple-whip decided to go with the crap plastic ones from Safariland. They probably bought a whole slew of them for cheap. Who uses plastic belt keepers? They are crap.

I am closer to the eastern side. I am in KC quite often.
I use the Uncle Mike's molded belt keepers and I love them. The belt gets locked on from the high friction coefficient of the rubber compound and nothing shifts on my waist unless I shift my whole garrison underneath it as well and the pants belt loops keeps that in check as well. I have had them since 1999 and they still work like new, no stretching, no loosening, no discoloration.

Stay away from the regular nylon keepers though, those are worthless, they stretch out and don't keep the belt in place.
Old 11-02-2008, 17:54   #398
mark cumberland

Here is my duty rig with my Glock 35

The SHOT ShowCase
Old 11-11-2008, 02:38   #399
Noah

Here's a newer one of mine. Things look pretty tight but I do fit 5 belt keepers in there. Rubber gloves go in my pocket. I recently replaced my Streamlight Stinger with the Pelican 7060 LED shown. Great light!

The SHOT ShowCase
Old 11-29-2008, 01:29   #400
Gangrel

Figure I'll post another picture since I've changed mine a bit:

The SHOT ShowCase
Double Mag Case
Dual Baton/Flashlight ring
Peacekeeper RCP with retention endcap
Radio
2x G&G Cuff Case with Peerless 100 cuffs... Put some of that "Gettagrip" stuff on the right one to try it out for a while. Had to mangle it a bit since it isn't made for peerless.
Glock 22 in Safariland ALS II+ holster with Agrip
Streamlight Strion
BodyGuard LE OC