GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 21:40   #451
Gangrel
Senior Member
 
Gangrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,010
*snaps*
Gangrel is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 22:07   #452
trikx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kodiak Country
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Cop and suspect engage in a westside story knife fight in the alley.


I didn't say it was right, I just passed along the info
trikx is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 22:25   #453
Gangrel
Senior Member
 
Gangrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,010
The SHOT ShowCase

Since I change mine all the time, the latest update

L to R

Dual Mag Holster
Dual Straight Baton/Flashlight ring
26" Peacekeeper RCB with retention cap in Securelock Holster, which I modded some
Key-Per
Motorola, I used some electrical tape to stick the antenna to the cord so it doesn't poke me in the armpit (I also use a Listen only earpiece, not pictured)
New Stinger DS (freakin' LOVE it)
Peerless 100s, with GettaGrip, in a G&G (I think) Holster
Glock 22, with AGrip, in a Safariland 6360 II+ ALS with a 1.5" drop mount
BodyGuard LE Spray... The little tassled thing is a handcuff key that I stick in there
Another set of Peerless 100s
Gangrel is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:14   #454
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam
 
S.O.Interceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Posts: 3,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post

Leather:
The SHOT ShowCase
I just wanted to stop in and say that I hate you because you're allowed to wear suspenders. That is all, carry on.

P.S. I think you labeled your "leather" and "nylon" pictures backwards. And I still hate you.
__________________
Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!!
Rest In Peace Mom! I love you!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
And if you have to go H-2-H, unload your holster gun first and rely on your concealed BUG, so that if the nut-job gets your holster gun it will be empty.
S.O.Interceptor is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40   #455
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,330
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikx View Post


I didn't say it was right, I just passed along the info
Hey, I know a dance, it's called... STICK... and MOVE... you wanna dance?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 09:57   #456
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.Interceptor View Post
I just wanted to stop in and say that I hate you because you're allowed to wear suspenders. That is all, carry on.

P.S. I think you labeled your "leather" and "nylon" pictures backwards. And I still hate you.
Fixed...thanks.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 10:13   #457
Gangrel
Senior Member
 
Gangrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,010
For you guys that wear suspenders, how often do you hear of suspects using them against you in a fight?
Gangrel is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30   #458
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,894
Never. They're also designed to break away if pulled on...haven't tested that out, though.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:38   #459
trikx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kodiak Country
Posts: 298
One of the maybe 3 officers that wear them on the department I work for got into it last summer at a barfight and a drunk tried to grab him and they broke away (as designed to) and the drunk fell straight on his ass in front of the backup squad rolling up.
trikx is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:16   #460
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


Added Magpul Rangers to the G34 mags, a Magpul 20 round PMAG with Ranger plate in a custom Deployment Solutions mag holder and a Serpa X26 holster.

This is my final setup unless I ever get my department to approve Springer 1911's.

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:38   #461
Sidhe
CLM Number 255
Girl w/a Glock
 
Sidhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas, baby!
Posts: 8,449
Send a message via AIM to Sidhe Send a message via Yahoo to Sidhe


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Added Magpul Rangers to the G34 mags
Crap.

Want.

Dammit Cheesy!
__________________
PJMN: "No, it's because there's still tons of people who cream their underwear over the name "Kennedy", as if it's somehow ****ing magical to come from a bunch of drunks who can't ski, fly planes, duck, be loyal to family or country, or win honest elections."
Angry Bassets: "We can't use anything electric in NJ.
It's much better for us to marinade resistive people in OC, and, failing that, beat them like seals, according to the liberal idiots who run this God-awful left-wing hellhole of a state."
Sidhe is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:44   #462
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhe View Post
Crap.

Want.

Dammit Cheesy!

Magpul Speedplates. $14.95

Living down the street from Magpul HQ. Priceless.



Nice AR in that avatar, woman! Makes me wanna go to work and clean mine!



The SHOT ShowCase

The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:48   #463
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,330
Blog Entries: 1
How you likin the magpuls on the pistol mags?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:50   #464
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
How you likin the magpuls on the pistol mags?
So far so good. They'll really be tested in August when I hit the NRA schools (LE Pistol and Rifle instructor) back to back.

__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:52   #465
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,330
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
So far so good. They'll really be tested in August when I hit the NRA schools (LE Pistol and Rifle instructor) back to back.

SWEET! I'm looking to register for the NRA pistol and tactical shotgun one come summer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:56   #466
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
SWEET! I'm looking to register for the NRA pistol and tactical shotgun one come summer.
Department is sending me to as many as I can sign up for, thankfully. I have Glock and Colt LE AR/M16/LMG Armorer done. Going through the combat courses in 2010. We are working on creating a regional academy and I am "gunning" for a FT instructor position.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 21:57   #467
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,330
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Department is sending me to as many as I can sign up for, thankfully. I have Glock and Colt LE AR/M16/LMG Armorer done. Going through the combat courses in 2010. We are working on creating a regional academy and I am "gunning" for a FT instructor position.
FT instructor job? What happened? You don't want to work for a living anymore?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:00   #468
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
FT instructor job? What happened? You don't want to work for a living anymore?


Just need a break from patrol. Been on graves since 2004 and I need a normal schedule for a little while. I'm thinking about motors too but it's a long line.

Day shift is pretty hands off based on my low seniority and I figure I wouldn't mind to hide out at the academy for a few years.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:01   #469
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


I should be topped out on step for Officer when the adacemy is built so $70,000 a year to bust balls on snot nosed academy brats is aight wit me!
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:05   #470
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,330
Blog Entries: 1
The academy is a great gig and I wouldn't mind instructing for a while but not until way later. Right now, I am trying to get in more street time while my body can still handle it.

Besides, your war stories out of the academy would be pretty boring...

"So yeah... the other day we got this hot call out of the PT course and I responded code 3 on foot and saw a cadet who sprained his ankles so I immediately cordoned off the area and ordered an evac with level 3 medical response on a code 11-38.445 subsection d (cadet down). Thankfully the fire academy guys were next door and they provided the necessary first aid right then and there. We transported to the infirmary and almost lost the cadet. Man, that was some excitement, I tell you what... wooooo... man... anyone want a beer after work? I need to relax a bit after all that excitement."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:07   #471
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
The academy is a great gig and I wouldn't mind instructing for a while but not until way later. Right now, I am trying to get in more street time while my body can still handle it.

Besides, your war stories out of the academy would be pretty boring...

"So yeah... the other day we got this hot call out of the PT course and I responded code 3 on foot and saw a cadet who sprained his ankles so I immediately cordoned off the area and ordered an evac with level 3 medical response on a code 11-38.445 subsection d (cadet down). Thankfully the fire academy guys were next door and they provided the necessary first aid right then and there. We transported to the infirmary and almost lost the cadet. Man, that was some excitement, I tell you what... wooooo... man... anyone want a beer after work? I need to relax a bit after all that excitement."

I'm just ready for a break from patrol and I think this would be fun.

I've had some hairy situations lately and just want to try something different. I'll always be a patrol officer at heart but I wanna try the red shirt on for size.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:11   #472
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,330
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I'm just ready for a break from patrol and I think this would be fun.

I've had some hairy situations lately and just want to try something different. I'll always be a patrol officer at heart but I wanna try the red shirt on for size.
Hey, just giving you a hard time. Seriously though, I wish you luck on that because there were a time or two that I wish I was a red shirter too. Some of the stuff is fun and I would love to learn more and be able to teach and pass it on to future generations of cops.

I hear ya about patrol and being stuck on graves. I've been there and done that. Ruins your body and you never feel quite right.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:13   #473
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


........
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:14   #474
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,330
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I should be topped out on step for Officer when the adacemy is built so $70,000 a year to bust balls on snot nosed academy brats is aight wit me!
$70k/yr. in your neck of the woods... would be roughly equivalent to a lot more here in SoCal... I hate our inflated cost of living.

But why would you care, you're stuck with your $1 in your money clip for your lunch allowance, remember? You wouldn't even get free coffee and donuts at the academy like you do on patrol!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 22:18   #475
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,178


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
$70k/yr. in your neck of the woods... would be roughly equivalent to a lot more here in SoCal... I hate our inflated cost of living.

But why would you care, you're stuck with your $1 in your money clip for your lunch allowance, remember? You wouldn't even get free coffee and donuts at the academy like you do on patrol!
Coffee and doughnuts been making me fat! I'm up to 220-225 now.

Gotta start running with those 21 year old little ****s in formation!

I may have a buck for lunch but who needs to eat when wifey lets you spend money on this stuff?

Just finished tint and clearbra. Alarm and remote start next week!

The SHOT ShowCase
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:24.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,197
374 Members
823 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42