Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:09   #321
matt86
Oink Oink

Send a message via AIM to matt86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachaddwick View Post
I start the academy august 6th, just got issued the duty belt the other day.

from left to right safariland mag pouch, surefire led z2 combat light with holster, bianchi radio pouch, bianchi asp holster with asp, blackhawk level 3 duty holster (waiting for the 21sf to come in, a 19 in there for the pic) safariland oc holster, cuffcase with S&W cuffs
Looks like you've already learned to keep your back clear

I'd invest in a second pair of cuffs though.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:55   #322
Sidhe
CLM Number 255
Girl w/a Glock

Send a message via AIM to Sidhe Send a message via Yahoo to Sidhe

Stickied!

Thanks Cheesy and anyone else who had a hand in it!
PJMN: "No, it's because there's still tons of people who cream their underwear over the name "Kennedy", as if it's somehow ****ing magical to come from a bunch of drunks who can't ski, fly planes, duck, be loyal to family or country, or win honest elections."
Angry Bassets: "We can't use anything electric in NJ.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

It's much better for us to marinade resistive people in OC, and, failing that, beat them like seals, according to the liberal idiots who run this God-awful left-wing hellhole of a state."
Old 07-16-2008, 02:12   #323
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah! View Post
Thanks Cochese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhe View Post
Stickied!

Thanks Cheesy and anyone else who had a hand in it!
I'm here all week.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:14   #324
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
I wish we had them... Just for CYA purposes. Here if we are accused of misconduct it's our word against theirs and our admin doesn't always listen to us
Thankfully, my current department listens to it's officers.

Cameras are a PITA. I've done it both ways, with DVR and VHS and they are all a waste. Always broken, or always recording when I cuss out some a-hole for cutting me off.

The only thing they are good for is OIS and such.
Old 07-16-2008, 21:51   #325
GTownGlockMan

I saw hinged cuffs mentioned earlier... I start academy in January and I'm putting together a shopping list (actually a really anal Excel spreadsheet with embedded formulas and hyper links to websites and stuff). Why hinged over linked cuffs and why do the ASP type cuffs sometimes need special holsters? What about colored cuffs? Yellow for high visibility? And how come no one has a OD Glock as their duty gun? My local department doesn't supply your gun so you can basically have what you want within reason as long as it's in .40.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:43   #326
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTownGlockMan View Post
I saw hinged cuffs mentioned earlier... I start academy in January and I'm putting together a shopping list (actually a really anal Excel spreadsheet with embedded formulas and hyper links to websites and stuff). Why hinged over linked cuffs and why do the ASP type cuffs sometimes need special holsters? What about colored cuffs? Yellow for high visibility? And how come no one has a OD Glock as their duty gun? My local department doesn't supply your gun so you can basically have what you want within reason as long as it's in .40.
Probably a good idea to start a new thread on this as it will get more traffic, but I'll answer your questions.

Hinged handcuffs are generally a little larger and allow less movement by the arrested party. Chained cuffs go on a little easier in a struggle. The ASP cuffs require special holders because they are larger. They are not worth it IMO, and seem like a solution in search of a problem. There have been numerous threads on this topic that are probably still around. I don't have colored cuffs because they weren't really that common when I bought my stuff five years ago. Some (mostly correctional) agencies use them to color code prisoners. Why does nobody have an OD glock? No idea. One of the reserves on my department carries a Kimber Desert Warrior.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
Old 07-17-2008, 14:19   #327
Gangrel

No one has OD cuz we're cops, dangit! Unless you're a sheriff... then you're thinking a liiiiiittle too much about color coordination.

The only reason I would use colored cuffs is to keep track of my own. A lot easier to just etch your badge number into the metal though. I prefer chain cuffs because they are the only ones really usable under our cuffing method. Going through the academy, I was cuffed tons of times by hinge cuffs, and I can testify that they freakin' hurt if not put on perfectly. There is no point in pissing off the person you take into custody (any more) by hurting them for no reason.
Old 07-17-2008, 18:29   #328
GTownGlockMan

Thanks guys, I should have done some searching first, what a rookie mistake.
Old 07-18-2008, 13:34   #329
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

My nickname used to be "Inspector Gadget" because my belt was packed FULL with zero space anywhere... but that is more a function of my size (31" waist) than anything else so I didn't have much space to begin with anyway.

I'll get a pic eventually, but I use the Bianchi nylon padded duty belt with the tri-release buckle with a Safariland 6004 thigh holster for the G21/M6 combo.

I have been using the Uncle Mike's molded belt keepers because they are more durable than the regular nylon keepers since they don't fray and they are nearly indestructable. They also are very grippy so your belt does not slide around laterally at all which is good since you don't want your gear to migrate on you during the day.
Old 07-20-2008, 14:58   #330
mrwilmoth

some awesome setups. anyone use the nylon gear just in the summer?
Old 07-20-2008, 15:05   #331
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I use nylon gear all year round. No point in going back to leather ever...

Bianchi padded nylon belt, Uncle Mike's molded keepers, Safariland 6004 holster, and the standard accoutrements of the job such as the mag case, tape recorder case, latex glove case, radio holder, double cuff case (no space for 2 single cuff cases), ASP holder, flashlight holder, OC holder.

Silent, lightweight, durable, non-reflective, and easy to maintain... and cheap too! What else can you ask for?
Old 07-20-2008, 23:48   #332
GenoTac Ind.
|KYDEX GEAR>

I guess I could be an updated update on my belts, thanks to Wprebeck, i have more stuff on it.
Nylon for BDUs. Hi-gloss for Class A's only.
The SHOT ShowCase
Old 07-20-2008, 23:55   #333
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Your rig looks as packed as mine! You must be skinny too.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:02   #334
GenoTac Ind.
|KYDEX GEAR>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Your rig looks as packed as mine! You must be skinny too.
Yup! 31" waist!
Old 07-21-2008, 14:43   #335
trdvet

I had to fiddle with mine for an hour or two. The belt has the velcro stuff on the inside and then I wear a velcro belt.

The SHOT ShowCase
The SHOT ShowCase
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
Old 07-21-2008, 20:55   #336
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

That's a lot of prime real estate you got there open for developing, TRDVET!
Old 07-22-2008, 17:52   #337
trdvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
That's a lot of prime real estate you got there open for developing, TRDVET!
No fooling, I wear a 33" waist in pants so I'm not sure how I accomplished this feat. I'm sure they will figure something else out to put on my belt, most likely a battery for the all the crap I'll have to carry in the future.
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
Old 07-23-2008, 00:40   #338
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I wear a size 31" pants but my belt has ZERO space... I can't even fit an extra keeper. How sad is that.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:01   #339
Jade Falcon
Gimmie TITANS!

My belt from my days as a mall ninja. Easy to see, with a light brown uniform, why I was mistakened for a cop numerous times which, btw, was a-okay by me, lol.

Pretty much Bianchi everything....holster is Safariland M6270 for my Glock 22. I no longer have this belt; I gave it to a coworker (minus the gun holster) in a deal that fell through due to lack of communication on my part when I left the company. He agreed to pay me $400 for everything except the holster, but I lost contact with him. Hopefully, he's happy with what he got, and uses it wisely (if it's of use to him at all, and if he's still even in Private Security). At the time, I swore I'd never go back to Private Security (spent 6 years doing it to no positive effect), but now I kinda wish I had kept the belt, just in case I hook up with a real LEO career down the road.

I really should give him a ring and let him know I'm still alive, and mail him the contract he signed "agreement to purchase".

EDIT: from advertisement...

From left to right:
• 26-inch ASP Baton in excellent shape w/ large pommel
• ASP adjustable Side-Break Holster w/ adjustable belt tension
• Bianchi Pager Pouch (always used as a latex glove pouch; works very well)
• Bianchi universal removable radio holster
• Mag-light D-cell flashlight ring
• Bianchi silent key ring holder
• Full-size handcuff key
• 2-pair Peerless Model 301 Hinged Handcuffs w/ very minor rust
• 2-pair Bianchi hinged handcuff holster
• Safariland Model 6270 Raptor Level II Retention Holster for Glock 17/22/31
• Sabre Red 3.3-oz OC canister (expires 09/2010-never used) with Bianchi Holster
• Bianchi Double-Stack Glock Magazine Holster (adjustable up-down or sideways)
NOT SHOWN: Bianchi Velcro belt insert and 4 belt keepers
Attached Thumbnails
The SHOT ShowCase - Click for larger version  
Old 07-26-2008, 09:07   #340
VirginiaLEO83
1*

No kidding - what kind of security were you doing?