Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2011, 17:13   #26
okie
GT Mayor

I like 1911's, Mopars and Classic rock music, I guess I like the finer things in life
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 17:27   #27
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

My name is Jason, and I live in MI.

I am part of a small group of pre2k members that still post to the forum with any regularity.
I have been blessed with getting to know some of our great posters in some of the out of the way places on GT. Those that know what I am talking about including Kilgore, know just how good some of GT's members really are.

While I know this forum is generally dedicated to the Glock pistol.
Everyone knows that the M1911 is king. In 20 years it will still reign supreme.

Wood and steel is still better than polymer and aluminum.
Even though AR's are fun to shoot. Most of us still enjoy the ability to own full capacity magazines, and military like weapons. I hope my children can one day enjoy the freedoms that I do.

PM-OP always.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787

Last edited by Jason D; 01-12-2011 at 17:29..
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 17:30   #28
mechanica
Texazonan.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Old 01-12-2011, 17:35   #29
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I think I'll be 45

But seriously, I think it's a cool idea.
I'll be knocking down 50 (hopefully.. )

On this day, Okie only has 113k posts... .
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 18:12   #30
Chad Landry
Cajunator®

I just asked my 11 year old son if he wants to shoot the 1911's this weekend. He said, "Sure!".

He'll be shooting my 1911's and his AR-15, as well as anything else in which he wants to burn ammo.

I hope he wants to shoulder the M1 Garand through a dozen or so clips.
Outpost Mod #69
Chad Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 18:32   #31
tarpleyg

I'm not usually one for this sort of stuff but you all are like family here in the GNG.

Been a rough past 6 months. My wife's dad died in November and I lost my dog Duke about a week later. Found out my mom has cancer and may only have about 2 years left.

On the bright side, I have a great wife, and wonderful little 3 year old girl, and another little girl on the way in June. We have jobs and a roof over our heads and don't want for anything except for everyone to stay healthy.

Anyway, here's to GT and everyone here. I hope we're all around 20 years from now and can check in here.

Greg

tarpleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 18:36   #32
gh0st614

Send a message via AIM to gh0st614
The Ice is in the Freezer.

Whats the point the world is ending in 2012.
SAR1
.40S&W Member #420
gh0st614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 18:41   #33
23skidoo
Deceased

Great idea!
Old 01-12-2011, 18:43   #34
Chad Landry
Cajunator®

In addition, it's 2011, and I still don't have to ask permission to buy guns, ammo, or shooting accessories.
Outpost Mod #69
Old 01-12-2011, 18:48   #35
Smashy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
...and this thread has not met an apathetic end...

Here's hoping that, 20 years from now, you won't have to add qualifiers like that when you start a thread.
Smashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 18:53   #36
Reissman

I am 40 with 4 kids and have been married 19 years. Hopefully in 20 years I will be 60, Married 39 years and have a house full of grand kids!
Old 01-12-2011, 19:16   #37
Mrs. VR
Administrator

In twenty years our nest will have emptied and hopefully started to refill with grandkids!

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 19:22   #38
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

In 20 years... wait, what!

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 19:23   #39
Chad Landry
Cajunator®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
In twenty years our nest will have emptied and hopefully started to refill with grandkids!
I'll probably be dead by then, or beyond recognition.
Outpost Mod #69
Old 01-12-2011, 19:32   #40
true believer

in 20 years i'll be 70...o'h crap!!
now they cant wait to get on the net and proudly display their ignorance over and over again"-
Dragoon44.
true believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 19:44   #41
GotGlock1917
Lifetime Membership

Today, I am disheartened that the people of our country (mostly yoots) couldn't handle life if they lost their cell phone and internet service.
Constant connectivity is not necessarily a good thing. Constantly yammering on their cells, texting, tweeting, facebooking, etc.

In 20 years I would like to see people wise up and get out and do something and not feel the need to instantly inform everybody of every detail of what they are doing.

Put down the phones and mobile devices and just enjoy being alive.
Outpost Member #96
GotGlock1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 20:05   #42
Tvov

I'll be 66 in 20 years, hopefully able to retire comfortably... but I am actually worried about that now, have been the last couple years. Wife and I are working on it, and 20 years from now should(!) be debt free and still be living in the same house.

Although, hopefully with that second bathroom added by then...

I hope to still be dragging a camper around and seeing the country. Possibly I'll be taking some grandkids along.

I figure I'll still be reading GlockTalk... but maybe by then it'll be one big internet "cloud" universe, and we'll all be sitting in round table discussions using our holographic selves...

Now? Well, I owe about 20 years worth of monthly checks on my house with its one bathroom, have too many bills, two teenagers in the house, drag a camper around, and sit around posting on GlockTalk. And a lovely wife who I still get along with.

See you all in 20 years!
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 21:19   #43
Hines57
Simple Member

Wow, almost 10 years to the day since I joined GT. Comparing where I was 10 years ago to where I am today makes me really wonder what another 20 years will bring. 10 years ago I was just starting a new career that I have thoroughly enjoyed but I doubt that it will last another 20 yrs. I kinda doubt I will make it another 20 yrs, and that doesn't bother me at all.

Life is pretty good. Work has been slow the last couple of years, but it will pick up. Got a house that I spend a lot of time working on. Still single, still okay with that. Done a lot of traveling, seen a lot of things, done the things that I have wanted to do. No real regrets.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 00:01   #44
G-Lock808

Im in the middle of the Pacific as I type this. I wonder where ill be 20 years from now.
G-Lock808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 00:36   #45
oceanwarrior

I hope to be around yet,in 20 years I'll be 75.
It is my hope that in 20 years we will still be able to bear arms as FREE men.
Hopefully the Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna will not be extinct.

I wonder what kind of technology we'll be using to read this thread.

Hope TEOTWAWKI never happens but if it does, I hope it will be natural not caused by Man.

Very curious to see what the primary energy source will be in 20 years.

oceanwarrior
oceanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 00:51   #46
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

My daughter will be 20 years old!

I will have grey pubes. My SS will probably have a lot of miles on it and I should be about 5 years from retirement. My wife will be just as beautiful.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:52   #47
johnd

Send a message via ICQ to johnd
Im getting up there and maybe its time to reflect on what happened in case anyone cares in 20 years. Ill be gone by then anyway Im sure.
Today is the day after the evening service for those shot in Tucson AZ and Im pretty amazed at what has happened to this country. In the time I have been here it has gone from a John Wayne attitude to today. And thats all we can say about that.
Over the years I have been hanging around GT the country has changed tremendously as has GT and its members...they seem younger today but are asking all the same questions ( and getting the same foolish answers) we all did 10 years ago when this thing started.
I remember a guy telling me he had a "Gee LOK" " one of those new fangled plastic guns, a Gee LOK" and wanted to trade some 45ACP for something that fit his Gee LOK

Some of the members are gone now and somehow we seem to feel that we knew them even though we never met.
Others have disappeared no one knows why or how but if they met their ultimate fate, no one knows about it on GT, they just stopped posting and probably no one knows who they really were here and no one is going to log on and tell the rest of us their fate....maybe we need somehow to set up a log in/check in/ alive ping or something....

This internet thing is really neat. I was in it from the very beginning and its getting better all the time. I cant imagine how we did things back then with 8K memory boards and teletype type "email" let alone boards like GT here.
Good luck to everyone, I hope GT lasts forever, put this OP and all the other interesting ones on a titanium CD and save it for 2000 years and then look back.
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30   #48
Whiskey Six
Platinum Membership
Marine 0369

Lots of great stuff so far. Good points about our freedoms. We still enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers envisioned. Will we still in 20 years?

Today we are in, what I believe, is a fight for our survival with radical Islam. They are determined to destroy our way of life. Who will prevail?

Where will our young people be? There is such an overload of sex, violence, drugs and despair in their lives today. How will they survive and thrive?

Will there ever be an end to the entitlement generations? Will the working middle class cease to exist? Will liberals ever open their eyes to reality?

Will we finally move on from oil and hydrocarbons? Sorry CJ but the oil will run out one day.

Today I can still hike deep into the wilderness and fish in clear mountain streams and even catch a nice trout occaisionlly. I can see wild bears, moose, elk and even mountain lions. Hope they're still around. I hope Colorado still has trees. The beetle kill is worse every year.

I plan to still be skiing in 20 years. I'll be 72 so no more moguls probably.

In 20 years I will have been with my girlfriend for 32 years. Still won't be married. LOL

Hope to still be around and hopefully I will have met many of you in person by then.

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not
first take from somebody else." Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005
Whiskey Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:01   #49
bac1023

I very rarely post in GNG, but I felt compelled to here.

Great idea, Eric.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:32   #50
engineer151515

Posting after bac . ..

So I can blather about .45GAP 20 years from now.