GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 19:45   #141
bulm540
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TN
Posts: 1,510
one more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Ra-..._order&list=UL damn software. I had to reload 4x.
__________________
formerly known as bulm5

Last edited by bulm540; 03-13-2011 at 19:45..
bulm540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 23:24   #142
GMV
Senior Member
 
GMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: boondocks
Posts: 458
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:16   #143
Putok-Glock
Senior Member
 
Putok-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: @MayonDotCom
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulm540 View Post
Shot production today. GLock 22
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulm540?feature=mhum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans3288 View Post
match from this weekend, sobra masama ang patama... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZxpSfxNQg
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMV View Post
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
Guys, I wish I can shoot and move as quick as you do!
__________________
Accuracy is simple but not easy...
BoG # 1935
Mayon Shooting and Hunting Sports Club
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20   #144
Putok-Glock
Senior Member
 
Putok-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: @MayonDotCom
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Minsan pag masama ang putok , di kaya nasosobrahan na kayo ng putok?
Pagnasa match ba , para gusto mo nalang matapos?
Kelangan din ipahinga utak sa laro and allow yourself to miss shooting
eto naramdaman ko kahapon sa lev 1 match in Naga city.
Sat am kasi nasa Armscor, Sat pm sa Karingal.
Then went for a 10hr drive home (w/ driver of course)
Sun pm laro pa sa Naga
__________________
Accuracy is simple but not easy...
BoG # 1935
Mayon Shooting and Hunting Sports Club
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:31   #145
mc_oliver
Senior Member
 
mc_oliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 5,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMV View Post
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
Nice pre, open ka na pala ngayon?

Work on your draw and mag change pards. Easily tig wa-1 sec agad na savings yan. 1 sec each for 5-7 stages, malaki agad. Be more aggressive getting to the gun.

Yung transitions mo mey definite pause ka, hinahanap mo ba dot? Damihan mo yung dot drill na multi-target. Shoot full-size A's muna tapos work on getting the "A-zone" smaller or move back para mas malayo target. Yun objective is to not lose the dot.

Depende kung papano pattern recognition mo, di lang yung dot yung importante. How the target looks like inside the scope is also important, yung dot confirmation lang kung san sa target ka tatama. Figure out kung ano yung magandang reference point mo para alam mo on-target ka agad, like yung shape ng target sa scope, or yung edge ng board nasa dulo ng scope, etc. Yung visualization importante sa walk-through para kita mo na agad mga visual cues bago mo pa hawakan baril mo.
__________________
-- Clear your Mind of CAN'T --
***
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:29   #146
GMV
Senior Member
 
GMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: boondocks
Posts: 458
Thanks pre! This is so enlightening!

Yup, I need to work on my draw and mag change. For the 1st video above, I shot the stage before Christian Panganiban. My time was 25.10 and 5 down. Si Christian took it in mid 22 sec. I didnít check his hits. So, naging basis ko is that Iím doing things 2-3 seconds slower.

Yup, I have a pause in my transitions, especially in half-boards. Mas mabilis pag full boards yung mga targets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhuFr3bDsE0

I try to practice every week sa Armscor MCS (hindi ako makaalis sa Makati because of work). I draw small circles on IPSC standard boards, the size of a patching tape. I shoot them at 5, 10 and 15 meters away. Tapos on my second board, I practice 2 shots at A zone at 5, 10 and 15 meters away. Iíll try to incorporate that multi-target dot drill.

Great advice on the pattern recognition and visualization! Iím relying solely on the dot. I should re-read Saul Kirschís and Matt Burkettís books. Andun nga pala yan, you can already break the shot once you see brown inside the scope.

Thanks pre! Sayang hindi ka na based dito! Pulos matatanda na Team BOGS kaya wala akong kasamang pumutok.... hehehehe


Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_oliver View Post
Nice pre, open ka na pala ngayon?

Work on your draw and mag change pards. Easily tig wa-1 sec agad na savings yan. 1 sec each for 5-7 stages, malaki agad. Be more aggressive getting to the gun.

Yung transitions mo mey definite pause ka, hinahanap mo ba dot? Damihan mo yung dot drill na multi-target. Shoot full-size A's muna tapos work on getting the "A-zone" smaller or move back para mas malayo target. Yun objective is to not lose the dot.

Depende kung papano pattern recognition mo, di lang yung dot yung importante. How the target looks like inside the scope is also important, yung dot confirmation lang kung san sa target ka tatama. Figure out kung ano yung magandang reference point mo para alam mo on-target ka agad, like yung shape ng target sa scope, or yung edge ng board nasa dulo ng scope, etc. Yung visualization importante sa walk-through para kita mo na agad mga visual cues bago mo pa hawakan baril mo.
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:46   #147
Allegra
Senior Member
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMV View Post
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
Pards, I'm guessing here kasi di ko nman kita distnce ng targets
Pero yung putok mo , putok standard pa , hindi pang open mga splits
but as I said , I'm just guessing pero yun una mapansin ko that would account for the 3 sec diff
__________________
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 22:47   #148
GMV
Senior Member
 
GMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: boondocks
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Pards, I'm guessing here kasi di ko nman kita distnce ng targets
Pero yung putok mo , putok standard pa , hindi pang open mga splits
but as I said , I'm just guessing pero yun una mapansin ko that would account for the 3 sec diff
Yes, fafa A. Mabagal nga talaga splits ko for open. Will also work on this one!
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:26   #149
ahtsay
Senior Member
 
ahtsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
eto naramdaman ko kahapon sa lev 1 match in Naga city.
Sat am kasi nasa Armscor, Sat pm sa Karingal.
Then went for a 10hr drive home (w/ driver of course)
Sun pm laro pa sa Naga
Uncle PG, 2nd ka sa Armscor (next to Jet), tapos 10th ka sa Karingal, so worth it na yung 10 hour drive mo. Congrats!! Iba talaga ang dedicated to the sport
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:08   #150
Putok-Glock
Senior Member
 
Putok-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: @MayonDotCom
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Uncle PG, 2nd ka sa Armscor (next to Jet), tapos 10th ka sa Karingal, so worth it na yung 10 hour drive mo. Congrats!! Iba talaga ang dedicated to the sport
Thanks bro, pero wala kasi yung magagaling kaya siguro ganun.
at Sa wakas, tinalo dinkita! Its a dream thats very rare/unusual to happen

Prob ko bro halos di na ako maka dry/live fire practice in the past weeks.
Im always on the road, kaya puro laro na lang sa match,
W/c I think will be bad for me eventually.
Sa match kasi wala naman naiimprove o natututohan na technical.
__________________
Accuracy is simple but not easy...
BoG # 1935
Mayon Shooting and Hunting Sports Club
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 22:29   #151
ahtsay
Senior Member
 
ahtsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
Thanks bro, pero wala kasi yung magagaling kaya siguro ganun.
at Sa wakas, tinalo dinkita! Its a dream thats very rare/unusual to happen

Prob ko bro halos di na ako maka dry/live fire practice in the past weeks.
Im always on the road, kaya puro laro na lang sa match,
W/c I think will be bad for me eventually.
Sa match kasi wala naman naiimprove o natututohan na technical.
Uncle PG, anytime kayang kaya niyo ako talunin. It's me na nakaka chamba sa inyo! Nice shooting though.

Ako naman, before walang practice, puro dry fire lang tapos putok ng matches sa weekend. Feeling ko parang I shot better before, kaysa ngayon that I am able to have 1 day live fire practice per week. Chaka lately parang I am spraying my shots. Ang bilis ng kalabit pero puro re-enage naman. Anyways, may bagong videos si Ans, ganda ng kuha! Ans post mo na!
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 23:45   #152
ans3288
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 668
at the request of ahtsay here are my videos... targets FAR, cadence was that of revolver! dont laugh altho my vids pang joke time lang...

NEPSA 2011 Level3 Challenge

Last edited by ans3288; 03-20-2011 at 23:58..
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:09   #153
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555
 
choi_tan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pasig
Posts: 1,674
nice vids ans.

sir PG congrats ha,. musta na aths



me no sanction match muna had to find time to practice muna, im starting to do well again on my personal observation im calling my shots faster now, my oly problem is a range tie as always.............
__________________
"If You Run, You Only Die Tired"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:59   #154
ahtsay
Senior Member
 
ahtsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,437
Choi, I'm trying out a new blaster designed by Ans It's very light and shoots really fast and accurate too. Parang nagiging believer na tuloy ako hehehe! But the trigger needs some work still.
Anong balita sa iyo? Business is good?
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:30   #155
ans3288
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 668
thanks choi, congrats uncle PG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choi_tan2000 View Post
nice vids ans.

sir PG congrats ha,. musta na aths

me no sanction match muna had to find time to practice muna, im starting to do well again on my personal observation im calling my shots faster now, my oly problem is a range tie as always.............
hey i didnt design that! you and mark did! sell all your 2011s already? switching na ba?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Choi, I'm trying out a new blaster designed by Ans It's very light and shoots really fast and accurate too. Parang nagiging believer na tuloy ako hehehe! But the trigger needs some work still.
Anong balita sa iyo? Business is good?
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 20:44   #156
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555
 
choi_tan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pasig
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Choi, I'm trying out a new blaster designed by Ans It's very light and shoots really fast and accurate too. Parang nagiging believer na tuloy ako hehehe! But the trigger needs some work still.
Anong balita sa iyo? Business is good?
ui your joining the darkside na rn pala bro, hahahaha so na B ka n mark the spark and ans? le me try it brotha.......

business is fine though not as good as before hehe, trying to be litle more agressive sa market now.

ans regards bro.


i wana try the dark side too, but a cheapo one my glock open kona kasi gumastos ng malaki eh. il be bringin my glock for comp pagbalik ko manila by friday hehe. Kuya PG got some mds n my munt and it now fits jr speed holster na.
__________________
"If You Run, You Only Die Tired"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 22:16   #157
Allegra
Senior Member
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,705
if it worked for the Marines , it can work for you

http://www.mensjournal.com/meditation-fit-for-a-marine

of course like everything else, if sarado na ang utak then it really wont work
__________________
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 23:04   #158
ahtsay
Senior Member
 
ahtsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by choi_tan2000 View Post
ui your joining the darkside na rn pala bro, hahahaha so na B ka n mark the spark and ans? le me try it brotha.......

business is fine though not as good as before hehe, trying to be litle more agressive sa market now.

ans regards bro.


i wana try the dark side too, but a cheapo one my glock open kona kasi gumastos ng malaki eh. il be bringin my glock for comp pagbalik ko manila by friday hehe. Kuya PG got some mds n my munt and it now fits jr speed holster na.
Choi, I'm not joining the Dark Side....they tried, pero hinde talaga nila akong kaya i convert hehehe! My new blaster is a steel hicap 1911 na short dust which is what Ans uses. Actually hinde naman siya new, it's just that ngayon lang ako nag ka reason to use it. I'm comparing it to the 2011 with plastic grips and I think both has it's pros and cons. Mas maganda yung reset ng STi ko, but this new gun has a great break sa trigger. The steel gun is actually lighter than my STi, so I can feel the weight difference when I run with it and sa transitions. The STi naman has been really reliable and will swallow any ammo I feed it. Naguguluhan na nga ako kung anong gagamitin ko sa Palawan eh
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 23:21   #159
ahtsay
Senior Member
 
ahtsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
if it worked for the Marines , it can work for you

http://www.mensjournal.com/meditation-fit-for-a-marine

of course like everything else, if sarado na ang utak then it really wont work
I would love to spend a few hours doing nothing, thinking of nothing, walang cellfone, walang tv, lahat wala. Ang sarap siguro nun I've attended a workshop by Landon Carter and medyo pareho tinuturo niya. Lately medyo magulo utak ko. I can't seem to focus and parang prone ako sa "last song syndrome". I sometimes wake up with a song playing in my head. It takes an effort for me to shut it out so that I can focus. I think there's just too much stress sa work
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:49   #160
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555
 
choi_tan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pasig
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Choi, I'm not joining the Dark Side....they tried, pero hinde talaga nila akong kaya i convert hehehe! My new blaster is a steel hicap 1911 na short dust which is what Ans uses. Actually hinde naman siya new, it's just that ngayon lang ako nag ka reason to use it. I'm comparing it to the 2011 with plastic grips and I think both has it's pros and cons. Mas maganda yung reset ng STi ko, but this new gun has a great break sa trigger. The steel gun is actually lighter than my STi, so I can feel the weight difference when I run with it and sa transitions. The STi naman has been really reliable and will swallow any ammo I feed it. Naguguluhan na nga ako kung anong gagamitin ko sa Palawan eh
I thinknyou miss you para ord na kasi. Bro use what you feel moat cmfort of the two good luck sa palawan bro
__________________
"If You Run, You Only Die Tired"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,186
301 Members
885 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42