GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 18:13   #126
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555
 
choi_tan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pasig
Posts: 1,674
wow nice shootin REVO Zen....
__________________
"If You Run, You Only Die Tired"

www.sterlingarms.multiply.com
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 18:33   #127
z_e_n
Senior Member
 
z_e_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawel View Post
.... kala ko ba pahinga muna :-D
Yup, ANS called me up saturday afternoon, bagay raw sa akin COF, alam mo naman ako... mabilis ma BI. hehehe i went to jeps place to reload saturday night and had a few beers. i think i play better when i have a bit of alcohol in my system or maybe it just makes me sleep better before a match
z_e_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 20:15   #128
ahtsay
Senior Member
 
ahtsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_e_n View Post
Yup, ANS called me up saturday afternoon, bagay raw sa akin COF, alam mo naman ako... mabilis ma BI. hehehe i went to jeps place to reload saturday night and had a few beers. i think i play better when i have a bit of alcohol in my system or maybe it just makes me sleep better before a match
I want to disagree on the alcohol in your system. I still remember the Wilson match
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 23:00   #129
ans3288
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 668
was i right or was i right re COF sa pampanga???? you got the bacon, it means para sa yo ang match na yan. congrats on your first level3 trophy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_e_n View Post
Yup, ANS called me up saturday afternoon, bagay raw sa akin COF, alam mo naman ako... mabilis ma BI. hehehe i went to jeps place to reload saturday night and had a few beers. i think i play better when i have a bit of alcohol in my system or maybe it just makes me sleep better before a match

please frame your long course score sheet on your wall to remind you of wilson PLEASE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
I want to disagree on the alcohol in your system. I still remember the Wilson match
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 23:22   #130
Allegra
Senior Member
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,702
re: alcohol

Pinagaralan ko rin yan dati
Pag out of town ang match walang tulugan , magdamag nasa gimik
While the other guys maaga matulog may dryfire pa bago humiga
Kinabukasan , parepareho lang naman ang results
Ultimately, it's what makes you relaxed before the match ang importante
I tried sleeping early and taking the match seriously, kinabukasan nagsasala lang ako from pressuring myself too much
Observe what works and do it again

I find Cebu matches the most difficult to shoot
Nakakaduling ang 4 movers per stage pag isang lingo ka na walang tulog hehe
__________________
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver

Last edited by Allegra; 03-07-2011 at 23:23..
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:52   #131
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555
 
choi_tan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pasig
Posts: 1,674
siguro fafa A the problem is becoming too serious about the game.

i think the key is to be too focus than serious........ if we are too serious our muscles tends to react properly the way our natural muscles do.... while being focus on the game you body and mind works well together
__________________
"If You Run, You Only Die Tired"

www.sterlingarms.multiply.com
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:13   #132
st. matthew
c_w@_u_need_2_c
 
st. matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,440
congrats guys! lalo na kay z_e_n
__________________
Do,or do not.There is no try. -Yoda

Under Stress, Simple is Good. -BE
st. matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21   #133
Putok-Glock
Senior Member
 
Putok-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: @MayonDotCom
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by choi_tan2000 View Post
siguro fafa A the problem is becoming too serious about the game.

i think the key is to be too focus than serious........ if we are too serious our muscles tends to react properly the way our natural muscles do.... while being focus on the game you body and mind works well together
kaya ayaw ko magtagal sa match,
bago tumalab pagiging serious ko, tapos na lahat stages

but totoo sabi ni Allegra, at least in my case,
kapag relaxed ka before the match,
magagawa mo yung karamihan na plano mo sa laro,
and thats what matters most
__________________
Accuracy is simple but not easy...
BoG # 1935
Mayon Shooting and Hunting Sports Club
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:51   #134
Allegra
Senior Member
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,702
Identify what you fear , and kill it
Relax, No fear!
__________________
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:59   #135
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555
 
choi_tan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pasig
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Identify what you fear , and kill it
Relax, No fear!
I like it
__________________
"If You Run, You Only Die Tired"

www.sterlingarms.multiply.com
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 15:58   #136
bulm540
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TN
Posts: 1,510
Shot production today. GLock 22
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulm540?feature=mhum
__________________
formerly known as bulm5
bulm540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:17   #137
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555
 
choi_tan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pasig
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
kaya ayaw ko magtagal sa match,
bago tumalab pagiging serious ko, tapos na lahat stages

but totoo sabi ni Allegra, at least in my case,
kapag relaxed ka before the match,
magagawa mo yung karamihan na plano mo sa laro,
and thats what matters most
Ayus to kuya i agree kelangan relax talaga
__________________
"If You Run, You Only Die Tired"

www.sterlingarms.multiply.com
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45   #138
ans3288
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 668
match from this weekend, sobra masama ang patama... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZxpSfxNQg
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:03   #139
Allegra
Senior Member
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,702
Minsan pag masama ang putok , di kaya nasosobrahan na kayo ng putok?
Pagnasa match ba , para gusto mo nalang matapos?
Kelangan din ipahinga utak sa laro and allow yourself to miss shooting
__________________
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 16:11   #140
ans3288
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 668
yesterday felt that way, am nursing a fever. anyway, learned my lesson, sana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Minsan pag masama ang putok , di kaya nasosobrahan na kayo ng putok?
Pagnasa match ba , para gusto mo nalang matapos?
Kelangan din ipahinga utak sa laro and allow yourself to miss shooting
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 19:45   #141
bulm540
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TN
Posts: 1,510
one more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Ra-..._order&list=UL damn software. I had to reload 4x.
__________________
formerly known as bulm5

Last edited by bulm540; 03-13-2011 at 19:45..
bulm540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 23:24   #142
GMV
Senior Member
 
GMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: boondocks
Posts: 458
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:16   #143
Putok-Glock
Senior Member
 
Putok-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: @MayonDotCom
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulm540 View Post
Shot production today. GLock 22
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulm540?feature=mhum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans3288 View Post
match from this weekend, sobra masama ang patama... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZxpSfxNQg
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMV View Post
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
Guys, I wish I can shoot and move as quick as you do!
__________________
Accuracy is simple but not easy...
BoG # 1935
Mayon Shooting and Hunting Sports Club
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20   #144
Putok-Glock
Senior Member
 
Putok-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: @MayonDotCom
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Minsan pag masama ang putok , di kaya nasosobrahan na kayo ng putok?
Pagnasa match ba , para gusto mo nalang matapos?
Kelangan din ipahinga utak sa laro and allow yourself to miss shooting
eto naramdaman ko kahapon sa lev 1 match in Naga city.
Sat am kasi nasa Armscor, Sat pm sa Karingal.
Then went for a 10hr drive home (w/ driver of course)
Sun pm laro pa sa Naga
__________________
Accuracy is simple but not easy...
BoG # 1935
Mayon Shooting and Hunting Sports Club
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:31   #145
mc_oliver
Senior Member
 
mc_oliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 5,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMV View Post
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
Nice pre, open ka na pala ngayon?

Work on your draw and mag change pards. Easily tig wa-1 sec agad na savings yan. 1 sec each for 5-7 stages, malaki agad. Be more aggressive getting to the gun.

Yung transitions mo mey definite pause ka, hinahanap mo ba dot? Damihan mo yung dot drill na multi-target. Shoot full-size A's muna tapos work on getting the "A-zone" smaller or move back para mas malayo target. Yun objective is to not lose the dot.

Depende kung papano pattern recognition mo, di lang yung dot yung importante. How the target looks like inside the scope is also important, yung dot confirmation lang kung san sa target ka tatama. Figure out kung ano yung magandang reference point mo para alam mo on-target ka agad, like yung shape ng target sa scope, or yung edge ng board nasa dulo ng scope, etc. Yung visualization importante sa walk-through para kita mo na agad mga visual cues bago mo pa hawakan baril mo.
__________________
-- Clear your Mind of CAN'T --
*** "MULTIPLY" me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:29   #146
GMV
Senior Member
 
GMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: boondocks
Posts: 458
Thanks pre! This is so enlightening!

Yup, I need to work on my draw and mag change. For the 1st video above, I shot the stage before Christian Panganiban. My time was 25.10 and 5 down. Si Christian took it in mid 22 sec. I didnít check his hits. So, naging basis ko is that Iím doing things 2-3 seconds slower.

Yup, I have a pause in my transitions, especially in half-boards. Mas mabilis pag full boards yung mga targets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhuFr3bDsE0

I try to practice every week sa Armscor MCS (hindi ako makaalis sa Makati because of work). I draw small circles on IPSC standard boards, the size of a patching tape. I shoot them at 5, 10 and 15 meters away. Tapos on my second board, I practice 2 shots at A zone at 5, 10 and 15 meters away. Iíll try to incorporate that multi-target dot drill.

Great advice on the pattern recognition and visualization! Iím relying solely on the dot. I should re-read Saul Kirschís and Matt Burkettís books. Andun nga pala yan, you can already break the shot once you see brown inside the scope.

Thanks pre! Sayang hindi ka na based dito! Pulos matatanda na Team BOGS kaya wala akong kasamang pumutok.... hehehehe


Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_oliver View Post
Nice pre, open ka na pala ngayon?

Work on your draw and mag change pards. Easily tig wa-1 sec agad na savings yan. 1 sec each for 5-7 stages, malaki agad. Be more aggressive getting to the gun.

Yung transitions mo mey definite pause ka, hinahanap mo ba dot? Damihan mo yung dot drill na multi-target. Shoot full-size A's muna tapos work on getting the "A-zone" smaller or move back para mas malayo target. Yun objective is to not lose the dot.

Depende kung papano pattern recognition mo, di lang yung dot yung importante. How the target looks like inside the scope is also important, yung dot confirmation lang kung san sa target ka tatama. Figure out kung ano yung magandang reference point mo para alam mo on-target ka agad, like yung shape ng target sa scope, or yung edge ng board nasa dulo ng scope, etc. Yung visualization importante sa walk-through para kita mo na agad mga visual cues bago mo pa hawakan baril mo.
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:46   #147
Allegra
Senior Member
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMV View Post
Last weekend's QCHS Shoot at Armscor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHkvYIx-L_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qup2TW9T7_4

How do I speed up a little bit more (i.e., lower my time by 1 to 3 seconds)?
Pards, I'm guessing here kasi di ko nman kita distnce ng targets
Pero yung putok mo , putok standard pa , hindi pang open mga splits
but as I said , I'm just guessing pero yun una mapansin ko that would account for the 3 sec diff
__________________
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 22:47   #148
GMV
Senior Member
 
GMV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: boondocks
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Pards, I'm guessing here kasi di ko nman kita distnce ng targets
Pero yung putok mo , putok standard pa , hindi pang open mga splits
but as I said , I'm just guessing pero yun una mapansin ko that would account for the 3 sec diff
Yes, fafa A. Mabagal nga talaga splits ko for open. Will also work on this one!
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:26   #149
ahtsay
Senior Member
 
ahtsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
eto naramdaman ko kahapon sa lev 1 match in Naga city.
Sat am kasi nasa Armscor, Sat pm sa Karingal.
Then went for a 10hr drive home (w/ driver of course)
Sun pm laro pa sa Naga
Uncle PG, 2nd ka sa Armscor (next to Jet), tapos 10th ka sa Karingal, so worth it na yung 10 hour drive mo. Congrats!! Iba talaga ang dedicated to the sport
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:08   #150
Putok-Glock
Senior Member
 
Putok-Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: @MayonDotCom
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Uncle PG, 2nd ka sa Armscor (next to Jet), tapos 10th ka sa Karingal, so worth it na yung 10 hour drive mo. Congrats!! Iba talaga ang dedicated to the sport
Thanks bro, pero wala kasi yung magagaling kaya siguro ganun.
at Sa wakas, tinalo dinkita! Its a dream thats very rare/unusual to happen

Prob ko bro halos di na ako maka dry/live fire practice in the past weeks.
Im always on the road, kaya puro laro na lang sa match,
W/c I think will be bad for me eventually.
Sa match kasi wala naman naiimprove o natututohan na technical.
__________________
Accuracy is simple but not easy...
BoG # 1935
Mayon Shooting and Hunting Sports Club
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:08.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,245
357 Members
888 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42