Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2011, 22:42   #581
Putok-Glock

heres my run in Macmac lev 2 last fri

http://youtu.be/FlYUFekG_-k

my 1st stage was a total disaster
9rnds all steel from mid range, finished it w/ 16, muntik na mag static reload!
I ripped the trigger as fast as I could acquire acceptable sight pic
it might qualify to what Allegra said, "Parang makina yan, if you overspeed sasabog"

I had my new under armour shoes on, per input from posts here
it is a good gear, tnx bros.

hope you can post some vids of your own so we can compare
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 23:29   #582
ans3288

nice shooting uncle PG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post

it might qualify to what Allegra said, "Parang makina yan, if you overspeed sasabog"

ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:01   #583
sandman_sy

hehehe, nice shooting. :P

Shiny shoes

I could not believe my eyes, naka 6th place ako sa level 2 sa Butuan

Unfreakin believable my 1st serious match with MY NEW GUN hahahahah

Have my new STI unit, i sold my TROJAN na and just transferred back to high cap. Plates and poppers just fell, being a single stack player pushed me to be as accurate as possible, so steel ang specialty ko Movement, malaki pa daw kulang ko as my fellow shooters pointed out, i walk in "tiny" steps daw. I need to change that. don't have any videos of it. SAYANG :(

Last edited by sandman_sy; 08-07-2011 at 07:44..
sandman_sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:52   #584
ans3288

my macmac match, it was disastrous! but it feels great to be back in standard

anson's FUNNIEST RANGE VIDEOS
Old 08-07-2011, 08:26   #585
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_sy View Post
hehehe, nice shooting. :P

Shiny shoes

I could not believe my eyes, naka 6th place ako sa level 2 sa Butuan

Unfreakin believable my 1st serious match with MY NEW GUN hahahahah

Have my new STI unit, i sold my TROJAN na and just transferred back to high cap. Plates and poppers just fell, being a single stack player pushed me to be as accurate as possible, so steel ang specialty ko Movement, malaki pa daw kulang ko as my fellow shooters pointed out, i walk in "tiny" steps daw. I need to change that. don't have any videos of it. SAYANG :(
tiny steps?
How do you run w/out a gun? much faster i hope
Sa practice, run a course of fire w/out a gun
Just a mag
Pilitin mo bilisan ang takbo
Run it 5x fullspeed, then run it ulit w/ a gun
Pag mabilis na , then shoot it live

Kung mabagal pa din , start playing basketball or badminton
Nakakabilisng galaw
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:56   #586
sandman_sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
tiny steps?
How do you run w/out a gun? much faster i hope
Sa practice, run a course of fire w/out a gun
Just a mag
Pilitin mo bilisan ang takbo
Run it 5x fullspeed, then run it ulit w/ a gun
Pag mabilis na , then shoot it live

Kung mabagal pa din , start playing basketball or badminton
Nakakabilisng galaw
I think i run in small steps... i think. can i run faster? i know i can.

Sir, now that i think of it, i think it was the DQ that i got sa Davao Nationals. We shot the whole course in 1 day.. on the last stage, with the sandy floor, my knees just gave in. Finger was out, but my gun came to a 180++.. safety was in my head at the time, i remember all i can remember is "muzzle, muzzle" but i was too outbalanced. i fell.. butt first, got DQed which was fair enough.

These days, i don't run full blast or should i say, i choose not to run 100% full blast. i think 90% lang. Just enough.. i know i can run faster, but parang nakakatakot. I get creamed in stages that require super long distance running. i remember level 3 and 4 competitions. Where they have these stages to make you haul ass, and end up gasping for wind at the end with 8 plates to shoot :P heheheh

but i will try that sir. the steps that you suggested.

BTW: i have a question, do you run will all your might?? in stages?? will you lose your posture and lose time acquiring sights with your heart jumping like a jackrabbit, and your hands going with as u gasp for air.

Last edited by sandman_sy; 08-07-2011 at 09:00..
sandman_sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 19:08   #587
Allegra

yup, i run at full speed pero may control naman kasi you have to change direction or stop completely
If your afraid of getting tired or end up gasping for air , you need to exercise to increase aerobic capacity
Crosstrain in other sports
Ganyan talaga, it's just the nature of the game

Kung mental ang cause ng slow running due to the DQ
Do a lot of dry ( empty gun )running ng cofs sa practice till you get confident running fullspeed w/ a loaded gun ulit

gamitin ang mga high tech nyong cel fones and record your runs

yan din plano ko gawin
after a decade of retiremnt from ipsc, totally wala na skills at burado na ang muscle memory
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 08-07-2011, 19:41   #588
ans3288

nice tip fafa A! il keep thos things in mind!

kala ko shooting ipsc like riding a bike, after a few tries it all comes back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
yup, i run at full speed pero may control naman kasi you have to change direction or stop completely
If your afraid of getting tired or end up gasping for air , you need to exercise to increase aerobic capacity
Crosstrain in other sports
Ganyan talaga, it's just the nature of the game

Kung mental ang cause ng slow running due to the DQ
Do a lot of dry ( empty gun )running ng cofs sa practice till you get confident running fullspeed w/ a loaded gun ulit

gamitin ang mga high tech nyong cel fones and record your runs

yan din plano ko gawin
after a decade of retiremnt from ipsc, totally wala na skills at burado na ang muscle memory
Old 08-07-2011, 22:12   #589
ahtsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post

Uncle PG, I don't think your 1st stage was a disaster at all, feeling mo lang yun. Even though madaming re-engagements, mabilis pa din naman. I also had problems with those plates. Come to think of it, maybe we should have just shot the plates first before mowing down the poppers. Would it be faster? I notice in shooting steel, mas may focus early in the run. After you start hitting the targets, the mind seem to relax and that's where the problems come in. That's where my "dasal" and "hoping" comes in....near the end of the runs. I'm posting my vid so that we can compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUcI0ZuJTB0

I notice everytime I "think" I made a mistake, I tend to slow down. I noticed in the video, after re engaging static targets a third time, I slow down. I remember in my mind I was telling myself : "Shet! May tama ba yun????!!!" It just proves the point that if you're thinking while shooting, then you're not going at maximum speed.

Also do you notice in our video ni Ans, you can always hear a voice in the background, si OCA yun It's distracting minsan since I can hear him while I'm shooting and I worry that I did something wrong. Pero when you're watching the video, medyo nakakatawa na.

Uncle PG, when did you shoot? Nice weather. We were kinda shooting in the rain. It wasn't pouring naman, but ambon ambon. We had to stop for around 30mins kasi biglang bumuhos.
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:33   #590
stanship

great run PG and Ahtsay on the courses.
next time will take video din to see myself shooting

shot the plates in 9.92 secs.
i think i shot the other COFs nicely, except that 16 rounder stage where i incurred 2 misses kasi nagmamadali ako. my bad.

PG, did you bag the STD SR trophy?

Last edited by stanship; 08-08-2011 at 03:33..
stanship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:00   #591
Putok-Glock

@sandman, Congrats for the very good finish,
surprise is good, but expect is not
if your steps/stride is naturally small, work on speeding them up
we couldnt all be the same no matter how we wanted to emulate somebody else
I posted this b4 here in BOG but I will re-post it: do not be awestruck by other people and try to copy them. nobody can be you as effeciently as YOU can
but it does not mean sarado na isip natin
hth

@Ans, Ahts, nice runs bros.
we always had different approaches to same problems but the best ones were the ones we executed to a tee
that all steel stage wasnt really a good run but I purposely shot it that way w/ a lot of focus on speed
it was an eye opener to say the least
I never thought I could hit those in that rate of fire, it was way beyond my normal pace, but I did hit them!
also it showed me how was my trigger control = need to work in that mode
in the other 9rnd stage where the start is seated behind a barricade, contrary to the norm, I purposely went behind the chair going to the other side of the barricade because it felt more spacious and comfrtable for me to maneuver. I didnt know if it was more effecient, my time there was 6+ sec, afew downs, yours?

@stan, I shot that stage in 11.+ secs
but I had no regrets
if given the chance, I will shoot it same way again and again until I hit those targets w/o any re-engagement
as to the match results, I have not seen it yet
but I dont care much about it
Im in learning and rebeling mode now

guys it really felt good to venture outside of our comfort zone in real match scenario,
we have nothing to lose (maybe a face only) and evrything to gain
we wont lose any ground, in fact its the opposite, we conquer a lot of fears
try it sometime

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 08-08-2011 at 07:15..
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12   #592
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUcI0ZuJTB0

I notice everytime I "think" I made a mistake, I tend to slow down. I noticed in the video, after re engaging static targets a third time, I slow down. I remember in my mind I was telling myself : "Shet! May tama ba yun????!!!" It just proves the point that if you're thinking while shooting, then you're not going at maximum speed.

Also do you notice in our video ni Ans, you can always hear a voice in the background, si OCA yun It's distracting minsan since I can hear him while I'm shooting and I worry that I did something wrong. Pero when you're watching the video, medyo nakakatawa na.
and I notice your movements and shots were a bit more tentative, why was that?
it could be the reason for the 3rd shot not the other way around?
if youre distracted by what you hear, try double plugging but no electronic muffs
It also helps me from flinching too much
Old 08-08-2011, 07:49   #593
stanship

right-on PG, nothing to lose but a lot to learn.

shot the other 9 rounder but started on the left, with time of 6.51 sec, 5A's & 4C's.

yun all plates (just got home and checked my score sheet) 9.22 sec pala

++++

hope to see you next week sa magnus cup. nakakausap ka ba at naiistorbo sa match?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:41   #594
ahtsay

Uncle PG, I was discussing that 9 rounder stage with Ans sa phone kanina, where you walked behind the chair. It was really smooth and you beat us. My time was 7+ seconds. I was telling Anson that I saw people do that when we were shooting. However when I was doing my walkthrough, parang masikip kasi. I didn't know how to position my feet. However when I saw you do it, swabeng swabe!!!

As for the distractions, I was more distracted by my 3rd shot than the noise I was hearing. Parang after shooting the 3rd shot, I instantly have "regrets" for not calling my 2nd shot properly which then caused the 3rd shot hehehe!!! Also after re-engaging, sakto nalang bala ko sa mag. In 2 instances I had to rack the slide after my mag change kasi chamber empty na. So I had to shoot more carefully din since wala na akong bala; if I had to re-engage, that would mean a standing reload na.
Old 08-08-2011, 18:07   #595
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanship View Post
shot the other 9 rounder but started on the left, with time of 6.51 sec, 5A's & 4C's.

hope to see you next week sa magnus cup. nakakausap ka ba at naiistorbo sa match?
san ka dumaan across, sa harap o likod ng chair?
the reason I was so interested was, nung nandun ako sa stage nagiisa lang ako, nobody to compare w/
technically mas malapit ung daan sa harap but I felt crammed doing that
feeling-wise mas relaxed ung sa likod dadaan but mas physically/technically mas malayo
there were times in matches that I had 2nd thoughts doing what I felt and go the technically effecient way but most of the time w/ not so good executions
here I experimented going my way, and execution was ok

bro, I plan to play magnus on fri only, sat sun kasi may prev commitments ako
bakit naman d pwde usap sa match?
wala naman sa rule book yun ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Uncle PG, I was discussing that 9 rounder stage with Ans sa phone kanina,
I sure envy you,
dito wala ako makausap ng ganyan, not even 1 baka nasa sa akin ang prob?
kaya sariling kayud ako lagi

advise ko sayo always treat him well, lalo na sa mga foods, para di sya mangayayat
Old 08-08-2011, 20:08   #596
stanship

dumaan ako in front of the chair. not too cramp for me kasi hindi naman ako kalakihan ng size

my first plan was to shoot it starting from the right, but all of my team mates inuna yun left, kaya ginaya ko na din

i noticed in your video na binigyan mo ng tatlo yun farthest target sa left side, siguro kung 2 shots lang you would also shot the cof under 7 secs?

+++++

i can only shoot on weekends due to office works on weekdays. will chat with you in other competition venue kapag saturday ka pumutok at magkita tayo

there are a lot of times that i shoot by myself when my club mates shoot on fridays, that i cannot compare how i shoot the cof. more often than not, my match points were better kasi mas concentrated ako :super grin:
Old 08-08-2011, 22:30   #597
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans3288 View Post
nice tip fafa A! il keep thos things in mind!

kala ko shooting ipsc like riding a bike, after a few tries it all comes back to you
ay marunong pa naman ako bumaril haha
pero deliberate na galaw, I have to focus
Di tulad dati everything is automatic and smooth
Kaya mabagal at tentative

I surprised it took this long ma erode and muscle memory
I shoot 2 or 3 level1s a year and i could feel the skill unti unti na erode
Pero my last match a few months ago, totally wala nako naramdaman automatic movements

and speaking of automatic movements
natatawa ako sa mga nagpapaturo minsan
They seem to think there's a super secret technique that will instantly tranform them into a top shooter
When they realize gano kahirap boring mag practice ng seryoso , they stop
Do the American ipsc guys have a scret technique na di natin alam?
I doubt it
They just work harder and reklamo less
- the Camel Driver
Old 08-08-2011, 22:53   #598
ahtsay

Uncle PG, for the past how many years now, naging routinary na yung week to week schedule ko. Shoot on Sunday...then on Monday discuss with Ans what happened on Sunday and what we could have done better. Lately may videos pa, so we can actually review to see what we did wrong hehehe!! Tapos usually around Tuesday we are beginning to hunt for the results of the match kung na post na ba o hinde pa. Then come Wed or Thursday, yung usapan naman would be saan puputok sa Sunday and kung nag load na ba kami hahahaha!!!

BTW, if you look at our first stage sa video (yung stage sa left most bay, closest to the registration table). We had a completely different approach in shooting the stage but our times were basically the same. You were shooting a lot more on the move, and you were favoring the right side more than the left (you engaged the left targets from the right side). Ako naman, I was moving right to left to right to left. It's really interesting that we ended up same time. Anson shot it differently than me too. He favored the left side naman, shooting the right targets from there.

Uncle PG, kung naka unlimited ka, pwede tayo conference call with Ans. Yung lang nga, we would need to charge our phones everday and I'm sure our productivity will suffer hehehe!!!

Last edited by ahtsay; 08-08-2011 at 22:55..
Old 08-09-2011, 04:55   #599
jawel

magnus on sunday ako! will try to bring a camera this time,

ako din medyo on the front heavy side but lately ive been drinking banaba tea to try to slim down, will see kung may effect ba to sa match. hehehehe
jawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50   #600
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanship View Post
i noticed in your video na binigyan mo ng tatlo yun farthest target sa left side, siguro kung 2 shots lang you would also shot the cof under 7 secs?
I called my 1st 2 shots on the farthest target a D and a C in that order, both at 1 o'clock but the D was too close to the tacker line for comfort so I immediately re-engaged it and had an A. Upon verification my calls were quite precise. The D was about 2" from the edge.
My scoresheet said I had 8A, 1C in 6.42sec.
If w/o the 3rd shot my time would still be a bit more or less 6 sec. But thats a lot of conjecture so I better forget it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawel View Post
magnus on sunday ako! will try to bring a camera this time,

ako din medyo on the front heavy side but lately ive been drinking banaba tea to try to slim down, will see kung may effect ba to sa match. hehehehe
pls do bring it, dont just try
and btw, being front heavy is a big aid in recoil management
so you better think twice

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 08-09-2011 at 16:52.. Reason: spelling