SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:20   #276
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Uncle PG, I was having a bad match....when I got to this stage, I told myself hahabol ako sa stage na ito. It was simple and I thought I can make up some points. Unfortunately the ground was rocky and full of loose pebbles. Doon ako nadulas, sa mga loose bato bato. The funny thing was may nakasama ako sa "shuttle" going back to the hotel and he was telling me he also slipped.....on the exact same stage, on the exact same place . Yung masama sa kanya, he landed on his holster and it broke daw hehehehe!!!
What I'm really disappointed at is in my magazines. They were very unreliable considering the springs were new. Tapos I have to clean them every time I drop them. Sobrang hassle kasi walang table or chairs to put your stuff, plus ang init pa. It came to a point na ayaw ko mag change mag as much as possible, para hinde ko kailangang linisin
In spite of everything that happened, I'm really happy with this match. I was shooting with some great shooters (one of which is/was student ni Allegra) and I found that I can actually keep up with them. However, hinde ko lang ma sustain. Sila kaya nila all 18 stages, same speed, ako I notice I fade and go back to my old self.
fafa , sino pala kasabay mo?
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:01   #277
ahtsay

Allegra ka squad ko sila Eric Cordero and Daryl Flores. They don't seem to be bothered too much by the heat, while ako parang gusto ko nang mag wala sa init Chaka ang bibilis nila, nakaka hilo! Hehe!

Uncle PG, i don't want to give excuses but hinde ko talaga kaya yung init eh. I have a thick layer of fat hehe! But I'm really happy though, I seemed to have found another "gear" that I can use. What I did was just imitate sila Eric and Daryl and in some stages I could actually do it. So this kinda gave me a new level of confidence. It was such a priviledge to be able to shoot with them. Can't wait to try this out sa level1

Last edited by ahtsay; 04-19-2011 at 11:05..
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 17:06   #278
Allegra

a ok , huli ko yata nakita si daryl teenager pa

alin ang inimitate mo?
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-19-2011, 17:11   #279
ans3288

thank u uncle PG, it was just that the big dogs were in palawan at malayo bolinao kaya nasa top 5 ako need a lots of practice at dami pa pwede gawin to shorten my times, salamat sa mga tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
CONGRATS Ans! #4 overall std div Bolinao Lev 2 Match
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 17:57   #280
Putok-Glock

Ahts, I dont know Daryl but I know eric and seen him shoot a lot of times. He moves and shoots fast. But the couple of times Ive seen you shoot, Im in the belief that you move and shoot that fast too, and could be faster, inspite of.... Maybe its just how you feel about your speed. Its normal to see somebody shoot and say hes faster than you, when in fact you dont know it really until you have run the cof in your own way. I had experienced it a lot of times in matches. A lot of younger shooters in their 20s/30s run a cof blazing fast (in my eyes) but when my time to shoot comes, I do my best to shoot w/in my own pace, not theirs. And I felt too slow compared to what I saw in them. But a lot of instances my times were just a sec or 2 behind them and my hits were far better than theirs. But Im going 51 soon!

My point is, if you want speed don't push it in a big match. Your present pace/skill could be already be enough to be competitive if you only give them a chance to let them work for you...If the skills are lacking, you cannot force it no matter what, but give it time and effort in other venues and eventually you will have it. And beware of imitating others, its their style not yours, it could limit you from reaching your own potentials w/c could be far better than theirs. Oh, I know you knew all of these already, but it doesnt hurt to be reminded from time to time by a sr citizen

do I sound like I have more confidence in you than you have in your ability?

PS. Im not too concerned about the match results. Im more on how you see and digest your perf. But I was not there so my opinions could have wider margins of error.
and the idea of a separate thread for "shooting tips" may already be incorporated here, "as the match experience come along" so to speak. its could be more accurate as it comes from the heat of the battle...like your fresh expeience fr Palawan now.

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 04-19-2011 at 18:00..
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 21:26   #281
sandman_sy

Quote:
Allegra ka squad ko sila Eric Cordero and Daryl Flores. They don't seem to be bothered too much by the heat, while ako parang gusto ko nang mag wala sa init Chaka ang bibilis nila, nakaka hilo! Hehe!

Uncle PG, i don't want to give excuses but hinde ko talaga kaya yung init eh. I have a thick layer of fat hehe! But I'm really happy though, I seemed to have found another "gear" that I can use. What I did was just imitate sila Eric and Daryl and in some stages I could actually do it. So this kinda gave me a new level of confidence. It was such a priviledge to be able to shoot with them. Can't wait to try this out sa level1
Bro Ahts.. we have the same problem. pag.init.. patay na.. what i found to be useful is bring 2x the Gatorade and water :P and I never let myself be thirsty. When your thristy.. its your body saying your dehydrated na. and we.. uhm.. plus size people have to carry our own weight. delicado hahahahah. it doesn't eliminate it, but sure helps with the heat problem.
Old 04-20-2011, 00:50   #282
ahtsay

Uncle PG, I think you are correct. Iba talaga ang magaling mag observe. It was the wrong time to go full speed, sacrificing consistency. I actually still got my share of Alphas like a regular match, however dumami mikes ko than usual. I think one of the reason why I sometimes end up with a nice standing sa matches is that I take extra precaution not to miss. Medyo parang piso piso nalang nga feeling ko eh. Sa match sa Palawan, I was worried my squad mates might laugh at me if I shoot that way, so I started shooting the way they shot with dire consequences. Charge ko nalang itong match sa experience. hehehe! But it's really weird, when you see other people shoot, you sometimes feel that they are way faster than you. But when you compare the times, it's not necessarily true. I guess time really is relative.

Uncle PG the first time I saw you shoot was at the BOG match in 2006 ata. You were already really fast and when I saw your video, I was like "is that guy even aiming??" hahaha! Hinde pa tayo magkakilala nun. Pero even after 5 years, you are still just as fast.

Allegra, I followed Daryl's and Eric's programming and cadence. What I notice is that most of my mikes were "lazy" mikes. I had 3 mikes sa swingers. I think most of which are the second shot. I call my first shot, then get lazy with the second shot "hoping" pumasok siya. Hinde ko lang kaya yung takbong mabilis nila, so I try to cheat by shooting more on the move and not stopping completely.

Sandman, wala kaming mahanap na bad boy sa range. I had to carry 10 bottles of drinks. So I kept drinking them para lang hinde ko na kailangang bitbitin hahaha! I wasn't really dehydrated, but I was tired from the heat. Pero good tip! From experience, sometimes you won't know you're dehydrated until its too late. So just keep drinking.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:05   #283
sandman_sy

Quote:

My point is, if you want speed don't push it in a big match. Your present pace/skill could be already be enough to be competitive if you only give them a chance to let them work for you...If the skills are lacking, you cannot force it no matter what, but give it time and effort in other venues and eventually you will have it. And beware of imitating others, its their style not yours, it could limit you from reaching your own potentials w/c could be far better than theirs. Oh, I know you knew all of these already, but it doesnt hurt to be reminded from time to time by a sr citizen
+1

I remember Matt Burkett mentioined this in his video.. going 95% on matches are better than pushing yourself at 100% and not being consistent on matches.

Another thing i remember.. there was a USPSA match.. i think Nationals nila... Rob Leatham as i recall did get none or just very few STAGE champions.. but still won the event becoz he was consistent throughout the whole match.

I myself have learned this a bit and was surprised how well i did when the results was emailed to me. I play single stack.. and still managed to place 18th.. to me, thats a WTH moment (@70%) . i usually get around 50-60 at most.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:32   #284
Allegra

Quote:
Uncle PG, I think you are correct. Iba talaga ang magaling mag observe. It was the wrong time to go full speed, sacrificing consistency. I actually still got my share of Alphas like a regular match, however dumami mikes ko than usual. I think one of the reason why I sometimes end up with a nice standing sa matches is that I take extra precaution not to miss. Medyo parang piso piso nalang nga feeling ko eh. Sa match sa Palawan, I was worried my squad mates might laugh at me if I shoot that way, so I started shooting the way they shot with dire consequences. Charge ko nalang itong match sa experience. hehehe! But it's really weird, when you see other people shoot, you sometimes feel that they are way faster than you. But when you compare the times, it's not necessarily true. I guess time really is relative.

Uncle PG the first time I saw you shoot was at the BOG match in 2006 ata. You were already really fast and when I saw your video, I was like "is that guy even aiming??" hahaha! Hinde pa tayo magkakilala nun. Pero even after 5 years, you are still just as fast.

Allegra, I followed Daryl's and Eric's programming and cadence. What I notice is that most of my mikes were "lazy" mikes. I had 3 mikes sa swingers. I think most of which are the second shot. I call my first shot, then get lazy with the second shot "hoping" pumasok siya. Hinde ko lang kaya yung takbong mabilis nila, so I try to cheat by shooting more on the move and not stopping completely.

Sandman, wala kaming mahanap na bad boy sa range. I had to carry 10 bottles of drinks. So I kept drinking them para lang hinde ko na kailangang bitbitin hahaha! I wasn't really dehydrated, but I was tired from the heat. Pero good tip! From experience, sometimes you won't know you're dehydrated until its too late. So just keep drinking.
Minsan din kasi , if you dont push yourself , you wont know what you really can do
I've never been a follower of the " competing w/ yourself" crowd
Probably because i'm lazy , i need motivation
The best motivation is a kalaban that I wana beat
Hahahanap ka lang din ng kalaban , piliin mo na yung mga magagaling
You'll have nothing to lose
Ang mahahatak nila ang laro mo
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-21-2011, 21:54   #285
Putok-Glock

could'nt agree more to the above post, its true and quite correct, at least to me.
I think the key word there is "Minsan", not always.

also, I might add, one important aspect to learn is when to push and when not to. This could not be the same to all as its derived from personal experience. I do a lot of pushing my limits when in practice sessions, sometimes in matches where I planned/decided beforehand to experiment. But a lot of times in matches I focus on control because to me this is the harder part to do where pressure, adrenalin and a lot of distractions can easily make me shoot at the edge of my skills or out of control.

I also believe this is directly related to consistency of performance. I could not shoot a 5, 10 or 18-stage match w/ consistency if I shoot each cof or some of them at the edge of my ability because I happened to be squadded w/ good shooters (as Ahtsay was). Somewhere along the match Im gonna crash and burn. Its not what I want but it will happen because its almost impossible to do what I do not have and dont know how.

as to motivations, I think its more personal. Each and every one react differently to different or same inputs. and in any sports/endeavor, exposure and experience teach us what better suit our personality. and Im always cautious of what I think, what I want and what I really need. These things are sometimes quite deifferent from each other and can easily be interchanged w/o me realizing it and could easily mislead me.

bottom line for me, in a match I focus on how my mental, technical and physical capabilities should work together to have an optimum performance as a whole. this has nothing to do w/ winning or ranking in a match. But ranking high overall or winning the match would feel great. But its not the main goal, it is performing to my optimum level. Before and during the match, the desire to win, to beat the competitions and similar thoughts are distractions on my focus to perform. I also said before the match, because the premise is similar in my practice sessions. I focus on my practice, on the skills or techique Im learning. Thinking about an upcoming match devides my attention to what Im practicing and any aspect in the match Im thinking. If I let it go on, I wont learn much in my practice sessions, it will just be a waste of time and effort.
Old 04-25-2011, 20:17   #286
ahtsay

Uncle PG, after giving a lot of thought about the match in Palawan, I think what you wrote is absolutely correct. I lost my greatest asset which is "consistency" during the match because I was trying too hard just to keep up. Not only that, I was given the impression that my mikes were "okay lang" so I didn't hold back in the next succeeding stages. Over speeding pa din! So if not mikes, I was having mental errors which really adds up. But I really think I learned a lot in this match, at least I learned what not to do in a big match hehehe!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:07   #287
Putok-Glock

Ahts, Im glad you understand why I didn't let you go easily when you said it was just a bad match, it was the heat, etc...quite true, but I was reading you between the lines based on what I know of your higher level of skills and those generalized statements. I might have appeared makulit and even at the edge of being rude and discomforting, but I was disecting the probable cause and was looking beyond that. And maybe natsambahan ko lang but thats how I read it. I was also hoping you or anybody would post a different view so I will have another idea to ponder on and learn.

Ahem...On controlling your overspeeding next time, beware of underspeeding. It could throw your timing off and still end up w/ misses and errors. In past matches, I found that consciously controlling my game is as disastrous as in not controlling it.

Now, can this pass as a Shooting Tip?
Im not a Class A nor better in Std so beware

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 04-26-2011 at 08:10..
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39   #288
Allegra

overspeeding = undrspeeding = thinking
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-26-2011, 09:48   #289
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
overspeeding = undrspeeding = thinking
= baaad

theres another tip

I could be burning a lot of my chakra here (hey, Naruto!) when i should be conserving them for the lev 2 match in Cabuyao on weekend
Old 04-26-2011, 10:06   #290
ahtsay

Allegra galing mo talaga! pero not a lot of shooters can do this on demand, I'm not even sure if they understand what you posted hehe! I usually only stumble on this accidentally. Only after I finish a stage nicely did I notice what just happened.

Uncle PG, "underspeeding" usually happens right after a bad match. Usually after a bad match, we loose confidence and become too cautious. Pero as long as we are aware of this, we can control it. Pero sa totoo lang after Palawan, I actually feel more confident. I feel like I want to try out my new found mindset in the next match. I want to try "overspeeding" but with more "awareness".

I think this thread has a lot of tips care of uncle PG and Allegra. It's just a matter of digesting what has been posted.
Old 04-26-2011, 18:02   #291
Allegra

a lot of people wouldnt know what we are talking about
and I bet they'll think it's BS haha

Well the key to clearing your head is to be relaxed
Yung ingay sa utak is a result of pressure whether internal o external ( naks! )
you cant do it right there and then of course . Relaxing and clearing your head I mean
Sa practice pa lang dapat may routine ka na
then you do it sa mga level 1s and repeat until it becomes automatic din( just like a skill set)
Pagdating mo sa level 3, when you do the routine mag automatic na din utak, relax and clear

Si Michael jordan would shoot baskets pre game at sa round robin to clear his head and focus on what to do. Thats his routine.....o si malone ba yun? nakalimutan ko na

Minsan all it takes is huminga ng malalim

My routine dati, pag on deck na ako , I just run the course on my mind one last time
I load , make ready then parang my lght switch , pinapatay ko utak ko
In fact yan ginagawa ko lahat ng sports nilalaruan ko
- the Camel Driver
Old 05-01-2011, 15:38   #292
Putok-Glock

This macho BOG shooter I saw in Villamor last Sat

http://youtu.be/ee36jwsjWcc
Old 05-01-2011, 17:21   #293
ans3288

my share of tuba benguet lvl2, my family heard i was planning to go, so plan materialized bec it was near baguio. the range was 10 mins before reaching baguio via marcos hiway.
a little tense after a long holy week break and no practice!

1ST BENGUET PPO INVITATIONALS
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 00:14   #294
Putok-Glock

my shoot in Cabuyao L2 Match last Fri.

http://youtu.be/F8oP7j72QKo

I think I need to bend my knees more in my stance
My footwork in taking off still needs a lot of work
Recoil management is good but I want it better, flatter w/o muscling the gun. ammo was chronoed at 180 but felt like 170
Inspite the lenten break, I felt lazy going tothe match. But once nandun na, my mood changed.
Plantar Fasciitis in both feet was more painful this time after the match. Must be my shoes, its a black converse. Looks cool but less cushion to the feet.

Hope you can add more to these...
Old 05-02-2011, 00:37   #295
Putok-Glock

Ans, mas mabilis ka kapag kasama mo si ahtsay. bakit kaya? Tingin ko lang
Old 05-02-2011, 00:47   #296
ahtsay

Quote:
Ans, mas mabilis ka kapag kasama mo si ahtsay. bakit kaya? Tingin ko lang
Uncle PG, thats because we have to be back before 12 noon eh Hehehe! Congrats pala sa Cabuyao, you beat me good
Do you think there's something wrong with their chrono? I clocked in at 182 PF also
Old 05-02-2011, 01:06   #297
Putok-Glock

Ahts, nahirapan ako dun sa mahahabang takbuhan. I had 1 miss, 2 jams so i cant say my performance was ok...mski tinalo kita Bro chamba lang, at ang chamba mahirap talunin

Dunno sa chrono but i felt the same way. Pero gamit ko kasi ung heavy Para and the ammo was patterned sa lightened STI ko, dinagadagan ko lang ng 0.10 grains for insurance. Pero napakataas naman ng reading kaya cannot really compare.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:24   #298
ahtsay

Uncle PG, I had 2 mikes, 1 Jam and 1 tapilok. I don't know what's with me these days.....can't stay on my feet. hehehe! I know! I know! I need to lose weight hahaha!!!
I was watching your videos, you beat me sa mga long stages. Hinde yun chamba, you can beat me at anytime. Yung sa second stage mo sa video, we shot it the same way. Pero I'm 2 seconds slower. This was a stage after I had just missed and so I was being too careful naman. I think a time of 35 seconds is about average. I think you shot the match well, if you didn't have the jam and the mike, baka nag 7th ka pa. 6 to 7 points away lang siya.

Next week I will be shooting with Ans. We will post the video, tingnan natin kung talagang mas mabilis siya pag sabay kami pumutok hehehe!!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:58   #299
Putok-Glock

hi braders, here are my runs in the last Lev 3 in Bicol.
the whole 16 stages, mostly in the rain...

don't you think I should work most on my speed of movements and rates of fire?

http://youtu.be/3NqNWEYsKVY

thanks for viewing
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29   #300
Allegra

looking at your vids, may difference tayo when attacking ports
If I have to move( after shooting the port ) pabalik sa direction I came from , I alwys shoot the last target to be seen, then I'll shoot the 1st target while moving backwards

If last port na sya, then only will I shoot the first target seen

Interestingly , si david sevigny hindi sya ginagaw pero best time pa din
Pero his team mates do it
- the Camel Driver