Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:35   #251
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_sy View Post
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=155

its something like these guys.. Ans.. Ahtsay... Allegra... PG... Choi..

for example.. Allegra.. "return of the comeback" hahahahah

Range Blog.. what you did to prepare for a match.. practice.. and all that
Parang ganito?

I'd have a very short diary we dont have a firing range e
the first shot I fired after a year and a half was stage 1 of camp vicente lim match.
But nagdryfire naman ako for a week w/ the new pistol para masanay sa trigger w/c shall remain stock

Fascinating that when you join a match w/out expecting anything ( other than to see old friends ) , finding the target/putting the gun on target/shooting the gun while on target becomes so simple. Dali gawin.
Pero when you want to win and fear losing, the above gets lost sa ingay at gulo ng utak
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39   #252
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Thanks for the kind words Uncle PG, and Allegra
I think Allegra and Uncle PG can have a thread entitled "Shooting Tips of the Week" or something along that line. We can all pitch in and share some tricks that can help other shooters.
I think mas ok eto compared to a diary. Yung "tips" is shorter and very specific, while a diary is kinda comprehensive and detailed kaya mas mahaba gawin, so medyo nakakatamad, like the one below.

an excerpt from my diary:

Apr 11, 2011 Taysan PM

Had a dry fire practice at the indoor garage.

5:30PM w/ just a weighted plastic magazine in hand, I practiced movement from one shooting position to another. I had 5 positions located randomly and spaced 3-5m from each other. They were also facing on different sides to simulate twist and turns in real cofs. I move better w/o a gun in hand. My focus is easily placed on my body movements like stance, footwork, body weight, etc. I worked on explosive take-off, sprints between positions, stance upon landing w/ emphasis on body weight forward for recoil management, “gun” mounted 1-2 steps approaching a position. I must remind myself in my stance to push my butt out a bit to automatically bring my weight forward. I made 5-10 reps each way. This is also a good way to develop my physical stamina. This movement w/o the gun style of practice is very effective to me. The session lasted 30mins.

8:30PM still in the indoor garage. Practiced draw and fire, shifting between targets, reloads, who, sho. In all these drills, I emphasized more on index to target at earliest possible time, precise sight pic, proper grip placement and pressure specially the cam of the left arm to counter the muzzle flip. I press the index of my support hand beneath the trigger guard to have the highest placement of the hand in the gun.
In trans/shift between targets, Im learning to shift focus from target to sights as the sights approaches the target, then prep the trigger and release the shot as the sights arrive on the target. I think this is more efficient than shift and stop then see the sights technique.
I Also practiced mounting the gun w/ eyes closed then opening them to check alignment of sights.
This second session lasted 20mins.

This is my 1st practice in the last 2 weeks. Hope to have this again tomorrow.

Note: I placed 2nd overall in the Lev3 Match in Bataan and 10th in BoGs all steel match in armscor. I won the Sr Std category in both matches.
My 2nd overall finish was due to absence of a lot of top guns from Mla. In spite of this, Im satisfied w/ my performance in both matches. My mental management is working. My resolve to call all my shots, not trying anything, not rushing and not trying to win made me relax in the match and allow my present skills to work for me.

Goal: to develop myself into the best shooter I can be.

di ba medyo nakakahilo basahin?
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:47   #253
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
Pero when you want to win and fear losing, the above gets lost sa ingay at gulo ng utak
This is great. This is what i meant when i said winning a match is not in my goal and not in my equation.

But this is easier said than done. It took me lots and lots of matches and same amount of sel-reflection before I learned how to have this mindset. But at times it scapes me...

This should qualify as our 1st Shooting tip of the week.

Allegra paki start mo na thread...
Old 04-16-2011, 18:19   #254
Putok-Glock

Here's my video fr yesterday in Lucena lev 1 match. I dropped by it on my way home
Aside from my misses on steels in the 1st stage my runs were ok. But I felt my movements lack fluidity compared to my immediate past matches. I felt rigid and sluggish but I think I know why. Hope to have your critical comments to helpme improve guys...

http://youtu.be/wgIG_JZsx9c

Thanks for viewing.
Old 04-16-2011, 19:48   #255
ans3288

nice shooting uncle PG! ako, went to bolinao to shoot lvl2, no matches nearby so i went there to get my weekly fix of gun powder smoke!

Bolina VSJ Inaugural Shoot 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
Here's my video fr yesterday in Lucena lev 1 match. I dropped by it on my way home
Aside from my misses on steels in the 1st stage my runs were ok. But I felt my movements lack fluidity compared to my immediate past matches. I felt rigid and sluggish but I think I know why. Hope to have your critical comments to helpme improve guys...

Thanks for viewing.
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 21:19   #256
Allegra

Quote:
I think mas ok eto compared to a diary. Yung "tips" is shorter and very specific, while a diary is kinda comprehensive and detailed kaya mas mahaba gawin, so medyo nakakatamad, like the one below.

an excerpt from my diary:

Apr 11, 2011 Taysan PM

Had a dry fire practice at the indoor garage.

5:30PM w/ just a weighted plastic magazine in hand, I practiced movement from one shooting position to another. I had 5 positions located randomly and spaced 3-5m from each other. They were also facing on different sides to simulate twist and turns in real cofs. I move better w/o a gun in hand. My focus is easily placed on my body movements like stance, footwork, body weight, etc. I worked on explosive take-off, sprints between positions, stance upon landing w/ emphasis on body weight forward for recoil management, “gun” mounted 1-2 steps approaching a position. I must remind myself in my stance to push my butt out a bit to automatically bring my weight forward. I made 5-10 reps each way. This is also a good way to develop my physical stamina. This movement w/o the gun style of practice is very effective to me. The session lasted 30mins.

8:30PM still in the indoor garage. Practiced draw and fire, shifting between targets, reloads, who, sho. In all these drills, I emphasized more on index to target at earliest possible time, precise sight pic, proper grip placement and pressure specially the cam of the left arm to counter the muzzle flip. I press the index of my support hand beneath the trigger guard to have the highest placement of the hand in the gun.
In trans/shift between targets, Im learning to shift focus from target to sights as the sights approaches the target, then prep the trigger and release the shot as the sights arrive on the target. I think this is more efficient than shift and stop then see the sights technique.
I Also practiced mounting the gun w/ eyes closed then opening them to check alignment of sights.
This second session lasted 20mins.

This is my 1st practice in the last 2 weeks. Hope to have this again tomorrow.

Note: I placed 2nd overall in the Lev3 Match in Bataan and 10th in BoGs all steel match in armscor. I won the Sr Std category in both matches.
My 2nd overall finish was due to absence of a lot of top guns from Mla. In spite of this, Im satisfied w/ my performance in both matches. My mental management is working. My resolve to call all my shots, not trying anything, not rushing and not trying to win made me relax in the match and allow my present skills to work for me.

Goal: to develop myself into the best shooter I can be.

di ba medyo nakakahilo basahin?
Galing pards
Much faster matutunan ang skill if you break it down to the simplest action
Practicing movement w/out a gun , mastering basic before moving to shooting movers, bakal etc
Nice diary
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-16-2011, 21:25   #257
Allegra

Quote:

Thanks for viewing.
Sa dami kasi ng matches na pinuputukan mo , you just simply cant be on the top of your game all the time
Besides mahirap gawin, nakakapagod yan and can burn you out in the long run
Save the bangis sa mga level 3s or when present mga RP team
Pag level 1 , relax relax lang work on a specific goal
By relax I dont mean sloppy at baka maging habit yan
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-16-2011, 21:48   #258
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans3288 View Post
nice shooting uncle PG! ako, went to bolinao to shoot lvl2, no matches nearby so i went there to get my weekly fix of gun powder smoke!

Bolina VSJ Inaugural Shoot 2011
I'm only judging by the vid bro
so i cant be sure baka i'm mistaken
Bumabagal ka when your doing 2 things at the same time
ex. changing mags while moving, drawing while opening doors etc
Dryfire todo ang drawing and changing mags so that they becxome so automatic , your attention will be towards running to the next port or opening the door
Drawing, changing mags , start, stopping etc lahat yan meron sa match so dapat automatic na. Just so , we can concentrate on the "unusual" na ipapagawa ng stage designers sa atin
Half the time sa ipsc we are shooting , the other half we are moving
Mas efficient gawin economic ang galaw kesa pabilisin ang putok

You seem like a big guy like me
when running around corners I like to lower my center of gravity para mas madali lumiko
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-17-2011, 08:18   #259
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

Always have something practical new advise fafa a and sir pg

Hope to see ypu guys on the next match

www.sterlingarms.multiply.com
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 17:06   #260
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Galing pards
Much faster matutunan ang skill if you break it down to the simplest action
Practicing movement w/out a gun , mastering basic before moving to shooting movers, bakal etc
Nice diary
yup, breaking them down is easier and faster to learn and do precise repetitions. I always do basic drills in all my dry and live fire practices lest I might lose them in match environs. Those movement drills w/o the gun was a great idea from you. I just wish I can practice them more often than my attendance in matches. Viewing my match videos tells me I still dont have the moves I practiced. I should have more practice times than matches but w/ my busy work load now I have to make do w/ more matches just to keep me in shape. But in matches I dont force or expect to do what I practiced w/. I avoid thinking about them, I just shoot and see later if they were there w/me. If non yet, it means more practice time is needed.

Quote:
Sa dami kasi ng matches na pinuputukan mo , you just simply cant be on the top of your game all the time
Besides mahirap gawin, nakakapagod yan and can burn you out in the long run
Save the bangis sa mga level 3s or when present mga RP team
Pag level 1 , relax relax lang work on a specific goal
By relax I dont mean sloppy at baka maging habit yan
Im always aware of getting burned out, knowing myself well its quite possible. So Im taking a break from any shooting activity this holy week
We are quite in agrreement here in working specific goals in Lev 1 and (to me) even lev 2 and 3 matches. And relaxation of the mind is always one of them.
But I control my aggressivenes in all my matches even when nakakasabay ko RP teams/top guns in match stages. I refuse to be affected by them otherwise I would try to shoot outside of my skill level. And if that happens you know for certain what will be the results.

Thanks for the insights
Old 04-17-2011, 17:25   #261
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Dryfire todo ang drawing and changing mags so that they becxome so automatic , your attention will be towards running to the next port or opening the door
Drawing, changing mags , start, stopping etc lahat yan meron sa match so dapat automatic na. Just so , we can concentrate on the "unusual" na ipapagawa ng stage designers sa atin

when running around corners I like to lower my center of gravity para mas madali lumiko
+1

Ans, ditto w/ what Allegra said but he could say it much much better than me
Old 04-17-2011, 17:34   #262
Putok-Glock

Ahts, hows the Palawan match? kasama mo ba si ans and zen? Pls post vids naman
Old 04-17-2011, 18:47   #263
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

Oo nga aths n zen post vids na

Old 04-17-2011, 20:01   #264
ans3288

uyyyyyyy! thanks sa tips! il keep that in mind and practice those things

yes i am a big guy!

Quote:

Last edited by ans3288; 04-17-2011 at 20:02..
Old 04-17-2011, 20:04   #265
ans3288

uncle PG, absent ako sa palawan, si ahts lang andun

Quote:
Old 04-17-2011, 23:13   #266
ahtsay

Quote:
Uncle PG, did you feel an earthquake around 11am on April 16? Sumubsob kasi ako sa stage 6. I landed on my knees and on my tummy; I could actually smell the soil, that's how close my face was from the ground. I thought the RO was going to stop me, but all I heard was my squad makes egging me to keep going. So I stood up and continued shooting. hehehe!!!! Natapos ko naman yung stage pero I left some parts of my knees on the ground and the RO began calling for a medic. I was immediately offered a chair (chairs in that match were rare), and the RO even offered me his mineral water so that I can wash the wound. For a second I was actually happy to have slipped hehehe! Ang babait talaga ng mga RO
That night I had people calling me MD (master diver) hahahaha!!!

I had around 6 mikes throughout the match plus a no shoot. I had 1 major jam (magazine problem), plus at least around 4 mental jams. Overall I shot really bad and all I can say is that I learned a lot in this match. Hopefully I can carry these lessons to the next match so that I can shoot better. Sorry wala akong videos. May videos lang ako pag kasama ko si Zen or si Ans, sila yung may camera e
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:04   #267
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

Quote:
Uncle PG, did you feel an earthquake around 11am on April 16? Sumubsob kasi ako sa stage 6. I landed on my knees and on my tummy; I could actually smell the soil, that's how close my face was from the ground. I thought the RO was going to stop me, but all I heard was my squad makes egging me to keep going. So I stood up and continued shooting. hehehe!!!! Natapos ko naman yung stage pero I left some parts of my knees on the ground and the RO began calling for a medic. I was immediately offered a chair (chairs in that match were rare), and the RO even offered me his mineral water so that I can wash the wound. For a second I was actually happy to have slipped hehehe! Ang babait talaga ng mga RO
That night I had people calling me MD (master diver) hahahaha!!!

I had around 6 mikes throughout the match plus a no shoot. I had 1 major jam (magazine problem), plus at least around 4 mental jams. Overall I shot
really bad and all I can say is that I learned a lot in this match. Hopefully I can carry these lessons to the next match so that I can shoot better. Sorry wala akong videos. May videos lang ako pag kasama ko si Zen or si Ans, sila yung
may camera e
Bro good to hear your ok, im sure youl a better shooter after that much

Congrats

Old 04-18-2011, 17:28   #268
Putok-Glock

Mabuti naman wala masyado damage yung aksidente na yun, considering you had a gun in your hand.

It could be the range surface was not safe or cof was quite difficult or you pushed yourself a bit harder than usual? Or all of the above?

dapat upon arrival in mla, dry fire agad habang nagpapagaling ng sugat para madali makarecover psychologically

Stay safe bro
Old 04-18-2011, 20:08   #269
ahtsay

Uncle PG, I was having a bad match....when I got to this stage, I told myself hahabol ako sa stage na ito. It was simple and I thought I can make up some points. Unfortunately the ground was rocky and full of loose pebbles. Doon ako nadulas, sa mga loose bato bato. The funny thing was may nakasama ako sa "shuttle" going back to the hotel and he was telling me he also slipped.....on the exact same stage, on the exact same place . Yung masama sa kanya, he landed on his holster and it broke daw hehehehe!!!
What I'm really disappointed at is in my magazines. They were very unreliable considering the springs were new. Tapos I have to clean them every time I drop them. Sobrang hassle kasi walang table or chairs to put your stuff, plus ang init pa. It came to a point na ayaw ko mag change mag as much as possible, para hinde ko kailangang linisin
In spite of everything that happened, I'm really happy with this match. I was shooting with some great shooters (one of which is/was student ni Allegra) and I found that I can actually keep up with them. However, hinde ko lang ma sustain. Sila kaya nila all 18 stages, same speed, ako I notice I fade and go back to my old self.
Old 04-18-2011, 23:39   #270
Allegra

Quote:
Uncle PG, I was having a bad match....when I got to this stage, I told myself hahabol ako sa stage na ito. It was simple and I thought I can make up some points. Unfortunately the ground was rocky and full of loose pebbles. Doon ako nadulas, sa mga loose bato bato. The funny thing was may nakasama ako sa "shuttle" going back to the hotel and he was telling me he also slipped.....on the exact same stage, on the exact same place . Yung masama sa kanya, he landed on his holster and it broke daw hehehehe!!!
What I'm really disappointed at is in my magazines. They were very unreliable considering the springs were new. Tapos I have to clean them every time I drop them. Sobrang hassle kasi walang table or chairs to put your stuff, plus ang init pa. It came to a point na ayaw ko mag change mag as much as possible, para hinde ko kailangang linisin
In spite of everything that happened, I'm really happy with this match. I was shooting with some great shooters (one of which is/was student ni Allegra) and I found that I can actually keep up with them. However, hinde ko lang ma sustain. Sila kaya nila all 18 stages, same speed, ako I notice I fade and go back to my old self.

Mahabang match na mainit , problema ko di yan dati
I wasnt tired , kaso pagmatagal yung match naiinip ako and nawawal sa focus
May ADD siguro ako

Anyway, na experience ko sa triathlon , anytime I'm dehydrated or tired yung utak ko di na nakapag concentrate. Naiisip ko mga problema ng pilipinas in the middle of the race
Madaming malamig na gatorade at isa or half na power gel lang yan fafa ( wag power bar , daming bwisit na manhihingi ), kada isang oras na mainit na level 3.
Plus upuan sa malamig na lugar
Lahat na ng advantage , gawin mo so you'll be well rested

BTW, sa mga malaking maiinit na laro mo lang gawin yan , at nakakataba yung gatorade at power gel

ps- power gels are just fast/slow burning carbs in gel form, walang magic sa kanya
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-19-2011, 00:03   #271
ahtsay

Allegra, I had lots of liquids but no food. The only food I had was during lunch, in between wala na. Oh! Nakalimutan ko, when I slipped and was bleeding, someone offered me a banana hahahaha!!!
Can you imagine I drank 10 bottles of Pocari Sweat during the 7 or 8 hours I was at the range. Tapos I only had to go to the washroom once all day. Sir, you mean when you eat, you tend to get your focus back? Ako naiisip ko uwi nalang ako sa hotel kasi pangit na naman putok ko eh hahaha!! Buti nalang walang readily available na shuttle, or else I would have considered it.
Very limited din upuan sa range, so 80% of the time naka tayo ako. It was very gruelling, I really think may advantage yung mga malakas ang katawan hinde yung katulad ko na malakas lang kumain
Old 04-19-2011, 00:26   #272
Allegra

Quote:
Allegra, I had lots of liquids but no food. The only food I had was during lunch, in between wala na. Oh! Nakalimutan ko, when I slipped and was bleeding, someone offered me a banana hahahaha!!!
Can you imagine I drank 10 bottles of Pocari Sweat during the 7 or 8 hours I was at the range. Tapos I only had to go to the washroom once all day. Sir, you mean when you eat, you tend to get your focus back? Ako naiisip ko uwi nalang ako sa hotel kasi pangit na naman putok ko eh hahaha!! Buti nalang walang readily available na shuttle, or else I would have considered it.
Very limited din upuan sa range, so 80% of the time naka tayo ako. It was very gruelling, I really think may advantage yung mga malakas ang katawan hinde yung katulad ko na malakas lang kumain

Im not sure kung may carbs yung pocari sweat or puro electrolytes or baka kulang lang kung maghapon
Yup kasi food is fuel
Pag wala ka na fuel ,napapagod and pagnapagod bumabagal utak
Pero depende din sa kakainin
Kung protein, taba, dairy at madahong gulay lalo ka aantukin
Carbs ang fuel - power bar/gel, oatmeal,kamote, peanutbutter sandwich
Avoid sugar kasi masyado mabilis masunog, manlalambot ka kaagad
So carbs at samahan mo na rin ng cold coffee at stimulant din ng utak

syemps , subukan mo muna sa mga level1
- the Camel Driver
Old 04-19-2011, 01:26   #273
goodtj
Shotgun lover

i use a big MTM dry box as my range bag as it doubles also as my chair, it supports all 250lbs. of me with no problems

hassle lang dalhin kasi malaki at mabigat but i've never carried it at all bahala na pulot boy ko dun...
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21   #274
Putok-Glock

CONGRATS Ans! #4 overall std div Bolinao Lev 2 Match
Old 04-19-2011, 05:36   #275
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Uncle PG, I was having a bad match...
and I found that I can actually keep up with them. However, hinde ko lang ma sustain. Sila kaya nila all 18 stages, same speed, ako I notice I fade and go back to my old self.
why would you have a bad match? ...something to ponder, search where it came from...Im sure its not in your skills as you are very good at it...unless you've been in a beer party all night before the match (again)

kaya nila 18 stages at same speed... maybe because they were not forcing it, so they used-up less energy, hence less tiring and so they dont need the stamina of a race horse to sustain it. Guess you can do it too..

pardon the ramblings of an oldie