Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 23:46   #1
WhiteCoyote
Senior Member
 
WhiteCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigun
Posts: 173
S&W 340 M&P "No Lock"

Picked up this S&W 340 M&P, .357 mag. today. It's a Scandium Alloy frame revolver. Weight 13.7 oz on my scale, S&W claims 13.3 oz. Front sight is XS Sight 24/7 Tritium Night sight. The most interesting thing about the 340 M&P is "NO LOCK"!!!
This should be fun to shoot.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club

Last edited by WhiteCoyote; 11-17-2010 at 23:48..
WhiteCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:48   #2
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,511
That's a great looking gun. Let us know what you think after shooting. If I could find one locally, priced reasonably Id probably buy it.
__________________

Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:59   #3
G19aps
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 377
I've got one that I bought in 07 but it has a lock. That's not why it's not fun to shoot though

I wish they would put that front sight and u-notch rear on the 642. It should be $150-$200 less and most folks don't shoot .357 out of these anyway.
G19aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 20:21   #4
jamaicanj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,261
Congrats.

This has been on my wish list and I'm glad that I held off as I've been hoping that the day would come for the 340 without the lock
__________________
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 23:09   #5
den888
Senior Member
 
den888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,062
Congrats !
den888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 13:17   #6
fastbolt
Senior Member
 
fastbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Within the lightning (Northern CA)
Posts: 10,023
Congrats.

I like my early production M&P 340 quite a bit.

Is the SKU for your no-lock M&P 340 #103072?
__________________
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 13:28   #7
Cooks128
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Groveport Ohio
Posts: 79
I love my early model 340....it's not a range gun my any means but mine has seen some use.

The Snubbie Club

The Snubbie Club
Cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:37   #8
Wade-19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19aps View Post
I've got one that I bought in 07 but it has a lock. That's not why it's not fun to shoot though

I wish they would put that front sight and u-notch rear on the 642. It should be $150-$200 less and most folks don't shoot .357 out of these anyway.
IMHO they would sell a ton of 642s so equiped. I HATED shootimg my old 360.
__________________
5 Glocks and a few others
Wade-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:12   #9
2740dmx
Senior Member
 
2740dmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,107
Man....

I am wanting one of these no-lock 340 M&P so badly..

I am considering changing my carry weapon from a Glock 27 to an M&P340 AND a 442!

One on the belt and one in the pocket (at night) and just one of the j-frames during the day, or when carrying in places where I do not want the added weapon on my person.

(and I wanted to bump this thread up to the top...since I look at it and drool every day )

OP: If you are reading this.... how about some reviews, more pics, carry methods, etc...?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
__________________
NRA MEMBER
2740dmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:38   #10
Cooks128
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Groveport Ohio
Posts: 79
I'm actually going to try to pick up a second J-Frame, either a 642 or 442...Vances in Columbus ohio has them on sale for 349.99 through the end of the year...plus the 50.00 S&W rebate....300.00 for a S&W is a steal. I know of a few guys (including my father) that carry two jframes.
__________________
I don't always get to the range, but when I do, I prefer dosAKs
Cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:44   #11
tpr7304
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 526
Have you shot it yet? A range report would be great.
tpr7304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 18:16   #12
the perfesser
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 373
Cooks128,

$299 + tax for a 442/642 qualifies as Grand Theft where I live. Go buy it on the 27th, hear?
the perfesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:31   #13
G27Chief
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
G27Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Southwestern Gawjaw
Posts: 2,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks128 View Post
I'm actually going to try to pick up a second J-Frame, either a 642 or 442...Vances in Columbus ohio has them on sale for 349.99 through the end of the year...plus the 50.00 S&W rebate....300.00 for a S&W is a steal. I know of a few guys (including my father) that carry two jframes.
Dang that is cheap. I hate to see this when I think of what I paid for my 342 Ti!
__________________
Never try to explain yourself to stupid people, you're not the jackass whisperer
G27Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 23:58   #14
jamaicanj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks128 View Post
I'm actually going to try to pick up a second J-Frame, either a 642 or 442...Vances in Columbus ohio has them on sale for 349.99 through the end of the year...plus the 50.00 S&W rebate....300.00 for a S&W is a steal. I know of a few guys (including my father) that carry two jframes.
Do you have the contact info for Vance's?
__________________
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 17:42   #15
Ganesh
Okie 4 Life
 
Ganesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bradenton, FL.
Posts: 774
I own an M&P 340 also. It replaced my G-27 also. Loved the little 27, and loved it at the range much more so than the little 340, hehe. But I wont give up my little "Sheila". thinkin about gettin her a sister tho. Was lookin at those Ruger LCR's, the little 38s are sweet, and im kinda glad i didnt try one before i bought the 340, cuz they really do have a nice trigger and shot really nice with em. But now they got em in .357! So I may have to pick one of those up as the back up to the 340, heh.
__________________
S&W 340 M&P
Glock 7(still searching)
Glock Carbine(holding breath)
Glock 18(still in my dreams)
Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 19:10   #16
2740dmx
Senior Member
 
2740dmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh View Post
I own an M&P 340 also. It replaced my G-27 also. Loved the little 27, and loved it at the range much more so than the little 340, hehe. But I wont give up my little "Sheila". thinkin about gettin her a sister tho. Was lookin at those Ruger LCR's, the little 38s are sweet, and im kinda glad i didnt try one before i bought the 340, cuz they really do have a nice trigger and shot really nice with em. But now they got em in .357! So I may have to pick one of those up as the back up to the 340, heh.
How does the 340 carry compared to the G27?
I carry IWB with the 27, and would mostly carry a j-frame on belt, with occasional pocket carry.

I realize the G27 is easier to shoot, and my tactics and mindset will change accordingly.

Any info about holsters you use, loads you use, etc.. would be much appreciated.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
__________________
NRA MEMBER
2740dmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 20:46   #17
rsxr22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 2,737
That is awesome, congrats
rsxr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:04   #18
Cooks128
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Groveport Ohio
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2740dmx View Post
How does the 340 carry compared to the G27?
I carry IWB with the 27, and would mostly carry a j-frame on belt, with occasional pocket carry.

I realize the G27 is easier to shoot, and my tactics and mindset will change accordingly.

Any info about holsters you use, loads you use, etc.. would be much appreciated.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
The 340 and my G33 carry just about the same for IWB carry, where I believe the 340 has it's advantages is with pocket carry when Im wearing cargo shorts in the summer using a pocket holster or shoving shoving it in a jacket pocket for quick trips out of the house. My carry ammo of choice is Speer Gold dots in .357, that or carry Ranger T .38+P.
__________________
I don't always get to the range, but when I do, I prefer dosAKs
Cooks128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:41   #19
kgwld1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 101
I have a 340 m&p that i have shot 2100 rounds of .357 through. I bought the gun to shoot .357 and thats what i do with it if you don't shoot .357 then save your money and go with the 642 or 442. Nice 340 by the way.
kgwld1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 13:05   #20
2740dmx
Senior Member
 
2740dmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwld1 View Post
I have a 340 m&p that i have shot 2100 rounds of .357 through. I bought the gun to shoot .357 and thats what i do with it if you don't shoot .357 then save your money and go with the 642 or 442. Nice 340 by the way.
It is nice that the 340 is chambered for .357, but what I especially like is the finish (looks the same, but is more durable than the 442's finish) and especially the xs night sight!
So... even if you were "only" going to shoot .38+P in a 340.... for some, it is worth the extra cost!

I've gotta get one soon, so I can quit obsessing about it!

do you carry yours alot, and is the finish holding up well?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
__________________
NRA MEMBER
2740dmx is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 534
122 Members
412 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31