Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2010, 13:03   #1
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Gamble Tactical Holster Special Promo Deal

Lone Wolf Distributors Forum
&

Lone Wolf Distributors is doing a special GlockTalk only test for this exciting new holster for compact Glocks.

In special cooperation with Lone Wolf Distributors, Gamble Tactical is offering a limited supply of holsters at $15.00 SHIPPED for the first 50 customers before 12/1/2010. After 12/1/2010 the price will go back to $29.99 + s/h, act fast!

To qualify, for the reduced price, members agree to provide a review or similar product feedback to Lone Wolf Distributors and Gamble Tactical.
Contact zcarlson@lonewolfdist.com to signup, receive the coupon code, and purchasing instructions.

The Story on the Holster:

After attending at gun show at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in 2006, Bob Gamble returned home disappointed that he could not find a simple, effective holster that would allow him to carry a Glock pistol with a light or laser attachment. As Bob tells it “As a retired pastor with no special abilities or training in engineering or design, I did the only thing I could think to do. I prayed. I woke up at 3 a.m. with an idea clearly in mind. I started by drawing a simple design and in a couple days had made a holster out of a flat sheet of Kydex using a band saw, drill press, small files and a heat bender. The design worked!”

That first prototype evolved into the LA Tactical Holster, a simple, elegant solution to the problem of holstering Glock pistols with rail mounted accessories. Constructed of rugged tactical grade polymer and working without cumbersome straps or buckles, the LA Tactical Holster is a great tool for anyone needing reliability and versatility in a holstering system.

LA Tactical Holster Features:

Compatible with virtually all rail mounted accessories
Optimized for Glock Compacts (19, 23, etc)
Economical
Adjustable muzzle post and holster cant
Three-Point firearm retention
Glass Reinforced Super Tough Nylon (tactical grade polymer)
Provides for protection at key points
No straps or buckles to hinder access
Interchangeable Belt Clips
Made in the USA

LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO OF HOLSTER
LINK TO ANOTHER VIDEO

Remember: Only the first 50 customers get to take advantage of this offer! This offer is 50% of retail, $15 SHIPPED vs $29.99 +shipping!

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc. <http://www.lonewolfdist.com/>
Phone: 208.448.0600

Last edited by LoneWolfMarketing; 11-01-2010 at 09:23..
Old 11-10-2010, 09:55   #2
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Here's a review from a customer before this deal was available:

"I recently bought this awesome holster off of the ebay site, I had been looking for 3 or 4 months for a holster for my glock 38.
I have the glock tactical light on my 38 and wanted a holster that would work with my new glock light.
After several months I found a holster but it was over $170.00 I was in no way interested in paying that kind of money for a holster.Then one night I checked the ebay site hoping to find a used version of the $170 holster I had found and then there is was the Gamble Tactical holster and it was only $34.00.
I thought what the heck I bought it, got it shipped to me very quickly and to be honest I own several regular type of holsters for my glock but this Gamble LA tactical holster was awesome.
I am by no means a fast draw or an expert marksman but it fit the bill for what I needed, leaving the holster with my glock light installed is smooth and very quick.
Putting the gun back in the holster was just as quick, I hope in the future the Gamble company makes more tactical items for the glock, this holster is very advanced, if a newbie like me can master it I can only think what it might do for the expert marksman.
thanks,
Buddie"

Old 11-24-2010, 11:34   #3
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Just to make potential customers aware, we have been alerted to a problem with adhesive grips and this holster. Using any adhesive type grip enhancers is problematic because the holster clamps down while inserting the gun.

Also its been reported that Crimson Trace lasergrips are not compatible since the retention clip rests where the CT grips are.

Hopefully this prevents future problems. Thanks to WDN for the pictures and heads up.

Last edited by LoneWolfMarketing; 11-24-2010 at 16:47..
Old 11-24-2010, 16:49   #4
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Again thanks to WDN for issues with the CT grips

Old 11-29-2010, 09:03   #5
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Here's a review from RottnJP,

Well, I received the holster, and gave it a try.

It is an ingenious system, and I really wanted to like it. Ultimately, I would have to say that it works reasonably well for OWB carry in some circumstances, although some "potential concerns" were noted.

The most important issue, to me, was that the user's draw motion must be significantly adjusted with this holster relative to other typical commercial holsters.

(Note, I have not used any LEO-type "higher-level" retention holsters, but I know the draw may be effected somewhat by level II or level III retention schemes. I can not comment on how the LEO systems may compare to the Gamble Tactical system.)

The system requires a grab-drop-pull out of holster, then push-and-rotate forward to the ready position. Compared to a simple draw-up and back, then rotate muzzle forward to the ready, the Gamble holster requires a much more deliberate set of motions. This is not an insurmountable challenge, and I'm sure comfort level with the modified draw would improve with practice. But, I do feel that the multiple changes of direction in the motion are not as natural and fluid as a traditional draw (which for me is from a right-hand thumb-break holster, forward-canted, at the 3:30-4:00 position.)

Upon opening the shipper I was impressed by the holster's solid feel. I have to admit, one question I had initially was how secure I was going to feel having a firearm retained by some waggly lever contraption, but the thickness and ridigity of the plastic dispelled this concern. (Yes, there's a waggly-lever, but is feels pretty secure.) ;-)

The holster looks about the size of a G22, and is thicker than a large-framed Glock... Dainty, it is not. You may be tempted to try to fit a full size Glock. Don't bother... It won't fit (with proper retention) and you'll have to use two hands to remove the holster from the pistol in a most unceremonious manner.

A compact Glock, however, slides in as advertised. I found that one-handed holstering was fairly straight-forward. There are two variations of reholstering technique that I found, and they both work fine. One is to slide the muzzle above the trigger-area retention system, down onto the muzzle retention spike. With M6X installed, this causes the muzzle to drive through the trigger-area retention "device" for lack of a better word. This is a simpler, more conventional, motion, but takes a little more force than the alternative.

The alternative is to slide the muzzle onto its retention spike by angling the pistol's slide past and below the trigger retention zone. Then, a second motion rotates the pistol forward, pushing the top of the slide through the retention "ears", which clunk solidly into place around the slide and frame. Finally, in either case, a firm push is required to ensure the beaver-tail retention & holster release lever clicks into place.

In either case, although it sounds complicated, reholstering was pretty simple, requiring much less adjustment of technique than the draw.

The belt attachment angle is fully adjustable from a few degrees aft cant, past straight drop, to a fairly aggressive forward cant (approx. 25 degrees.) This uses a simple two-screw system, which was easy to use, but raised a question in my mind regarding the optimum torque for these screws... Would too little torque allow the attachment screws to loosen, or would tightening them too much crack the belt attachment? The answer to these questions is unknown within the review period.

Another concern with the belt attachment is that although the slots are tall enough to accommodate a 1.75" gun-belt, the slots are not wide enough to accommodate a leather gun-belt's two-ply thickness. The slots will accommodate a web-type belt, or single-ply leather belt (with a little work).

OWB carry was comfortable, on par with other solid kydex OWB holsters.

IWB carry was not as comfortable, due to a few factors. The holster's design is rather larger and thicker than the pistol's slide and frame, and must be so for the retention system to work. This results in a blocky, cumbersome-feeling IWB carry. Also, the attached weapon-light, in my case a Insight M6X, is not at all conducive to comfortable IWB carry.

Another area of caution: The attachment system depends on the pistol to have stock dimensions for length of barrel, slide, and frame. Extended barrels, slides, or beavertails need not apply. The extended controls on my test pistol are not sufficient to cause a problem, but a competition mag release might be too long- The kydex does cover this area. Rail type, grip reductions, or trigger guard modifications are not important to the retention system, although modification to the grip web area (upper rear area below beavertail) might pose a problem. The test pistol has fixed night sights. It is not clear if all rear sights would allow the pistol to seat properly in the holster- This may be a risk area.

At the end of the day, would I use the holster, and what kind of value does it present? I am typically happy with thumb-break pancake holsters for OWB, and MTAC's for IWB. But, I would consider the Gamble holster for OWB in situations in which I felt a weapon-light was warranted. For this purpose, it performs as advertised.

In terms of value at the $30 + S&H price point, well, I guess it really matters how often one CCW's after dark, and how frequently they feel disadvantaged by not having a light. The price is not bad for that specific application, but it is clearly a niche item. I might pick one up if it were sized for a full sized frame, or for a large framed pistol. To me, the weapon light isn't a great CCW tool, and the holster itself really isn't conducive to IWB carry, so having the holster in a compact or sub-compact frame size is a little less useful.

Last edited by LoneWolfMarketing; 11-29-2010 at 09:36..
Old 11-29-2010, 09:36   #6
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Here's another review,

Well after putting this holster through what I call the test, I found it to be even better than I thought it would be. Because of my rural living I was in desperate need of a holster that would allow me to carry a weapon light attached. This holster fits the bill perfect. Fast and easy removal for getting it in to action which is very important to me. I must say after much practise, reholstering is a bit of a chore because I still have to look at the holster to reinsert the weapon. It is very well made and should last indefinately with almost no up keep. I prefer the concealed carry belt attachment because I carry and have no use for the more duty styled carry attachment. The adjustability of cant is a must and very well accepted but here lies my only real issue with this holster. I am very attached to paddle holsters and if this holster had an adjustable paddle similiar to the CompTac as far as I'm concerned it would be the best holster I have ever used. I am not ammune to belt holsters but paddles are faster and easier to put on and take off and still very usable even without a belt which is how I carry most the time. I love the way it protects the weapon from any sort of outside damage, but it does leave a weapon light very vulnerable to damage. Now for my carry purposes this is not an issue but is a real possibility. It's still hard for me to beleive how anyone came up with this idea, but it's a good one. The price is the icing on the cake and definately worth every penny. Great job, add a paddle and a full sized model and you have the perfect holster. I will certainly put this one to good use .

Thanks you guys very much for this oppertunity and keep up the great work.
Sincerely
Jeffery D.

Old 11-29-2010, 13:41   #7
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Get your orders in soon, this offer ends December 1st.

Old 11-30-2010, 15:07   #8
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Promotion Ends Dec 1st.

Old 12-01-2010, 13:06   #9
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

The offer is now closed but if anyone is interested in purchasing one directly from Gamble Tactical here is the link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=8-2&seller=

Thanks to all those who participated and when reviews come back I'll update this post.

Old 12-06-2010, 14:51   #10
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

A review from Gary K.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good: Very high quality materials, fit and finish are first rate and the choice of two belt mounts was very thoughtful. One observation was that although the belt slots are “wide” enough for the task, I do have a 1 ” Minotaur “carry” belt and it is double layered leather with a Kydex stiffener in between. The belt slots scraped my leather up a bit when mounting and dismounting it. Not everyone would have that problem though.

The locking lever and overall fit, held the gun firmly in place and fit like a glove. I did all my practice with the magazine out and the trigger set to check for unintended discharges, but it worked just fine.

The Bad: Although this is an exceptional concept for those with lights or other accessories hanging off their guns, I couldn’t get used to the release for the gun. It seemed I had to put too much force to push forward on the locking lever to get the gun to release. I definitely not consider this a “speed release” holster, but that’s just me.

The Ugly: I’m misleading you a little here as there is no ugly. This thing is beautiful and really enhances the “image” of the Glock. The squared up lines make it look . . . . . . tactical and serious.

Overall, a well made product and just might be answer if an operator can overcome the pushing forward of the locking lever and doesn’t mind scraping up a double thickness belt. As a side note, I do use Hogue Handall grips on my Glocks and they worked well with the unit with no abrasion or intrusion at all. Also, I have factory sights, so I don’t know how it would work with any non-standard height or width sights.

Old 12-06-2010, 19:13   #11
DLL9mm

I want one! I am ordering one Friday....
Any idea when there will be one for the G17?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:23   #12
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL9mm View Post
I want one! I am ordering one Friday....
Any idea when there will be one for the G17?
The offer is now closed but if anyone is interested in purchasing one directly from Gamble Tactical here is the link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=8-2&seller=

I think depending on how their sales go will determine how fast they branch out to other sizes.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:20   #13
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Even though the offer is closed now reviews are still trickling in..

This one is from gclefton

My Glock 19 had slipped to home-defense only, since I installed the Viridian X5L. My hopes were that a LA Tactical Holster may get my Glock back on my belt.

Upon receipt, I was pleased to see that the polymer is high quality and the finish is excellent. Including two belt-mounting plates was a nice touch that allowed a custom fit to match different body shapes or different amounts of nearby clothing. Each of the plates has mounting screw slots that allow positioning the LA Tactical Holster at the angle that pleases you.

Securing the Glock 19 and laser light without straps or buckles is neatly accomplished with an over-center cam-lever arrangement that clicks into a position under the beaver-tail. The muzzle is guided into position and held there with a fixed 3/8” polymer pin. I noted that the Glock was held firmly in place with just the side plates; thus, the LA Tactical Holster allows two levels of containment: firmly-restrained and locked-in-place. With care, unlocking the cam-lever is a very quiet operation; from that condition, extracting the weapon is a natural motion.

A concern was that the sidewall plates would mark the slide on my Talo finished Glock, but after two weeks of use with the LA Tactical Holster I can detect no marring. The professional appearance and integrated sidewall trigger covers displays the Glock and laser light in a no-nonsense manner.

I am glad that I have found a reliable holstering system that is ‘Made in the USA’ and expect to put it to good use. Congrats to Gamble Tactical and Lone Wolf Distributors for making a quality product available to us.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:22   #14
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Another one from John G.

Looking the holster over when I first got it, I was impressed. It looks like it is built well, good material, and solid construction. The weapon lock system functioned as designed to retain the weapon. I've worn it over the last 2 weeks, and used it hard. I like the idea of being able to carry the G-23 with a light on it. However, my thoughts are that if I was carrying a Tactical Weapon regularly, it would be the G-22 or G-35 frame/slide combination, with a light. I wish there was some way to adjust the holster length for the longer slide models. One of the problems I had with the Holster was the belt attachment. The spaces for the belt were so large I couldn't get the holster to keep from shifting when I was drawing or reholstering the gun. I don't have a belt that is as wide as the slots, and the belt slots are not adjustable. I used a couple wire tiewraps to reduce the slot length and it worked better. When I was showing it to a few of my OHP friends, we did a little testing. It was very easy for them to take the gun away from me, out of the holster, from behind. All they had to do was push their hand forward on the grip to unlock the holster, then pull the grip back, and they now had my gun. Having my arm down at my side, which normally blocks access to the holstered weapon preventing someone else from drawing the weapon out of the holster, was no help at all. I also had difficulty reholstering the weapon without having to feel for, search for, the muzzle area to insert the front of the slide. Some of that may be due to only having it for 2 weeks now. I practiced drawing from a seated position, as in a car or chair. It was nearly impossible to draw the weapon from the holster, while seated. After doing a lot of quick, rapid, weapon deployments and analysing the motions involved, moving the hand forward to unlock the holster, then backward to remove the weapon, then forward again to present the weapon on a target, involves a lot of extra motion and wasted time. I'm an old student of Bill Jordan, motion conservation, when it comes to deploying a weapon. No, I'm not as fast or good a shot as he was, but I'm still working on it. My conclusions: If I was just carrying this gun and holster for range work, most of these things wouldn't be a major flaw. But if I'm going to carry this combination for Tactical Use, these things are major problems.