GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 19:27   #26
BIGBEAR92314
KK6HKT
 
BIGBEAR92314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Big Bear City,Ca
Posts: 222
Picked up 100 9mm rounds of Buffalo Bore 124gr +p+
Going to give it a try.

Last edited by BIGBEAR92314; 03-19-2013 at 19:28..
BIGBEAR92314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 22:02   #27
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo R View Post
It didn't really work for us. Early to mid 90's. We had at least two shootings during which the Federal 127+P+JHP's went right through the BG's and didn't stop their threats...

Win. makes 127 gr. +p+. Fed. makes a 124 gr. +p+ Hydra Shok that is next to worthless and barely breaks 1,100 fps if that. I'd wager it was the latter as the former has an excellent Street Cred.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 22:10   #28
unit1069
Senior Member
 
unit1069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So. Central US
Posts: 8,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo R View Post
I was at the LGS last Wednesday and they had Speer GDHP 124gr.+P for sale...$46.95 a box of 50.

HR
In the current ammo drought I'm actually surprised the gun shop was selling a 50-round box of GDHP at that price. I read that premium ammo prices are outrageous on Gunbroker, but for those who are desperate they're willing to pay through the nose.
__________________
Rocket Scientist
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 22:18   #29
Clusterfrack
Senior Member
 
Clusterfrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Win. makes 127 gr. +p+. Fed. makes a 124 gr. +p+ Hydra Shok that is next to worthless and barely breaks 1,100 fps if that. I'd wager it was the latter as the former has an excellent Street Cred.
Check out the discussion on another thread:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1477472&page=2
__________________
"I have one simple request... and that is to have sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads!"--Dr. Evil
Clusterfrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 23:48   #30
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
Check out the discussion on another thread:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1477472&page=2

Sorry, I don't take CCW advice from the dentist from AR15.com. All he does is shoot gel and I can get that from here:

http://le.atk.com/resources/videos.aspx
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:08   #31
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,863
At a gun show in Concord NH a year and a half ago I got a 50rd box of 9BPLE for $20.00.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17   #32
Clusterfrack
Senior Member
 
Clusterfrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Sorry, I don't take CCW advice from the dentist from AR15.com. All he does is shoot gel and I can get that from here:

http://le.atk.com/resources/videos.aspx
I don't recommend dismissing expert advice on something as important as this, but that's your call... Here are DocGKR's credentials:
http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2008Intl/Roberts.pdf
__________________
"I have one simple request... and that is to have sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads!"--Dr. Evil

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-20-2013 at 09:23..
Clusterfrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10   #33
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
I don't recommend dismissing expert advice on something as important as this, but that's your call... Here are DocGKR's credentials:
http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2008Intl/Roberts.pdf

You're late to the Ball, Sweetheart. He's a dentist and a shill for Fackler. This has been discussed here a million times.

Search function is your friend.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:14   #34
Clusterfrack
Senior Member
 
Clusterfrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
You're late to the Ball, Sweetheart. He's a dentist and a shill for Fackler. This has been discussed here a million times.

Search function is your friend.
Just trying to be helpful. You might want to use search to check on your info as well.
__________________
"I have one simple request... and that is to have sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads!"--Dr. Evil
Clusterfrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34   #35
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
At a gun show in Concord NH a year and a half ago I got a 50rd box of 9BPLE for $20.00.
This year the price will likely be $50!
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:24.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,196
378 Members
818 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42