SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2012, 20:57   #1276
cowboy1964

November Gold Eagle sales skyrocketed.

Survival/Preparedness Forum

Last edited by cowboy1964; 12-02-2012 at 14:41..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:37   #1277
rj1939

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
November Gold Eagle sales skyrocketed.

Survival/Preparedness Forum
Fiat paper currency is based on faith...........looks like that faith is slipping. Benji may lose some sleep.

No matter how cynical I get, I can't seem to keep up
rj1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:32   #1278
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1939 View Post
Fiat paper currency is based on faith...........looks like that faith is slipping. Benji may lose some sleep.
It's based on more than faith.

If you want to pay your taxes, you are going to need our fiat paper currency to do it. That is one method through which the government has created a need for it.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 13:55   #1279
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1939 View Post
The faith is slipping for sure, but that's probably because of our manufacturing of goods, services and raw materials topped off with high taxes and regulation.

As Steve Jobs told Obama in answer to when are the jobs coming back from China... "They're not!"

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:01   #1280
jlavallee

Politicians and the bankers that run them are not going to allow us to have a backed currency unless it is forced on them. Even then, they understand that few get the logic behind backed or competition of currencies and once any rough patch has passed, the next generation will forget any lessons learned by their parents.

As long as we have a statist society where the government has it's hand in everything, we're not going to be allowed to use real money because they can't steal and transfer wealth as easily with real money. I'd bet that the push once the dollar is ready to collapse will be for a global currency and even though we've all see the problems resulting from the Euro, the masses will accept anything other than responsibility for themselves.

Personally, I don't care much for gold because I foresee issues with selling physical gold unless you're holding 1/10 oz bars or something. With everything being tracked, if the government gets involved at the point of sale any value stored could be wiped out. Returning to a Constitutional option of physical gold and silver and allowing competition between alternate currencies would be best but we can't get the Republicans to stop their social conservatisim long enough to have any chance at winning elections.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion. www.popvox.com
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:07   #1281
rj1939

The number of countries wanting to use another currency,than the dollar as the reserve currency is growing..........and more becoming more vocal.

No matter how cynical I get, I can't seem to keep up
rj1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:10   #1282
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlavallee View Post
Politicians and the bankers that run them are not going to allow us to have a backed currency unless it is forced on them. Even then, they understand that few get the logic behind backed or competition of currencies and once any rough patch has passed, the next generation will forget any lessons learned by their parents.

As long as we have a statist society where the government has it's hand in everything, we're not going to be allowed to use real money because they can't steal and transfer wealth as easily with real money. I'd bet that the push once the dollar is ready to collapse will be for a global currency and even though we've all see the problems resulting from the Euro, the masses will accept anything other than responsibility for themselves.

Personally, I don't care much for gold because I foresee issues with selling physical gold unless you're holding 1/10 oz bars or something. With everything being tracked, if the government gets involved at the point of sale any value stored could be wiped out. Returning to a Constitutional option of physical gold and silver and allowing competition between alternate currencies would be best but we can't get the Republicans to stop their social conservatisim long enough to have any chance at winning elections.
That would be a huge freaking mess

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 12-02-2012, 14:44   #1283
cowboy1964

I'm not too worried about the government getting involved in gold transactions. There would be such a black market at that point that you would still be able to get most of the value out of the gold.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:45   #1284
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
I'm not too worried about the government getting involved in gold transactions. There would be such a black market at that point that you would still be able to get most of the value out of the gold.
So long as you don't end up in jail/prison for doing so.

If you can only safely deal with people you KNOW and trust, in places and at times where nobody else can know what is going on, your "money" isn't of much value.

Last edited by Warp; 12-02-2012 at 14:46..
Old 12-02-2012, 14:59   #1285
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
That would be a huge freaking mess
Why? All that would happen is people would be allowed to trade gold and silver without it being treated as an investment. Sure, the dollar would be in big trouble but like any free market, the value dictates where people keep their net worth.

Surely you're not suggesting that we continue with the process of forcing dollars that lose value as the only form of savings? If we were able to save and not have value stolen, we might not be in this mess.

Old 12-02-2012, 15:02   #1286
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Why? All that would happen is people would be allowed to trade gold and silver without it being treated as an investment. Sure, the dollar would be in big trouble but like any free market, the value dictates where people keep their net worth.

Surely you're not suggesting that we continue with the process of forcing dollars that lose value as the only form of savings? If we were able to save and not have value stolen, we might not be in this mess.

"allowing competition between alternate currencies"

Describe how that would work

Old 12-02-2012, 15:24   #1287
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
"allowing competition between alternate currencies"

Describe how that would work
http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul766.html

Old 12-02-2012, 19:10   #1288
mgentry

Silver is at $33.71
mgentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:15   #1289
houseflipper

Does anyone see Silver dropping to $28.00 in the next 6 months. Or Gold below $1,680.00 an ounce.
houseflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:31   #1290
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseflipper View Post
Does anyone see Silver dropping to $28.00 in the next 6 months. Or Gold below $1,680.00 an ounce.
Well, Obama and the rest of the crooks in government are going to increase some taxes but they'll never cut spending which is the real problem so we're going to see another debt limit increase as usual. After the 2010 Republican gains, the Democrats made gains again because even when Republicans run on the TEA platform, they almost all really want to spend. I saw Obama getting re-elected but I am surprised that they swung the Senate.

We're up the creek and it is too late to be responsible now so it's going to be a gong show until the dollar crashes. Do you see one thing positive about our current government? Even if all the Democrats went away, with a handful of exceptions, the Republicans are no better so why put any faith in US government backed anything?

I bought more silver the other day. I don't expect any real increase in buying power like some do but a dollar will lose buying power for sure. I also bought 75k primers, powder, bullets and a couple more guns before we voted on steaming pile A VS. Steaming pile B.

Sorry for the rant but seeing where this country is going really pisses me off.

Old 12-03-2012, 16:36   #1291
houseflipper

Quote:
Well, Obama and the rest of the crooks in government are going to increase some taxes but they'll never cut spending which is the real problem so we're going to see another debt limit increase as usual. After the 2010 Republican gains, the Democrats made gains again because even when Republicans run on the TEA platform, they almost all really want to spend. I saw Obama getting re-elected but I am surprised that they swung the Senate.

We're up the creek and it is too late to be responsible now so it's going to be a gong show until the dollar crashes. Do you see one thing positive about our current government? Even if all the Democrats went away, with a handful of exceptions, the Republicans are no better so why put any faith in US government backed anything?

I bought more silver the other day. I don't expect any real increase in buying power like some do but a dollar will lose buying power for sure. I also bought 75k primers, powder, bullets and a couple more guns before we voted on steaming pile A VS. Steaming pile B.

Sorry for the rant but seeing where this country is going really pisses me off.
I totally agree and just want to let you know you are not alone.It's nice to know good Americans are Awake.
Old 12-03-2012, 17:07   #1292
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Wake me at $100
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:53   #1293
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseflipper View Post
Few in this thread saw Silver being less than $50 right now.

I wouldn't look to this thread or this forum for predictions of prices.

Old 12-03-2012, 21:06   #1294
Catshooter

Looking for predictions about the future is fun, but acting on them is just a bit risky, dontcha think?

Cat
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19   #1295
tadbart
duuuuude.

dollar cost averaging.

buy consistently, over a long period of time, no matter the cost per unit.

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42   #1296
dukeblue91

Gold will go up and down more than silver in this market and even may hit again at or below $1680.00 but not for very long.
Silver will not go below $30.00 and hasn't for a while.
At his minute gold is at $1699.13 that is pretty good.
But won't make much of a difference to me as finished goods don't run on a per day cycle.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:04   #1297
rwrjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
Silver will not go below $30.00 and hasn't for a while.
I wish silver would drop below $30 because I'd be in a buying mood.

It looks like PMs are taking a hurtin' today. Anybody know why?

A man is none the less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years. --Lysander Spooner
rwrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39   #1298
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Uncertainty.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:12   #1299
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwrjr View Post

Silver seems to float between 28 and 35, I bet you will see at least one drop below 30 before the currency fails.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18   #1300
houseflipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwrjr View Post

Apmex and Provident both are having sales on silver today. Might be a sign they think prices are going even lower we shall see.